By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo allegedly violates Workers rights to organise

CaptainExplosion said:
deerox said:

In what way? All they did was deny the accusation.

Well last I heard, we haven't had sexual assault allegations or any form of frat boy culture at Nintendo.

Work place review be like: "You don't get r***d here, 7/10."

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Well last I heard, we haven't had sexual assault allegations or any form of frat boy culture at Nintendo.

Work place review be like: "You don't get r***d here, 7/10."

Well, that's a lot better then a work review that says the opposite.

CaptainExplosion said:

How far along is the investigation?

Just started

Will take a few months

I want to know what demented brainlet came up with the idea that Puerto Rican people can't be blonde.

CaptainExplosion said:
Kakadu18 said:

I want to know what demented brainlet came up with the idea that Puerto Rican people can't be blonde.

What's that got to do with this? Regardless, I think your answer is Trump.

Read all of the tweets in this thread.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

What's that got to do with this? Regardless, I think your answer is Trump.

I doubt an employer would have used racial terms to someone in this day and age in he fear of getting sued for it. They would have a policy about dying hair only in your natural colour and would have said your hair is not naturally blonde and someone would have taken it as oh because I'm Puerto Rican.

Hell the school I went to had a policy like that and even work has one too, but not as extreme, they just don't want you coming in looking like a clown with coloured hair.

Cobretti2 said:
Kakadu18 said:

I doubt an employer would have used racial terms to someone in this day and age in he fear of getting sued for it. They would have a policy about dying hair only in your natural colour and would have said your hair is not naturally blonde and someone would have taken it as oh because I'm Puerto Rican.

Hell the school I went to had a policy like that and even work has one too, but not as extreme, they just don't want you coming in looking like a clown with coloured hair.

It's one thing if you have bright red, blue or green hair, but simply blonde shouldn't pose an issue of any sort to anyone.

Kakadu18 said:
Cobretti2 said:

It's one thing if you have bright red, blue or green hair, but simply blonde shouldn't pose an issue of any sort to anyone.

lol you'd be surprised how old some policies are. Blond highlights where out lol

twintail said:

https://sea.ign.com/nintendo-switch-1/184926/news/inside-the-growing-discontent-behind-nintendos-fun-facade

IGN report into NOA

Seems like repeating what I've already read multiple times about other companies outside gaming/IT industry even 

Outsourcing and other kinds of non full-time jobs lead to precarious working habits. The difference in turn over seems to be particularly staggering

Nintendo seems to value their development studios, as they don't believe they can find other talents with Nintendo DNA easily in the wild, which must be right, but they don't share the same view from their non-dev teams, which they probably seem as second class workers that can be easily overworked and replaced 

This is just shitty.