By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Remedy Entertainment Enters Agreement with Rockstar Games to Remake Max Payne 1 & 2

How the literal hell does Remedy have anymore developers to spare?!? This would be their 5th or 6th project in active development!

Around the Network

As a big Max Payne fan...

Finally more Max! Hoping this will spur them on to make a fourth game. But I'd take a remake of the first two games with Northlight Engine.

Last edited by hinch - on 06 April 2022

Sam Lakes face still needs to be Jpeged on Max Payne.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

The thing with game development is you don't have 300~ people working on a game all at the same time, from start to finish.
Different phases of development require more/less people than other phases of development.

I would assume Remedy is allocating staff to a project in a dynamic per-needs basis... So if a project needs 150~ staff for a few months, they allocate that... Then after that need has stopped, shift them to another project.

It's ensuring everyone is kept busy every day... Rather than forcing the hire/fire cycle that oft-plagues game development.

Although, they will probably need to do some more hires...

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Unnecessary to announce it until it's within a year of release. Pre hype is bad hype that just leads to fan frustration, developer crunch, and less software sales due to it being stale feeling on release day rather than a breath of fresh air. They should have waited to announce this for a long time.

Around the Network

As a fan of both games this announcement is super exciting. Particularly cause I'd like to have a great console version of the second game which is one my all-time favorites. It's also relieving to hear that Remedy themselves are going to be handling the development, specially after the GTA remaster fiasco.

Hopefully this release will be successful and we get a continuation to the series made by Remedy as well. If that were to happen I'm guessing they'd disregard Rockstar's MP3, which is good game on its own but I wouldn't have a problem with its plot being retconned out of existence.

I played the first game a lot of years ago. It was my first experience with a game with Brazilian-Portuguese voice acting.

I have Max Payne 2 for PS2, but never finished it.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I played the first game a lot of years ago. It was my first experience with a game with Brazilian-Portuguese voice acting.

How was the Portuguese dubbing for the first game? I played the first game with Spanish dubbing many years ago and I thought it was pretty good.

I highly recommend trying MP2 out if you liked the first one but either play the PC version or wait for the remake. The PS2 version is ugly as hell and the loading times suck.

Spike0503 said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

How was the Portuguese dubbing for the first game? I played the first game with Spanish dubbing many years ago and I thought it was pretty good.

I highly recommend trying MP2 out if you liked the first one but either play the PC version or wait for the remake. The PS2 version is ugly as hell and the loading times suck.

The portuguese dubbing in Max Payne 1 was really good.

Really liked both games, which I cannot say for 3rd one. I hope they keep them close to originals.