By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - NeoGAF gets really cranky about NYT mentioning VGChartz

Mummelmann said:
Just goes to show the wide chasm between the intelligence and the maturity of Vgchartz users vs NeoGaf users, doesn't it?
Why waste so much energy bashing this site, there are certainly sites that we here dislike as well, but I don't see us tearing up the place with threads on and on citing how horrible they are, we just ignore them.
God, I wish all internet forums were as reflected and docile as this is, posting and browsing here is a bucket of joy compared to anything else I can think of, on other sites I never even PM'ed anyone or added friends, there seemed to be a vast majority of assholes among the members (Gamespot takes the proverbial cake in this regard).
One thing's for sure; I know I've opted to be a member of a site that is going places instead of down the shitter like many of the others and this is largely because of
A) The entire concept is unique and the site is getting more and more refined.

B) The team is doing a standup job week in and week out.

C) The users (to toot my/our own horn) here are the best I've come across in my 6-7 years of active internet use.

Conclusion; keep up the good work and fuck NeoGaf. They can have their crematorium forums (a term we made in the forum I was a mod in here in Norway where all topics got out of hand and dozens of users were banned daily) for all I care.

Amen to that brother. I can't think of any other forum off hand that has kept me interested for as long as VGC has (18 months of combined lurking and posting and counting ^_^). I give all the credit in the world to the users of this fine site, the fact that 99% of the thereads here die a natural death and are not cremated (I like that crematium term, dead on [pardon the horrible pun]), only goes to show the incredable matuity and intelegence of the users here.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

Around the Network

ioi, I really think an "Our Team" section would be a great idea. I think to non-newcomers of the site it's not obvious who is bringing us our data. I would appreciate some small bios that describe a little of what each member of the "team" contributes.

ioi said:
I dunno, maybe an "our team" may help? Who knows? They are so narrow minded that they obviously don't even visit the site and make basic factual errors in most of their comments and assertions. Just a shame threads like that are going to get so much attention...

You know, i think that The life of Brians theme song would fit here: Always look at the bright side of life... You see, the more the GAF people runs around the internet repeating their mantra VGChartz... VGChartz... like zombies or raving maniacs, the more VGC is going to get noted. No matter what people try to say, either someone stand up for VGC (i have ran to an crashcourse with some mods and admins) or the people who wants to know sales data will eventually end up to this site. Just look at shio, even as a GAF member, he's here looking for up to date sales data.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

BengaBenga said:
@shio:

Capcom's shipment number for Zack & Wiki at the end of Q3 (check their financial Q3 results if you wish) stated 300.000 Z&W shipped to retailers. This is before the European launch.
You're statement is incorrect, unless you believe that Capcom didn't ship any copies to Europe.

I Stand corrected. I still believe the game hasn't sold more than 150-200k worldwide to Wii owners(sold less than 35k in month release and wasn't heard from since in the US, and it only showed up in 2 or 3 charts in europe). The fact that Zack & Wiki is dropping price so fast is because retailers overestimated it's sales.

ioi said:
Shio, flawed all over

1. NeoGAF is neither well-organised or strict. How can two giant boards be considered as well-organised? Their team of "mods" invent rules to ban every other big site on the internet - vgchartz is not the only one they attack, joystiq, kotaku and many others also get the brunt of their hate (all incited by mods). Hardly a forum for free speech and discussion? If you'd posted this equivelant post on GAF you'd have been banned.

2. VG Chartz obviously is a reputable source as it is being sourced all over the place - numerous major newspapers, most big gaming websites etc. It is only the GAF posse (of which it is obvious you are one) who have this constant undying aim to discredit us. You know absolutely nothing about how we put data together, so how do you seriously try to assert what we do and where out figures come from?

3. When was the 300k shipped figure as of? The game has likely sold more by now but to be honest if the best example you can give of our accuracy is that we have a game 10% higher than it should be (where does your random 150k figure come from) then we're obviously doing a damn fine job. 330k, 300k whatever - does it really make a difference in the grand scheme of things?

Thanks for your trolling.

1- The fact that they ban sites that they believe are not worthy of being used as news sources shows how strict they are. It is well organised, the threads are clean, and trolls and flamers are punished if they push too hard. The board structure is very simple, but also very functional.

2- ioi, how much data does VGChartz cover from videogame retailers? Media Create and Famitsu both have near 60% of japanese retail cover, NPD has claimed having over 50% of North-american videogame retailing data directly from retailers. I enjoy vgchartz, and it's interesting to compare some of the numbers you guys come up with, but I'm not oblivious and blindly start elevating the site over professional sales tracking services.

3- I was mistaken on Capcom's shipments, but I still believe Z&W hasn't sold much to gamers.

Oh come on, I'm not trolling sheeeshhh. I wrote what I believed in and I get tagged as a troll. You should know better.

dtewi said:
Honestly Shio, we don't want your kind of shit-ass Neogaf posters fucking this forum over.

When was that last shipping report reported? 3 months ago?

You NeoGAF want to treat us like massive piles of dog crap, expect the same.

Real mature attitude from you. Ironically, if you'd done this on Neogaf you'd already be banned. 

Mummelmann said:
Just goes to show the wide chasm between the intelligence and the maturity of Vgchartz users vs NeoGaf users, doesn't it?
Why waste so much energy bashing this site, there are certainly sites that we here dislike as well, but I don't see us tearing up the place with threads on and on citing how horrible they are, we just ignore them.
God, I wish all internet forums were as reflected and docile as this is, posting and browsing here is a bucket of joy compared to anything else I can think of, on other sites I never even PM'ed anyone or added friends, there seemed to be a vast majority of assholes among the members (Gamespot takes the proverbial cake in this regard).
One thing's for sure; I know I've opted to be a member of a site that is going places instead of down the shitter like many of the others and this is largely because of
A) The entire concept is unique and the site is getting more and more refined.

B) The team is doing a standup job week in and week out.

C) The users (to toot my/our own horn) here are the best I've come across in my 6-7 years of active internet use.

Conclusion; keep up the good work and fuck NeoGaf. They can have their crematorium forums (a term we made in the forum I was a mod in here in Norway where all topics got out of hand and dozens of users were banned daily) for all I care.

Well said.

I think a lot of us like to stick around this place because of the fine moderators, who work to keep this place civil and clean (relatively), instead of using their using their powers to fulfill petty grudges and grind axes.

I always put on my noseplugs when I click a link to GAF.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

Look at this quote right here:

I don't get it really, just the fact that the "s" of charts is replaced by a "z" should give you an idea about the credibility of that site - even if you have no idea about the subject whatsoever.

LOL Vgcharts.com is  already taken.

The very fact that those guys have censored a site shows their maturity.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Untouch said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I don't get it really, just the fact that the "s" of charts is replaced by a "z" should give you an idea about the credibility of that site - even if you have no idea about the subject whatsoever.

LOL Vgcharts.com is already taken.

Maybe ioi can get it some day.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Neo GAF is okay but.....I was trying to become a member a couple of weeks ago. I signed up and everything and I have to wait for the mods to confirm my e-mail address to make sure I'm not a troll or going to spam with my account.

I have been waiting for about a month now and I still haven't got the permission to become a poster on that site.

Whatever the rules are strict over there if you site anything your banned. Just a immature site that was build on bad reputation. Good thing ioi, left to make VGChartz. Because I couldn't imagine what NeoGAF would be over there if ioi was still there.

Edit: I edit my post because it took offense to certain VGChartz memebers. Sorry for the language :)

supermario128 said:

Untouch said:
MontanaHatchet said:

LOL Vgcharts.com is already taken.

Maybe ioi can get it some day.

Why should he? Site is starting to be established with its name and you could say the "z" is a "proven franchise". Site has a brandname

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.