By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play - June 2nd (30 mins, 3rd party, VR + Horizon)

Didn't watch the whole thing but I watched the FFXVI trailer and it looks amazing, but I really hope there are other playable party members. 

Spoiler!
I wonder if the "Dominants" of each summon will be the other party members.

Also, the music was godly

Around the Network

One of the few State of Plays I missed live and it was an absolute banger!

I'd give it a 9/10. FF16, Horizon Call of the Mountain, Stray, The Callisto Protocol, Rollerdrome looked incredible to me. A lot of the reveals here would be suitable for a PlayStation Showcase.

Offered little. Meh. 3/10

3 is for FF even tho it showed me little I've not turned away like previous FF games since 7th gen.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Still no Little Devil Inside... sigh

Callisto protocol dint show enough. Knowing is a spiritual succesor to dead space is not enough. I wanted to at least see some clear combat moment.

Not much new that interested me. I wad already hyped for the direction ffxvi is going with. Resident evil 4 is good but I dont get hyped for remakes.

I would gives this a solid 7. For a 30 min show thats pretty good.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

6/10, okish, but not enough to creat wow! FF looks great, horizon VR looks good, calisto and SFVI are Great multiplatform... Ok show.

Wolverine, Kotor remake, GoW Ragnarok, siperman 2,.. Sony gave me 1 "wow" presentation, a 9/10, it will need more than this to cause impact on me.

JWeinCom said:
twintail said:

Why would it matter? This was never advertised as a 3rd party exclusive show.  You either liked the games shown or you didn't and that's all that matters.

Well I'm guessing Sony wanted this show to encourage people to buy things they'll make money off of. So I think it matters to them. If that wasn't their purpose, then great job I guess. 

Sony make lots of money off multiplat third party content, Fifa and Cod are also like the driving force of console adoption in Europe lol.

But the minute this was labeled a Third Party showcase it should be expected it'd mostly be multiplat since none of the big 3 tend to have more than 1/2 big third party AAA exclusives per year and they shouldn't really.

In my case at least the exclusives content was my favourite: Stray, Season and FFXVI. The show had no filler and great updates, so easily an 8/10.

They'll naturally be another showcase as Sony have 2 1st part live service games due to launch this fiscal year + GOW update due.

Manlytears said:

6/10, okish, but not enough to creat wow! FF looks great, horizon VR looks good, calisto and SFVI are Great multiplatform... Ok show.

Wolverine, Kotor remake, GoW Ragnarok, siperman 2,.. Sony gave me 1 "wow" presentation, a 9/10, it will need more than this to cause impact on me.

Just to tamper expectations, this was billed as a state of player but the later thing you highlighted was a playstations games showcase i.e their big E3 like event. 

The latter is still likely happening later in the summer where 1st party content and more reveals will be on show.

Last edited by Otter - on 06 June 2022

Only thing I was expecting that didn't rear its head was Avatar, but I guess that's saved for another event since Sony announced they have a partnership with ubi for that game

coolbeans said:

Totally forgot about that one.  Is there another PS showcase/state of play planned for the summer?

Little Devil Inside was part of a State of Play last year.