By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - NeoGAF gets really cranky about NYT mentioning VGChartz

ioi said:

1. They question "team of analysts" as though it is funny for some reason? The Source, sqrl, DKII, myself and many others are indeed both a "team" and "analysts". Don't really see what is funny there?

Perhaps we need to order some uniforms or jerseys or something?  

"Starting at 'Site Administrator', wearing #1, standing 5'11" and hailing from Great Britain, you know him..you love him...BRETT!!"

Maybe that would help them cope? 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

that site does not exist to me.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

docholliday said:
Never went to neoGAF until I saw this thread, so I went to the site to see what it is....1st impression was that its super damn unorganized. Other than that, check out thier "news" section, think they got what 1 article thats not atleast a year old. IMO just looks like a clusterfuck of forums.

Neogaf is one of the best organized Forums in the internet. They have very strict rules and punish those who break it without fault.  It is also THE forum to talk about videogaming, and several game developers and videogame journalists visit it everyday.

Let's be honest, VGChartz is not a reputable sales' estimations source. VGChartz mostly analyses data from news and retail shipments, while it has almost no direct data from retailers.

Example, VGChartz has Zack&Wiki as sold 330k worldwide... that is incorrect, Capcom only has only shipped 300k copies to retailers, and there are still alot of copies being sold by retailers. Zack & Wiki most likely only has around 150k copies sold to Wii owners.

totalwar23 said:
dabaus513 said:
Bunch of elitist pricks.

Do you think there's anything elite about them?

Well Ive heard game developers such as david jaffe and cliffy B. post there. Also its not like a regular fourm where you just sign up, you sometimes have to wait months, that is if your even accepted. So they probably think they are the in crowd and special. Also michael pachter often mentions them. To bad for them MP gets his information from here and spews it out to the publications like he made it all up, well thats what ive read so idk.

ioi said:
I dunno, maybe an "our team" may help? Who knows? They are so narrow minded that they obviously don't even visit the site and make basic factual errors in most of their comments and assertions. Just a shame threads like that are going to get so much attention...

Ahh dang, I'm no analyst, can I still be part of the team?

I want to be loved... 

Around the Network

Well ioi, at least they all know your (forum)name! You're like a VG celebrity!

What did you do to them? It's not new: VGC is banned from GAF for about a year. Really a bunch of sad, scared-of-the-bad-outside-world losers.
If they really loved gaming they at least had to respect the favour ioi is doing for the gamer-community.

totalwar23 said:
dabaus513 said:
Bunch of elitist pricks.

Do you think there's anything elite about them?

No, you can definitely be an elitist and fall miles short of actually being elite.  Being an elitist just means you are overly full of yourself.

shio said:
docholliday said:
Never went to neoGAF until I saw this thread, so I went to the site to see what it is....1st impression was that its super damn unorganized. Other than that, check out thier "news" section, think they got what 1 article thats not atleast a year old. IMO just looks like a clusterfuck of forums.

Neogaf is one of the best organized Forums in the internet. They have very strict rules and punish those who break it without fault. It is also THE forum to talk about videogaming, and several game developers and videogame journalists visit it everyday.

Let's be honest, VGChartz is not a reputable sales' estimations source. VGChartz mostly analyses data from news and retail shipments, while it has almost no direct data from retailers.

Example, VGChartz has Zack&Wiki as sold 330k worldwide... that is incorrect, Capcom only has only shipped 300k copies to retailers, and there are still alot of copies being sold by retailers. Zack & Wiki most likely only has around 150k copies sold to Wii owners.

Do you really think retailers bought 300K and then sold only 150K only to leave the rest lying on shelves? They're not clueless you know, they do realize how much a game is in demand. Secondly, you're using outdated information. Capcom reported the 300K figure in February. It is now April (actually almost the end of April) meaning it had 3 more months to sell. you're using outdated information like NeoGAF members.

BengaBenga said:
Well ioi, at least they all know your (forum)name! You're like a VG celebrity!

What did you do to them? It's not new: VGC is banned from GAF for about a year. Really a bunch of sad, scared-of-the-bad-outside-world losers.
If they really loved gaming they at least had to respect the favour ioi is doing for the gamer-community.
Oh come on, the reason it was banned from Neogaf was because started thinking that VGChartz was actually a reputable source of the same level as Media Create and NPD, that get all of it's data from most of nationwide retailers. And sunce Neogaf is a gaming forum, some members started to use VGChartz as a validation of their comments over other members who had used NPD as their source. 

@shio:

Capcom's shipment number for Zack & Wiki at the end of Q3 (check their financial Q3 results if you wish) stated 300.000 Z&W shipped to retailers. This is before the European launch.
You're statement is incorrect, unless you believe that Capcom didn't ship any copies to Europe.