By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: List of PlayStation first-party games that are currently being ported to PC

We've been expecting more PC ports for PlayStation games to start quickening here soon since Uncharted Collection is so far the only remaining confirmed title. A pretty credible industry insider has provided additional information on graphics options for the upcoming GoW: Ragnarok, as well as the list of upcoming ports. 

Nixxes appears to have been working on the Ghost of Tsushima port the longest, so I wouldn't be surprised if that releases next on PC.

But of course, massive grain of salt! It kinda seems like the PC platform is meant to replace the PS4 since GoW: Ragnarok will be the final cross-gen title. Full link below here.

https://exputer.com/news/playstation/playstation-studios-alleged-pc-ports/amp/

On a side note, if you're planning on getting a DualSense controller for your PC, Sony has now provided a way to upgrade the firmware of the controller on your PC :)

Update the wireless controller firmware (playstation.net)

Around the Network

Makes sense. More money. As a ps5 owner it doesn't bother me if more people get to play great games.

I honestly have mixed feelings about this... I would have liked to see this happen once the supply/demand situation improved... Doesn't affect me personally as a PS5 owner, but not everyone was that lucky.

But it's also nice to cut off the umbilical cord to older hardware so we can make some strides forwards to make the 9th gen consoles shine.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Not saying its false but its just things we already know, not really "rumour" worthy. All of the major titles will go to PC a few years after release.

The Spider-Man games are what interest me the most. Surprised it took so long for Spider-Man games to become Playstation excusive considering how long Sony had the movie rights, but that's still the one game I'm sad to see only available on one platform.

Around the Network

While this is of course just a rumor, I wouldn't be suprised if it's true, since (like I've said once before) now really is the perfect time for PlayStation to expand more heavily into the PC market, since the only real downside it could have is (potentially) lowering the demand for their hardware, but sky high demand doesn't help them if they can't produce the consoles fast enough to meet it and that doesn't seem like it's gonna change anytime soon (unfortunately). So if there's a hard cap on their hardware sales then they might as well boost their software sales as much as they can by expanding into the PC market.

In regards to PS4 being dropped, it's a bit of shame if true, but not shocking since they probably didn't even plan originally to make PS4 versions of the games released this year, but with the buildup of the PS5 install base being fairly slow, they probably couldn't pass up those 115m PS4 owners.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

CGI-Quality said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

While this is of course just a rumor, I wouldn't be suprised if it's true, since (like I've said once before) now really is the perfect time for PlayStation to expand more heavily into the PC market, since the only real downside it could have is (potentially) lowering the demand for their hardware, but sky high demand doesn't help them if they can't produce the consoles fast enough to meet it and that doesn't seem like it's gonna change anytime soon (unfortunately). So if there's a hard cap on their hardware sales then they might as well boost their software sales as much as they can by expanding into the PC market.

In regards to PS4 being dropped, it's a bit of shame if true, but not shocking since they probably didn't even plan originally to make PS4 versions of the games released this year, but with the buildup of the PS5 install base being fairly slow, they probably couldn't pass up those 115m PS4 owners.

Which is why nothing drastic will change anytime soon. They'll continue their 6 month-1 year on some of their titles and older ones will gradually appear on PC. 

And no, it is not a shame for PS4 to be dropped. As I said earlier, it's long overdue. 

Not really sure what you mean by the first part.

But yea I do think it's a shame if they drop the PS4, but of course I'm not suprised a lot of people would think otherwise, that's fair enough. I'm just talking from the perspective of someone who doesn't own a PS5, probably won't for a few years and who doesn't care that much about visual fidelity.

CGI-Quality said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Not really sure what you mean by the first part.

But yea I do think it's a shame if they drop the PS4, but of course I'm not suprised a lot of people would think otherwise, that's fair enough. I'm just talking from the perspective of someone who doesn't own a PS5, probably won't for a few years and who doesn't care that much about visual fidelity.

The first part is in response to what I bolded that you said.

"lowering the demand for their hardware"

I got that much, but my are you saying that they wouldn't lean to heavily into the PC market because of that? Because my entire point was that lowered demand doesn't hurt them right now. Demand alone doesn't benefit them, and they can't sell what they don't have. Obviously if putting their games on PC somehow cut demand in half it could be a different story, but it should be clear that that isn't the case.

I don't disagree that we won't see a drastic change from one day to the other as porting games takes time, but when you write that "they'll continue 6 months - 1 year on some titles" I gotta say that they've never actually ported a game to PC that early yet, so that would be a noteable change and one that I think we will see in the next few years for some titles at least. It's gonna be gradual like you said, but I don't think fear of lowering hardware demand is what's holding them back though, at the very least it certainly shouldn't be.

Edit: Okay you were probably refering to Uncharted Legacy of Thieves with the 6 months - 1 year part, didn't really occur to me since it's a remaster of 2 older games, so in my mind it's more like those games getting ported after 5-6 years.

Last edited by UnderwaterFunktown - on 24 April 2022

CGI-Quality said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

I got that much, but my are you saying that they wouldn't lean to heavily into the PC market because of that? Because my entire point was that lowered demand doesn't hurt them right now. Demand alone doesn't benefit them, and they can't sell what they don't have. Obviously if putting their games on PC somehow cut demand in half it could be a different story, but it should be clear that that isn't the case.

I don't disagree that we won't see a drastic change from one day to the other as porting games takes time, but when you write that "they'll continue 6 months - 1 year on some titles" I gotta say that they've never actually ported a game to PC that early yet, so that would be a noteable change and one that I think we will see in the next few years for some titles at least. It's gonna be gradual like you said, but I don't think fear of lowering hardware demand is what's holding them back though, at the very least it certainly shouldn't be.

Edit: Okay you were probably refering to Uncharted Legacy of Thieves with the 6 months - 1 year part, didn't really occur to me since it's a remaster of 2 older games, so in my mind it's more like those games getting ported after 5-6 years.

What I was saying was very simple. They still very much desire to sell hardware at the pace they are selling it. Putting their big games on PC day-and-date with the PS5 versions would be a significant hindrance to that. 

6 months to a year is an "at least" prediction, not that they will be moving to that indefinitely.

If the shortages gets sorted out completely at some point then sure, though even then I think "significant" could be an overstatement.

CGI-Quality said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

If the shortages gets sorted out completely at some point then sure, though even then I think "significant" could be an overstatement.

It isn't an overstatement, because the bread and butter of PlayStation (and Nintendo) is what they have that others don't. This is obvious, as their games would already be Day One releases otherwise. Even being on PC. That market is bigger than console-only fans understand, and removing a serious need for the console in any notable capacity is not something I see them doing anytime soon.

You're kind of hinting at the point I would have right here, console and dedicated PC players (with gaming-grade PCs) are different groups with only some overlap, and even in that overlap many would probably still choose to get a console even if they could get all or almost all games on PC. I know I would, even if not at full price, but that's no different from what I do now.

I could also bring up the obvious example of Xbox which is doing just fine for itself despite releasing their "exclusives" for PC day 1 and just having less of them in general. I'm sure Game Pass deserves some credit for that, but that's available for PC too. A powerful console with solid games, a strong brand and a reasonable price compared to Gaming PCs is appealing enough in itself to sell a ton even if the games can also be gotten elsewhere. And again I'm not saying it would have no effect, just not a super pronounced one.