By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Sony buys Square Enix, will there be hope for another LoD?

Tagged games:

So...

Nah, they hate it! 7 15.56%

No, FF > LoD 6 13.33%

No, because of you 7 15.56%

Maybe, SE can try it 1 2.22%

Maybe, just... maybe 2 4.44%

Yes, because of you 5 11.11%

Yes, LoD > FF 3 6.67%

Yeah, they will! 2 4.44%

What is a LoD? 4 8.89%

Rather see Knack 3 by Square 8 17.78%

Total:45

victor83fernandes said:

Sony doesnt have money for square enix

They were going to buy Leyou for a billion dollars. They can very easily get SE.

You go from 1B to around 5B (around 680B Y at the moment which would be around 5B USD) market cap and call it "easy" :)

Form the current market cap, that's already 5 times what they wanted to pay for Leyou and this is without any premium (probably at least 30% if not way more) so 6.5B would be the bare minimum. I do not think this is an easy thing for Sony. I suspect anything lower than 8B would not be accepted by SE Board too.

In any case, I believe Sony can get the money; but as SE is already doing so many exclusives for Sony; I don't think this would be a very good business decision; they should spend their money on something else imo.

Around the Network

How to turn a silly obsession and yourself into a meme.

Hynad said:

Geez, what a mean spirited comment. At least the other people saying "Nope, good talk" are less condescending.

Honestly I'm not sure what the Square purchase would mean for a LoD remake/reboot but I'd say that stranger things have happened. Crash, Shenmue, Mega Man and Valkyrie Profile were all dead franchises until the people in charge gave them a chance.

Id be more hoping for a Chrono Trigger Remake.

BraLoD said:
Angelus said:

Nope. Good talk.

You were once a believer...

Incorrect lol. I love LoD, and I'd be ecstatic about a revival of the IP, but I've never actually had any faith whatsoever that it would happen.

Around the Network

If the current Square Enix makes LoD 2 it'll likely be an action RPG full of cringey scenes where a boy-band dressed with an amount of zips and buckles illegal in over 30 estates drive a cabrio limo while listening to Limp Bizkit. Is this what you want, BraLoD?

Spike0503 said:
Hynad said:

Geez, what a mean spirited comment. At least the other people saying "Nope, good talk" are less condescending.

Honestly I'm not sure what the Square purchase would mean for a LoD remake/reboot but I'd say that stranger things have happened. Crash, Shenmue, Mega Man and Valkyrie Profile were allowed  dead franchises until the people in charge gave them a chance.

Geez, it’s not like he’s been at it since his very first day here, years ago. He brings it up every other day, FFS!

Just give it up already. There's no chance of this happening.

Has anyone outside of this thread even heard of this game?

我是广州人

There will never be another LoD. Come up with some new schtick.