By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Tops 109M Units, XS Outsells PS5 - Global Hardware June 12-18

55k units separate Series from PS5 in NA. XB should pass PS by July 2nd.

Around the Network
darthv72 said:

55k units separate Series from PS5 in NA. XB should pass PS by July 2nd.

No matter what; if Microsoft got lucky with the Series-S bet (as they could not have predicted any shortage) or if the high end Series-X/Play Station Five does not have enough stocks. You have to give Microsoft credit; they really turned it around and now back in the game after the not-so-good last generation.

This is great to see and the competition will be very healthy for this generation and even set the table for the next one after that.

Switch sales are steadily dropping, and yet it still sold more this week than X|S + PS5 combined. Console shortages seem to be helping X|S since this is yet another week where it outsells PS5 worldwide. I'm sure at some point in this thread someone will say that PS5 has massive demand and yet this week shows:

Switch last year, this week > Switch this week > X|S + PS5 > X|S > PS5

That definitely does not make PS5 look massive in any way.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

That definitely does not make PS5 look massive in any way.

Oh but it is massive : 39cm x 26cm x 10.4cm; that's big! ;)

Imaginedvl said:

zing......

Around the Network

Switch will be down year on year for FYQ1 (April to June), it shipped 4.45m last year. This year i'm thinking around 3.75m is probable. As for PS5 I am expecting around 2.5m which would be a decent improvement over Jan to Mar but a bit short if you're aiming for an 18m FY. I don't comment on xbox sales because microsoft don't even bother making official shipments public, so not much point.

mZuzek said:
Imaginedvl said:

Massive in three ways.

Did someone say "massive three way"?

Even though MS is a bigger company than Sony, Xbox still feels like the underdog compared to Playstation, and its nice to see underdogs win sometimes.

Granted, PS5 is still going to sell more globally/lifetime, but Xbox may well take back America and reclaim a fair chunk of the global marketshare it lost with the Xbone.

Wow, every time I see that Xbox got a push and Sony down, and the next week the situation is opposited that the previous week...
At this rate both consoles will end with similar numbers.

About Switch... Damn, if Nintendo does not kill it soon, it will reach or at least will be around the numbers of PS2/NDS
Hope it can be success, but I rly don't see it due its difficult.

trunkswd said:

I've been sent some more data thanks to @Welfare that shows we overtracked the Xbox Series X|S from January 2021 to October 2021 by roughly 210,000 units in the US. Taking a quick look most of the difference occurred in January, February, and October. I'm working on the adjustments right now. 

okay, so then the front page will show 15.16m instead of 15.37m. 5.3m gap between Series and PS5 instead of 5.09m