By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Saudi Arabia buys 5% of Nintendo

Saw this tweet from a big website called eurogamer. Saudi Arabia rubbing their hands like birdman in evil plot I hate this world.

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 18 May 2022

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

Apparently, Nintendo learned of the stake only from news reports, not internally. Waiting for the Big N for an official response on this.

We know the Saudi prince and alot of Saudi Arabians like to chop man leg and arms in USA since they took that USA reporter and did the cruelist thing and videotaped the american, Saudi Arabia owning 5% of Nintendo feels terrible. I will still buy Nintendo products because I'm a gamer.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

5% doesn't give them any power over Nintendo, not really any need to worry.

Kakadu18 said:

5% doesn't give them any power over Nintendo, not really any need to worry.

Yes, it doesn't. Nintendo is not the type to sell majority to anyone outside of Japan. Nintendo is not easily Manipulated like SNK. I have faith in Nintendo, Hope Toyota or a Japanese bank steps in and buys 20% of Nintendo. I don't feel confortable Saudi Arabia plotting something on Capcom next after their small investment. The FTC needs to get off Microsoft and Sony balls because they are not doing anything in the way of Tencent and Saudi Arabia ultra being bad dudes and doing killings without consequences and Tencent being Chinese hating USA.

Around the Network

What's with the Saudi Prince investing so much into Japanese game companies? Wouldn't be surprised if we see that he purchased a 5% stake in Bandai Namco or Sega soon.

gtotheunit91 said:

What's with the Saudi Prince investing so much into Japanese game companies? Wouldn't be surprised if we see that he purchased a 5% stake in Bandai Namco or Sega soon.

I'd have a minor heart attack if the Prince bought stake in Sega, for this year I've said Microsoft should fund most of SEGA and buy 20% of SEGA too keep monster away from the weaker AAA japanese companies and big ones I didn't know until today like Nintendo?

WTF lol

gtotheunit91 said:

Saudi Sovereign Fund Acquires $3.3bn Stake in Activision, EA, Take-Two | Eurogamer.net

They're doing everyone...

Have to find another way to latch their claws into other countries, that oil won't last forever, Lol.

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Saudi Sovereign Fund Acquires $3.3bn Stake in Activision, EA, Take-Two | Eurogamer.net

They're doing everyone...

Have to find another way to latch their claws into other countries, that oil won't last forever, Lol.

Glad Microsoft bought Activision before Saudi manipulated and gain even more stake shares then pulling an SNK on Activision, Hope the acquisition hurries up and FTC can't seem to look at Saudi Arabia becuase they are in the grass preying on Japanese instead of american more lately which are laughing their asses on giving the finger on FTC those Saudi arabians are smart going after non American studios lately which I love Japanese made games more than american ones.