By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Sony buys Square Enix, will there be hope for another LoD?

Tagged games:

So...

Nah, they hate it! 7 15.56%

No, FF > LoD 6 13.33%

No, because of you 7 15.56%

Maybe, SE can try it 1 2.22%

Maybe, just... maybe 2 4.44%

Yes, because of you 5 11.11%

Yes, LoD > FF 3 6.67%

Yeah, they will! 2 4.44%

What is a LoD? 4 8.89%

Rather see Knack 3 by Square 8 17.78%

Total:45

Nope. Good talk.

Around the Network

Nope. Good talk.

No. Big purchases like this are never good for the smaller series, mostly because the buyouts are done with the big IPs in mind.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Better chance of SEGA releasing Dreamcast 2 than that.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Nope. Good talk.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Legend of Dragoon Remake will happen when TGL announces Advanced V.G. 3.

So, never.

We have a better chance of getting a 3rd Chrono game than we would a LoD sequel. Think about it this way...Sony did nothing with it when they had control over it for years...do you really think they would all of a sudden prioritize it over all the other SE IP they would get if Sony bought SE?

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Square Enix being bought by Sony is already a big "IF". I actually believe there is a possibility some of the rumors originated from Square Enix wanting to sell Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal, and maybe Sony had some interest. However, Embracer Group is the one that got them. Maybe Sony will pick Square Enix up, but I would take it as a grain of salt for now and not read too much into it. One thing that we have seen time and time again in recent years, is that nobody knows anything when it comes to acquisitions.

However, hypothetically if the two were to join forces, I wouldnt rule it out completely, but I think the more likely candidate would be to remake Legends of Dragoon from an already Sony owned studio being Bluepoint. 

Sony doesnt have money for square enix