By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Is free speech suppressed on the internet's main public squares

Yes 58 53.70%

No 46 42.59%

Undecided 4 3.70%

Total:108
hellobion2 said:

Mabey if Elon get 52 billion . He can demand that he X will onely allow people to utilzie X on his plantform. So it will just be X.

Looks like the first thing he decided to spend some of that on is Trump. $45M per month, which would be like $200M ish by the time the election rolls around. Still just pocket change for Musk.

Now the question is did he donate because he thinks it's the right thing to do, or because they obviously put an X on Trump? Elon and his X's, ya know.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 23 July 2024

Around the Network

So Musk fires the majority of his Twitter technical staff and twice now (Ron DeSantis presidential campaign launch (earlier year and Trump interview last night) he's had massive technical failures. Ah, the karma. Failures for which he is incorrectly blaming on a DDoS attack.

It's been a most enjoyable month in politics.

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

Renamed said:

So Musk fires the majority of his Twitter technical staff and twice now (Ron DeSantis presidential campaign launch (earlier year and Trump interview last night) he's had massive technical failures. Ah, the karma. Failures for which he is incorrectly blaming on a DDoS attack.

He practically DDoS'd himself with the interview announcement.

Of course everyone wants to see what they have to say, and of course Twitter's infrastructure ain't up to that task, especially not after all the cuts Musk made.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Renamed said:

He practically DDoS'd himself with the interview announcement.

Of course everyone wants to see what they have to say, and of course Twitter's infrastructure ain't up to that task, especially not after all the cuts Musk made.

And that would actually not be so bad.  If a company announces a sale that overwhelms their digital storefront or payment processor, they don't call that a DDoS.  In fact, you often brag about that.  "Our customers are so excited that they overwhelmed our systems."  

If people jam packed a physical retailer, that's fantastic news from that businesses point of view.  Even if it blocks or deters further actual sales.  A physical DDoS would be like an attacker filling the store with crash test dummies stacked to the ceiling.  All fake and no real customers can access it.

And even if it were a DDoS attack, those can be mitigated with a combination of proper edge layer packet filtering, load balancing, traffic routing, rate limiting, or use an upstream layer for each provider and use null routes when necessary. 

All that free speech...
Except don't say Cis.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Is becoming a political pollster an upgrade or downgrade vs rocket scientist?

Which part of him was a rocket scientist? He just paid a lot of money to the best rocket scientists to move to Space X. That's how they build self landing rockets and stuff like that. Nothing of that had been his ideas nor did he work on anything on his own. But he got the right people to achieve a lot, that's what nobody can deny. too bad many of his projects are financed by one shady group after the next. Even his Twitter purchase was partly financed by some sheiks who treat others like slaves...

crissindahouse said:

Which part of him was a rocket scientist? He just paid a lot of money to the best rocket scientists to move to Space X. That's how they build self landing rockets and stuff like that. Nothing of that had been his ideas nor did he work on anything on his own. But he got the right people to achieve a lot, that's what nobody can deny. too bad many of his projects are financed by one shady group after the next. Even his Twitter purchase was partly financed by some sheiks who treat others like slaves...

He's not but he did little to direct the credit accordingly.  And his sycophants don't help the matter.  

How Elon Musk Learned Rocket Science for SpaceX - Business Insider

Former SpaceX Exec Explains How Elon Musk Taught Himself Rocket Science

Jim Cantrell, who was an aerospace consultant at the time, became SpaceX's first VP of business development and Musk's industry mentor when the company launched in 2002. He says that Musk literally taught himself rocket science by reading textbooks and talking to industry heavyweights.

"He is the smartest guy I've ever met, period," Cantrell tells us. "I know that sounds overblown. But I've met plenty of smart people, and I don't say that lightly. He's absolutely, frickin' amazing. I don't even think he sleeps."

Musk "knows everything about what he's building," Cantrell says, but of course even he understands that he can't master everything. That's why he used Cantrell's network in the aerospace industry to gather some of the best in the business. "It was like spaceapalooza!"

EricHiggin said:

How Elon Musk Learned Rocket Science for SpaceX - Business Insider

Former SpaceX Exec Explains How Elon Musk Taught Himself Rocket Science

Jim Cantrell, who was an aerospace consultant at the time, became SpaceX's first VP of business development and Musk's industry mentor when the company launched in 2002. He says that Musk literally taught himself rocket science by reading textbooks and talking to industry heavyweights.

"He is the smartest guy I've ever met, period," Cantrell tells us. "I know that sounds overblown. But I've met plenty of smart people, and I don't say that lightly. He's absolutely, frickin' amazing. I don't even think he sleeps."

Musk "knows everything about what he's building," Cantrell says, but of course even he understands that he can't master everything. That's why he used Cantrell's network in the aerospace industry to gather some of the best in the business. "It was like spaceapalooza!"

Like when he claimed he knows more than anybody else in engineering at that point, then stumbles over the most basic engineering questions?

Pretty sure the average KSP player knows more about literal Rocket Science than Musk actually does.