By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - NeoGAF gets really cranky about NYT mentioning VGChartz

fazz said:
Is there any specific reason why NeoGAF hates VGC? What's the background of the hate?

because its full of illogical rabid fanboys. 

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@Montana

why don't you go & post the reasoning for Uncharted sales there, maybe that would knock some sense into the muppets!

Hey, you sign up for that craphole of a site and tell them off. I'm not going to. Feel free to use that argument.

fazz said:
Is there any specific reason why NeoGAF hates VGC? What's the background of the hate?
I like to know more, too but from what I gather, ioi was a member of NeoGAF and had a falling out with the admins there. He started up this website and of course, you can't like the site if you hate its owner.

I love the line from "Haunted One":

"Goddamnit. VG Chartz gaining recognition and a positive rep. Only GAF sees through broshnat's/ioi's nefarious scheme."

I just wonder if at some point it will dawn on them that recognition is deserved and that all their bitterness only makes them childish no matter how much they think it means their right.

I will admit though, they got one thing right....that article is an insult to proper journalism, I don't think the guy even tried to do research on it. But then again this article and their reaction to it isn't why GAF is full of bitterness....so my previous statement applies.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Nice ad for the site by Nyt, but the best part

" team of analysts who study video-game sales"

truly made me LMAO.

Around the Network
fazz said:

I believe Ioi originally wanted to do his service through them and they turned him down... and now they're jealous.

I may be off though.  Either way, ehh, who cares.  Big site... wish it was a better article.

Never went to neoGAF until I saw this thread, so I went to the site to see what it is....1st impression was that its super damn unorganized. Other than that, check out thier "news" section, think they got what 1 article thats not atleast a year old. IMO just looks like a clusterfuck of forums.

Bunch of elitist pricks.

Zite lol...

dabaus513 said:
Bunch of elitist pricks.

Do you think there's anything elite about them?