By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yes, I got a job. Finally.

I am working as a inspector at a elementary school. Well, to be honest I'm still a trainee, so my salary is quite low, but getting my first job after years as a student, is something that I'll probably remember for the rest of my life.

The kids are driving me crazy by the way.

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I am working as a inspector at a elementary school. Well, to be honest I'm still a trainee, so my salary is quite low, but getting my first job after years as a student, is something that I'll probably remember for the rest of my life.

congratulations? finishing all those years of schooling only to end up back in elementary school? or for us Australians primary school, btw what's an elementary school inspector and what does it entail compared to being a teacher ?

Last edited by mjk45 - on 25 March 2022

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

What's an elementary school inspector and what does it entail compared to being a teacher ?

I work 6 hours per day, and have some tasks, like taking care of the kids at breaks, or when the teacher needs to go out of the class, getting itens from the lockers for the teachers, and notify the principal when a parent come to the school and needs to talk to them.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
mjk45 said:

What's an elementary school inspector and what does it entail compared to being a teacher ?

I work 6 hours per day, and have some tasks, like taking care of the kids at breaks, or when the teacher needs to go out of the class, getting itens from the lockers for the teachers, and notify the principal when a parent come to the school and needs to talk to them.

Your occupation sounds like what we in Australia call teacher aides , does it have a good career pathway?

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Your occupation sounds like what we in Australia call teacher aides , does it have a good career pathway?

Yes. I am studying Pedagogy, so I intend to become a teacher in the future. This job will help me to understand better how a school work.

Around the Network

Nice!

Aren't they just wonderful though? Before long you will be thinking "Administration is driving me crazy" or other similar things and just adoring the kids.

Good. Good. Nice to see some positive news on the net.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

axumblade said:

You’ll adjust to Being around kids. You’ll be out of training in no time. Congrats!

Or you wind up in a psych ward like I did, then go to law school.

Quite possible things are very different in Australia, but if you plan on going into teaching, talk to the teachers, and think really hard about it. 

CaptainExplosion said:

What are you looking for as an inspector? Mostly looking out to make sure the kids aren't snatched by some creepers?

That's one of the things, yes. I need to make sure they're safe around school grounds..

Farsala said:

Nice!

Aren't they just wonderful though? Before long you will be thinking "Administration is driving me crazy" or other similar things and just adoring the kids.

Yes, I love what I do.

Today I had to stay in class with some 6 year old kids. They are very energetic, but also quite adorable. One of the girls made a illustration (mostly scratches though) and asked me if it was good. And a boy showed me how he made a illustration about his dog, "Spiderman".

Congrats, man! Hope a lot of good stuff is coming at you. 

I would like to work with children, too, they don't typically complain about the weather and money hardships xp 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.