By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - NeoGAF gets really cranky about NYT mentioning VGChartz

shio said:
BengaBenga said:
@shio:

Capcom's shipment number for Zack & Wiki at the end of Q3 (check their financial Q3 results if you wish) stated 300.000 Z&W shipped to retailers. This is before the European launch.
You're statement is incorrect, unless you believe that Capcom didn't ship any copies to Europe.

I Stand corrected. I still believe the game hasn't sold more than 150-200k worldwide to Wii owners(sold less than 35k in month release and wasn't heard from since in the US, and it only showed up in 2 or 3 charts in europe). The fact that Zack & Wiki is dropping price so fast is because retailers overestimated it's sales.

ioi said:
Shio, flawed all over

1. NeoGAF is neither well-organised or strict. How can two giant boards be considered as well-organised? Their team of "mods" invent rules to ban every other big site on the internet - vgchartz is not the only one they attack, joystiq, kotaku and many others also get the brunt of their hate (all incited by mods). Hardly a forum for free speech and discussion? If you'd posted this equivelant post on GAF you'd have been banned.

2. VG Chartz obviously is a reputable source as it is being sourced all over the place - numerous major newspapers, most big gaming websites etc. It is only the GAF posse (of which it is obvious you are one) who have this constant undying aim to discredit us. You know absolutely nothing about how we put data together, so how do you seriously try to assert what we do and where out figures come from?

3. When was the 300k shipped figure as of? The game has likely sold more by now but to be honest if the best example you can give of our accuracy is that we have a game 10% higher than it should be (where does your random 150k figure come from) then we're obviously doing a damn fine job. 330k, 300k whatever - does it really make a difference in the grand scheme of things?

Thanks for your trolling.

1- The fact that they ban sites that they believe are not worthy of being used as news sources shows how strict they are. It is well organised, the threads are clean, and trolls and flamers are punished if they push too hard. The board structure is very simple, but also very functional.

2- ioi, how much data does VGChartz cover from videogame retailers? Media Create and Famitsu both have near 60% of japanese retail cover, NPD has claimed having over 50% of North-american videogame retailing data directly from retailers. I enjoy vgchartz, and it's interesting to compare some of the numbers you guys come up with, but I'm not oblivious and blindly start elevating the site over professional sales tracking services.

3- I was mistaken on Capcom's shipments, but I still believe Z&W hasn't sold much to gamers.

Oh come on, I'm not trolling sheeeshhh. I wrote what I believed in and I get tagged as a troll. You should know better.

dtewi said:
Honestly Shio, we don't want your kind of shit-ass Neogaf posters fucking this forum over.

When was that last shipping report reported? 3 months ago?

You NeoGAF want to treat us like massive piles of dog crap, expect the same.

4 - Real mature attitude from you. Ironically, if you'd done this on Neogaf you'd already be banned. 

1. the fact they dont want to keep an open mind when we have been cited by the likes of Forbes, the NYT, IGN, etc, etc. And Pachter uses this site for his analyst. That right there shows we have better tracking then what NeoGAF wants to admit.

2. As PR rep, and have taken business, statistics, and analyst courses, I can tell you that the NPD does not have 50% of all retail as 60% of the world wide retail market is basically mom and pop stores and small retail chains that dont have the strength to pull 1% of Walmart's numbers. ioi is a bit modest about the percentage of retailers we get. He doesnt want us to let you know the actually percentage but let me tell you its above 7% and below 14% and isnt one of those numbers.

4. Yes, we are more lenient mattering the topic. This is why he is getting a warning for cursing and nothing more. He is defending this site like a loyal member. He isn't doing anything specifically wrong. Just like your fine with defending whatever sites you feel you are more loyal to. Just realize that our numbers are by far more accurate then you want to give us credit for and we all qualify to be analysts. I personally help my local government offices with their financial outlooks for their fiscals.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ecurbj said:
Fuck NeoGAF...I was trying to become a member a couple of weeks ago. I signed up and everything and I have to wait for the mods to confirm my e-mail address to make sure I'm not a troll or going to spam with my account.

I have been waiting for about a month now and I still haven't got the permission to become a poster on that site.

Whatever the rules are strict over there if you site anything your banned. Just a immature site that was build on bad reputation. Good thing ioi, left to make VGChartz. Because I couldn't imagine what NeoGAF would be over there if ioi was still there.

Dumb ass NeoGayAssFags....lol

Why'd you have to say "GayAssFags"?  What the fuck does that even mean?  Are your hatreds for NeoGAF and homosexuality both so strong as to be indistinguishable?  There are some great Queer posters at VGC and maybe even at shitholes like NeoGAF.  Have fun calling everybody you don't like "gay fags" when you grow up, if you ever do.  Or maybe you're only this stupid and hateful on the internet where you're safe?  Well, good luck StraightAssBro.

The NeoGAF forum is way too General. Off-Topic & Gaming, thats it. Should be a little more specific. I like VGChartz now because I spend less time on Gamespot and come here instead. Over there, especially in the Wii forum (the only one I frequent) there are seemingly blind fanboys, bashers and one-liners (Y'know, the ones that answer a post without a quote and just say 'agreed') I love Gamespot nonetheless but this forum is becoming better. I wish some pages didn't load blank though......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

supermario128 said:
Untouch said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Look at this quote right here:

I don't get it really, just the fact that the "s" of charts is replaced by a "z" should give you an idea about the credibility of that site - even if you have no idea about the subject whatsoever.

LOL Vgcharts.com is already taken.

Maybe ioi can get it some day.

yeah - I like the "s" better than the "z"

Untouch said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I don't get it really, just the fact that the "s" of charts is replaced by a "z" should give you an idea about the credibility of that site - even if you have no idea about the subject whatsoever.

I did not even know there existed a Vgcharts

Around the Network
dsoverpsp said:
supermario128 said:
Untouch said:
MontanaHatchet said:

the owner of vgchartscom refuses to sell the domain, this is why this site is not vgcharts.com. ioi offered the guy like 800 euros for the domain too.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I actually kind of like NeoGAF. It's definitely one of the most interesting places you'll find on the internet. The problem a lot of you have is that you're looking at it as a forum site, when it's actually a social experiment in what happens when you let the inmates run the asylum. Personally, I stand and applaud NeoGAF's avant-garde contributions to science.

I just do it from very, very far away.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
ecurbj said:
Fuck NeoGAF...I was trying to become a member a couple of weeks ago. I signed up and everything and I have to wait for the mods to confirm my e-mail address to make sure I'm not a troll or going to spam with my account.

I have been waiting for about a month now and I still haven't got the permission to become a poster on that site.

Whatever the rules are strict over there if you site anything your banned. Just a immature site that was build on bad reputation. Good thing ioi, left to make VGChartz. Because I couldn't imagine what NeoGAF would be over there if ioi was still there.

Dumb ass NeoGayAssFags....lol

Why'd you have to say "GayAssFags"?  What the fuck does that even mean?  Are your hatreds for NeoGAF and homosexuality both so strong as to be indistinguishable?  There are some great Queer posters at VGC and maybe even at shitholes like NeoGAF.  Have fun calling everybody you don't like "gay fags" when you grow up, if you ever do.  Or maybe you're only this stupid and hateful on the internet where you're safe?  Well, good luck StraightAssBro.

lol...funny how you were the only person to take offense to my post. You could of been more mature as man and let me feel wrong and ignored my post. But you choice to attack me..Nice..Still love ya though bro

ssj12 said:
dsoverpsp said:
supermario128 said:
Untouch said:
MontanaHatchet said:

the owner of vgchartscom refuses to sell the domain, this is why this site is not vgcharts.com. ioi offered the guy like 800 euros for the domain too.

He should have offered more, it doesn't really matter anymore though, everyone is used to VGChartz.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

ecurbj said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
ecurbj said:

lol...funny how you were the only person to take offense to my post. You could of been more mature as man and let me feel wrong and ignored my post. But you choice to attack me..Nice..Still love ya though bro

Nah, he wasn't the only one that felt that way, he was just the only one to speak up about it. It seems you realized what you did wrong on your own, and more power to you for it, but please try to use more appropriate language in the future. Thanks, and sorry to nag.