By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cyberpunk games

I recently finished the best Cyberpunk game released the last couple of years.

Customize your character.

Good shooting gameplay.

Big world to explore.

Fantatic OST.

Why none other than, The Ascent. More people should play this as it's an absolutely fantastic top down shooter RPG.

I'm a fan of the Cyberpunk genre in both Film/TV and games.

Of course there is the Deus Ex games (I love the last 2).

Snatcher. One of Kojima's best works.

Scarlet Nexus and Astral Chain more recent anime takes on the genre that are great. Tho in the purest sense debated if CP at all.

Ruiner is a great top down twin stick in the genre.

Observer which had Rutger Howard before he passed away.

As just a phew but nowhere near all examples.

Then some shitty ones like Detroit Become Human (so tone deaf in the awful writing) or Foreclosed. Looked neat but is bland and boring. CP 2077 which is a disaster rushed GTA clone with a CP skin but is hardly a CP game. May have fixed some bugs since release but the story and mechanics are still there. Still a bunch of broken promises. Regardless I know some people ended up liking it. It's a divisive game.

For those not too familiar with the genre. The short end of it is Cyberpunk is typically a high tech Neo-Noir world than can have technological achievements such as space travel,androids, cyborgs, High end AI or Holographic AI, synthetic humans in a world that has become run down or lawless. After a collapse of society and/or a decaying one.  Typically taking part  in large mega cities with no greenery in site. Neon signs and run by high-end corporations. Most depictions are seedy. R/M rated. Not all.

Anyone else a Cyberpunk fan?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Only played The Ascent for a couple of hours but I need to get back to it rather soon. It might get removed from Game Pass at the end of July.

Last edited by Barozi - on 06 May 2022

I'm currently replaying Astral Chain and it's even better the second time around. But it's probably the only Cyberpunk type game I've played. At least the cyber part applies.
Love this game to pieces.

I just finished Cosmic Star Heroine like a week ago. It's a great little RPG with retro style 16-bit graphics with a heavy cyberpunk aesthetic.

My three favorites: Syndicate, System Shock, Deus Ex

Steam list of tagged games: https://store.steampowered.com/tags/de/Cyberpunk/

Last edited by okr - on 06 May 2022

Around the Network

Not an action packed game by any means, but Cloudpunk is definitely up there!

Think i played just three cyberpunk games: System Shock, Deus Ex and Syndicate.

However there's fourth game i played long time ago, it's Omikron: The Nomad Soul. Was it cyberpunk game? I forgot lol

Yeah Cyberpunk 2077 is probably the closest as we're going to get as a living, breathing city - to explore in a cyberpunk setting for a game.. at least for now. While CDPR didn't quite deliver in every aspect like usable flying cars and stuff it was still so much fun to play.

Really looking forward to the expansions for it. Hopefully they'll add more to Night City and its inhabitants. Flying cars and some futuristic mini games on the side would be pretty cool.

I'd love another see another company try and make something like that again in a big open world. We could've got one in the vein of Prey 2 (by Human Head Studios) but alas, Bethesda cancelled that game. What I wouldn't give for a bounty hunter Blade Runner-esque type game.,

There's also this.. an indie game called Vigilance 2099 but that kinda looks bleh lol. Love the setting though!

Final Fantasy VII could be seen as cyberpunk fantasy, especially the Midgar setting, with the world ruled by corporate interests and the human genetic experimentation.

SanAndreasX said:

Final Fantasy VII could be seen as cyberpunk fantasy, especially the Midgar setting, with the world ruled by corporate interests and the human genetic experimentation.

FF7 has magic spells so no.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!