By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Nintendo handheld console?

What's your favorite Nintendo handheld console?

Game Boy/Game Boy Color 58 8.79%

Game Boy Advance 110 16.67%

DS 115 17.42%

3DS 85 12.88%

Switch 292 44.24%

Total:660

The next group of consoles you get to choose from is all about Nintendo's handhelds. Just like with Nintendo's home consoles, Switch is included here because of its hybrid nature.

Bonus question: What are your personal top 5 games for the console you've chosen? (If you have selected Switch in a previous poll already, feel free to list games outside of your top 5.)

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network

I chose DS. Though Switch and DS are Interchangeable for me to be honest but the DS was the first system I bought for myself.

My top 5 are
1. Elite Beat Agents
2. Animal Crossing: Wide World
3. New Super Mario Bros
4. Scribblenauts
5. Professor Layton and the Curious VillageF

It's the 3DS(especially the N3DS). Since I count the DS backward compatibility into the account, it's librairy might be the most insane of any handhelds here.

Also it had a huge pletra of JRPG's from Atlus and Nintendo catalog which truly cemented my lifetime with the machine.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I'm a bit conflicted here.  On one hand, the Switch is already my favorite game system behind only the SNES and the NES (as of right now). There is just so much frick'n content I love between original titles, remakes/ports and arcade ROMs I can play anywhere.

On the other hand, I don't like choosing a game system that is not finished yet since my top 5 games could obviously change.  That, plus the fact that I already know that the Switch is going to win this in the poll makes me want to pick the DS instead.  Furthermore, the touch screen revolution was such a blast and I adored the beautiful design and screen of the DS Lite.  I bought a total of four DS systems in its life and didn't even own the DSi (the original, a white Lite, a black Lite and finally a Zelda gold Lite).

However, because my single favorite game series, Zelda, left such a bad taste in my mouth on the DS due to the deplorable control method coupled with the fact that the games weren't great anyway, I'll opt to just vote for the Switch  since I skipped it in the console thread.

Top 5 Switch games so far:

1. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Super Mario Odyssey
4. Zelda: Link's Awakening
5. Metroid Dread

The OG Gameboy.

It says allot when you get a dozen of us nerds in a room, all linked up/networked and playing Pokemon Red/Blue in the 90's.

That wasn't an experience that would be replicated in console land until the OG Xbox and Halo.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Well if we're counting the Switch it's not a hard choice. Otherwise it's a very close call between GBA and 3DS. My full ranking would be:

1. Switch
  2. GBA/3DS
  3. NDS
  4. GBC

When it comes to games, I think I've listed my Switch favorites a few times before, so I'd rather name some GBA and 3DS favorites instead:

GBA: Pokémon Ruby & FireRed, Golden Sun 1 & The Lost Age, Metroid Fusion and Mother 3.

3DS: The Zelda Remakes, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Metroid: Samus Returns, A Link Between Worlds and Pokémon X.

Major Switch Titles Launch Aligned

2022 predictions:

• Switch - 24m
  • PS5 - 15.5m
  • Xbox Series - 10m

The Switch, of course! I also have a great fondness for the GBA for the Metroid and Castlevania titles. The DS had a few titles I enjoyed, but I never personally purchased a system. I don’t really use the Switch too much as a handheld, though, so I picked the GBA.

Gameboy Advance. It was straight up core gaming at its very best. The DS had a wider library and was obviously a more capable machine. But when it comes to core gaming, it's hard to beat GBA. It's also the last of the Gameboy line, as well as Yamauchi's last handheld contribution, so it's gotta get my vote.

3DS was the first Nintendo handheld with good quality 3D graphics. That’s why it wins for me. Never owned a switch.

I will vote for 3DS only because I see Switch as hybrid