By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Sony Turning PlayStation’s ‘Gran Turismo’ Into Movie; Neill Blomkamp Eyed To Direct

Of course they’re using the branding and the cars, and Sony has some fairly deep talent in their film studios. My glib take on what will happen (that will probably turn out to be mostly accurate):

The loudest whiners will be the purity trolls, sad pathetic little goblins skulking about Twitter and the YouTube comment section thinking a much better writer would be some guy recording himself with overcharged temper tantrums about the differences the film has from their experience with the source material. There will be YouTube videos longer than the actual film. These little Spartacuses will then harass the social media of the film creators until the end of time, or until the next Star Wars film comes out and they focus on that instead.

The only ones sadder will be the “We’re losing the culture war!” bunch. One of them will make some kind of meme saying (I don’t know, probably) “Gran Woke-rismo” or something because there’s a gay person, or more than one woman or black person in the main cast. There will be 432,000 upvotes to the comment and people will repeat the meme about 17 million times thinking they’re the most cleaver people on earth for thinking to repeat it. They’ll believe the meme makes a profound point because it’s pasted over some woman with pink hair and a negative facial expression.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 09 June 2022

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

By the way, the Castlevania adaptation is surprisingly great.
Apparently, the show got canned after Trevor/Alucard because the showrunner got busted for sexual coercion. I hate being the guy who judges a book by its cover, but an outdated hat in this century screams pervert as loudly as a moustache in the 1990s.

(Hmm, can’t get a picture to post, so here’s a link to what the guy looks like)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/14/Warren_Ellis_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg/1024px-Warren_Ellis_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Last edited by Jumpin - on 09 June 2022

Jumpin said:

Apparently, the show got canned after Trevor/Alucard because the showrunner got busted for sexual coercion. I hate being the guy who judges a book by its cover, but the outdated hat in this century screams pervert as loudly as a moustache in the 1990s.

Never played Castlevania, but I did like the series.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I like racing in movies so I'd be willing to give it a shot. That Ford vs Ferrari movie was really good and it has me pumped to watch more racing. Baby Driver was a great watch as well though it's more of an overall action movie with a bit of a focus on racing.

Jumpin said:

Apparently, the show got canned after Trevor/Alucard because the showrunner got busted for sexual coercion. I hate being the guy who judges a book by its cover, but the outdated hat in this century screams pervert as loudly as a moustache in the 1990s.

Really? I read the show "ended" as in the first part of the story was ended with S4 but they're gonna make a sequel series with a different cast.

Here's my source

Around the Network
Spike0503 said:

I like racing in movies so I'd be willing to give it a shot. That Ford vs Ferrari movie was really good and it has me pumped to watch more racing. Baby Driver was a great watch as well though it's more of an overall action movie with a bit of a focus on racing.

And Baby Driver was Sony Pictures right? So there is more hope of turning decent.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

TomaTito said:

Sounds like a winner, worked great with Need For Speed.

Need For Speed was actually pretty good, and I'm not even a fan of racing movies especially. Well, maybe I just like Aaron Paul.

Anyways, this license IS a strange one to pick because GT games have never had any lore or plot to speak of and you can make a racing movie under any name, so..

I guess they are trying to make all their IPs into brands and recognizable and cross-pollinate between games and movies and whatnot.

DonFerrari said:
Jumpin said:

Never played Castlevania, but I did like the series.

Fantastic franchise, but I’m one of the few who was a big fan of the originals, and didn’t really get into the Metroidvania types. Not that I disliked the concept, I actually like the idea a lot better than the formula of the originals on paper. But, in practice, I found the action, tension, and pacing of the Metroidvanias to make for a less interesting experience. Although, fair warning, the oldest games aren’t particularly accessible to newer players. But if you like 8-bit platformers and/or side scrollers, you’ll love 8-bit Castlevania. If you like the same genres in 16-bit, the same goes for 16-bit Castlevania.