By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Got a Series X today

I got a call from my local store that they had one in stock, so I jumped on it right away. With GT7 going nowhere fast I had put my interest down for Forza 8, but it didn't take that long for them to get hold of a Series X. It's the 20th anniversary Halo edition as well, looks very nice!

First impressions, it's a lot smaller than I feared it would be. It doesn't quite fit in my AV cabinet but looks good enough standing up next to the tv. The Halo design suits it well. The Halo controller looks just as good and feels even better. I also got a standard controller for when co-op drops and the Halo controller oozes 'quality' compared to the standard one.

After the mandatory system update it's now downloading Halo Infinite (already played it on Gamepass PC, but not seen it yet in HDR) and installing Forza 7. I already played FH5 and Psychonauts 2. Any other must haves before Starfield arrives?

The UI is kinda messy, and it took me a while to figure out how to get Forza 7 going. I couldn't find an option for disc games anywhere, but it turned out the disc was in upside down. (No clue which way the label goes with the thing standing up). It would have been nice if the system had spit it back out or at least put in a warning somewhere about an unreadable disc lol.

98 GB for Forza 7, 9% done. Guess I won't be playing tonight doh. I need to charge my rechargeable batteries anyway. The second controller came with a cable, no batteries. Anyway nice to have all consoles again this gen (minus SteamDeck)

Around the Network

Not sure what type of games you are into but heres a few I recommend.

• Stardew Valley
  • Tunic
  • Trek to Yomi
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps + Ori and the Blind Forest
  • Gears of War Remake
  • Otcopath Travler
  • Hades
  • Echo Generations
  • Mass Effect Legendary Edition
  • Tetris Effect
  • Streets of Rage 4
  • The Ascent

These are some games that I really enjoy all on gamepass. No idea if any of these are of interest to you, but if you got gamepass on xbox might as well check some of them out.

我是广州人

Play Gears 5, if you haven't already.

Also, Doom Eternal and Doom 2016.

Ashadelo said:

• Stardew Valley
  • Tunic
  • Trek to Yomi
  • Gears of War Remake
  • Otcopath Travler
  • Hades
  • Echo Generations
  • Tetris Effect
  • Streets of Rage 4
  • The Ascent

These are some games that I really enjoy all on gamepass. No idea if any of these are of interest to you, but if you got gamepass on xbox might as well check some of them out.

Great list. I played a lot of those already when I had gamepass on PC.

I'm mostly into exploration type games and simulation. I already played FS2020 on PC but didn't get to Gears 5 yet. Sci-Fi is also one my interests, I might pick up CP2077 for the X. Starfield is half the reason why I got the X but that's still a while away.

Currently playing Forza 7, or rather watching cut scenes, driving a lap, and now waiting for more to install doh. The handling is quite different coming from GT7. All my hard wired counter steering I do in GT games makes the cars spin out in Forza haha. It's mostly browsing through menus so far.

Around the Network

I’ve been revisiting State of Decay 2. I recommend you trying it if you haven’t played it yet or tried out the juggernaut edition.

SvennoJ said:
Ashadelo said:

• Stardew Valley
  • Tunic
  • Trek to Yomi
  • Gears of War Remake
  • Otcopath Travler
  • Hades
  • Echo Generations
  • Tetris Effect
  • Streets of Rage 4
  • The Ascent

Great list. I played a lot of those already when I had gamepass on PC.

I'm mostly into exploration type games and simulation. I already played FS2020 on PC but didn't get to Gears 5 yet. Sci-Fi is also one my interests, I might pick up CP2077 for the X. Starfield is half the reason why I got the X but that's still a while away.

Currently playing Forza 7, or rather watching cut scenes, driving a lap, and now waiting for more to install doh. The handling is quite different coming from GT7. All my hard wired counter steering I do in GT games makes the cars spin out in Forza haha. It's mostly browsing through menus so far.

what about flight simulator?

我是广州人

Damn, even managed to get the halo le...

Nice

Id give Gears 5 another go on the Series X with HDR. Game has recieved massive upgrades. One of the best looking Unreal Engine 4 games at its finest.

Azzanation said:

Id give Gears 5 another go on the Series X with HDR. Game has recieved massive upgrades. One of the best looking Unreal Engine 4 games at its finest.

Don't forget to mention the excellent Hivebusters story DLC that is free with Game Pass.