By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - NeoGAF gets really cranky about NYT mentioning VGChartz

Shio, I like you're civil arguments. I like to see you're open minded.

I don't think anyone is asking you to be oblivious and put VGChartz above professional services. In fact "our team" here does the opposite of that. We get data from NDP, Famitsu, and others. Why would VGChartz staff post those as front page news stories if they didn't want us to be informed.

Lastly, all we can do (users) is apologize for dtewi's post. He probably should have been banned, it was pretty uncalled for.

Around the Network

Now now Ecurbj, there's no reason for that, (ok maybe there are a FEW reasons), name calling doesn't make you look any better than NeoGaf and....oh wait, N-E-O-G...I just got it! That's pretty good, how the first letter and... (ahem) right, what was I saying? Oh yeah.

No need for name calling and whatnot.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

ecurbj said:
Fuck NeoGAF...I was trying to become a member a couple of weeks ago. I signed up and everything and I have to wait for the mods to confirm my e-mail address to make sure I'm not a troll or going to spam with my account.

I have been waiting for about a month now and I still haven't got the permission to become a poster on that site.

Whatever the rules are strict over there if you site anything your banned. Just a immature site that was build on bad reputation. Good thing ioi, left to make VGChartz. Because I couldn't imagine what NeoGAF would be over there if ioi was still there.

Dumb ass NeoGayAssFags....lol

It usually takes months to approve accounts.  Reason being they search the net for your username, email, etc. to see how you've behaved on other forums, etc.  You cannot sign up with a free email account (AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo, MSN, etc).  I think its pretty ridiculous.  Once again, I think the mods at GAF censor what their users say.  If you say anything other than what the mods believe, you will be banned.  Modern day internet Nazis, if you will.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Ya, it took me like 2 months before I could post there.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Wow. I've never seen so much random, unexplainable, irrational hate of a website in one place. I wouldn't call myself any sort of vgchartz loyalist or anything, and some of the numbers can be off, but I do like the site - these people (neoGAF) are a bunch of idiots! I mean, replacing all mentions of "vgchartz" with "********"? Hilarious! Their admins must be 17 years old or something!

Around the Network
ecurbj said:
Fuck NeoGAF...I was trying to become a member a couple of weeks ago. I signed up and everything and I have to wait for the mods to confirm my e-mail address to make sure I'm not a troll or going to spam with my account.

I have been waiting for about a month now and I still haven't got the permission to become a poster on that site.

Whatever the rules are strict over there if you site anything your banned. Just a immature site that was build on bad reputation. Good thing ioi, left to make VGChartz. Because I couldn't imagine what NeoGAF would be over there if ioi was still there.

I hope you don't hate VGChartz too much if you get a ban for that pottie mouth..

Anyways, I've never tried to become a member at Neogaf, but I have spent enough time on their forum to hear about becoming a member. They had approved a lot of members a while back that had been waiting quite a few months. So don't be surprised if you have to wait even longer.

NeoGaf has some good members on their site, but unfortunately, there are too many elitist jerks and clowns in general to make it worth participating in. Their fear of ioi and VGChartz is sad, but kind of amusing too. I know it eats those NeoGaf mods and their lackeys up when VGChartz gets all these mentions in sites, mags, and newspapers across the world. :) 

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

epsilon72 said:
Wow. I've never seen so much random, unexplainable, irrational hate of a website in one place. I wouldn't call myself any sort of vgchartz loyalist or anything, and some of the numbers can be off, but I do like the site - these people (neoGAF) are a bunch of idiots! I mean, replacing all mentions of "vgchartz" with "********"? Hilarious! Their admins must be 7 years old or something!
Fixed... Wait... I know 7 year olds who aren't that immature.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Mummelmann said:
Just goes to show the wide chasm between the intelligence and the maturity of Vgchartz users vs NeoGaf users, doesn't it?
Why waste so much energy bashing this site, there are certainly sites that we here dislike as well, but I don't see us tearing up the place with threads on and on citing how horrible they are, we just ignore them.
God, I wish all internet forums were as reflected and docile as this is, posting and browsing here is a bucket of joy compared to anything else I can think of, on other sites I never even PM'ed anyone or added friends, there seemed to be a vast majority of assholes among the members (Gamespot takes the proverbial cake in this regard).
One thing's for sure; I know I've opted to be a member of a site that is going places instead of down the shitter like many of the others and this is largely because of
A) The entire concept is unique and the site is getting more and more refined.

B) The team is doing a standup job week in and week out.

C) The users (to toot my/our own horn) here are the best I've come across in my 6-7 years of active internet use.

Conclusion; keep up the good work and fuck NeoGaf. They can have their crematorium forums (a term we made in the forum I was a mod in here in Norway where all topics got out of hand and dozens of users were banned daily) for all I care.

Here Here. I hope you (ioi) and the team keep doing your thing and keeping this site up to date. I have never been so addicted to forum b4

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

quigontcb said:
ecurbj said:

I hope you don't hate VGChartz too much if you get a ban for that pottie mouth..

Anyways, I've never tried to become a member at Neogaf, but I have spent enough time on their forum to hear about becoming a member. They had approved a lot of members a while back that had been waiting quite a few months. So don't be surprised if you have to wait even longer.

NeoGaf has some good members on their site, but unfortunately, there are too many elitist jerks and clowns in general to make it worth participating in. Their fear of ioi and VGChartz is sad, but kind of amusing too. I know it eats those NeoGaf mods and their lackeys up when VGChartz gets all these mentions in sites, mags, and newspapers across the world. :) 

Actually I have been banned before. I asked to be banned. For the record NeoGAF deserves what I said just because they have to be all professional which they aren't. They are cruel to the members that I heard. You have to make your you site the info you get it from. Some standard stuff ioi put up here, but more stricter over there obiviosuly. I'm no troll, I just wanted to join to get a feel for myself what NeoGAF was like but after hearing what ioi stated in his post eariler I can clearly say I don't give a damn joining the site.

VGChartz, Gametrailers, US Playstation, Xbox.com. Are the only forums I socialize with other than Myspace.com

Awesome work has been put into this site, and I will be damned if jerks over there will get mad because VGChartz is gathering more attention then them.

I remember I stated in a thread a couple of months ago, or awhile a ago. That this site will take off and we will be experiencing several talkdowns and evasions as much as possible do to the sites growth. And its starting to happen right now.

While the GAF hate is irrational, being mentioned in a NYT article alongside Sideshow Pachter doesn't exactly make VGC credible.

The weird part is that they used VGC to show that Smash Bros. sales are bad... When even by VGC's numbers, SSBB is doing amazing, flying towards SSBM's total in a fraction of the time and performing as well as any "core" game on the market for any system... If VGC is going to be a source for an (awful) article, at least they could use the data to support a point it actually supports.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.