By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What are you picking up for MAR10 day?

What MAR10 Day discounted game are you picking up (or the one you are most excited for if buying multiple)?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 0 0%

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury 7 100.00%

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe 0 0%

Luigi's Mansion 3 0 0%

Yoshi's Crafted World 0 0%

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle 0 0%

Mario and Sonic at Tokyo Olympics 0 0%

Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit 0 0%

Total:7

A bunch of Mario games are discounted to $40 for MAR10 day. Who's picking something up?

I picked up Mario 3D World. Will probably get into it a little bit tonight. Never been all that interested in it, but with the highly regarded Bowser's Fury part added and at $20 off I took the plunge. It was the only game on sale for MAR10 day that I didn't have and was at least somewhat interested in.

What are you all buying?

Around the Network

I picked up Bowser's Fury. Except for MK8, I have been refraining from double-dipping on games for Switch that I already have on WiiU; Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 1&2, NSMBU/LuigiU, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101. Although I did pick up Rayman again because it was on sale for really cheap digitally.

But the Bowser's Fury content in SM3DW had me intrigued and I always planned on purchasing it eventually, so this was the perfect time for the Switch physical copy.

Probably pick up 3D World as well. Never got to into it other than a few multiplayer sessions, and would really like to soak it in during my next playthrough. And since I only played the Wii U game, I never played any of the Bowser add-on stuff. 

While I generally prefer the 2D stuff, I can't really justify even 40 bucks for a fairly average sidescrolling in NSMB Deluxe, especially when I already played most of it on Wii U.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

...Might pick up some art books by an awesome artist, sasatseng...
*leaves quietly

I just got a Switch for Christmas, so I went all out.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Never owned this on the Wii U, so it was a must buy.
Luigi's Mansion 3 - Fan of the first two, so had to pick this up.
Yoshi's Crafted World - Always a sucker for Yoshi games.
Super Mario Maker 2 - A fan of the first, so had to get the second.

If I didn't already own NSMBU + Luigi on the Wii U, I probably would have bought that too.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Getting my wife into Mario lingerie tonight ;)

And picking up Mario 3D World! Can't wait to check out Bowsers Fury :)

Already bought the new games when they came out, and not going to get the WiiU ports as I've played them already.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Mario 3D World is actually pretty good (I wasn't ever that interested in it). Does a better job of 2D-Mario-like gameplay than NSMBUD, which was quite mediocre and just feels stale. 3D World feels like a pretty good continuation of the 8bit and 16bit games. I wouldn't say it is nearly as good as SMB3 or SMW, but it is a lot better than NSMBUD. I wouldn't mind each gen getting one 2D Mario, one 3D World type of game that gives a 3D take on 2D Mario, and one normal open 3D game, along with a Mario Maker of course. Granted that's a lot of new Mario every gen, like one every other year, but they're all quite different. The fully 3D games are all still much better than 3D World but this is a good take on 2D Mario gameplay.

Haven't tried Bowser's Fury yet. I'm guessing I'll be quite happy with this game once I get throught it and the Bowser's Fury part.

I picked up 3D World as well, mainly for the Bowswer content. I have this for the Wii U and my friends and I played the hell out of it. Loved it and willing to replay it all again.

I dont think I can do Mario games unless they're couch coop nowadays.