By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play - 9 March (PS4/ PS5 updates)

twintail said:

To be fair, we got an FF7 update + MH expansion reveal + Predator reveal in a single SoP before. 

And RE3 remake was revealed in an SoP. 

Edit: so was FF7R intergrade. 

That's true, but based on how Sony handles State of Play's since the launch of the PS5, I think its best to temper expectations. 

Around the Network

The best case scenario I could see for tomorrows State of Play:

- Ghostwire Tokyo
- Final Fantasy Origins
- RE8 DLC + RE2/3 PS5 footage
- Final Fantasy Pixel
- Triangle Strategy PS4/PS5 announcement
- Soul Hackers 2

PotentHerbs said:
twintail said:

To be fair, we got an FF7 update + MH expansion reveal + Predator reveal in a single SoP before. 

And RE3 remake was revealed in an SoP. 

Edit: so was FF7R intergrade. 

That's true, but based on how Sony handles State of Play's since the launch of the PS5, I think its best to temper expectations. 

The issue is more that people hype State of Plays more than they should versus Sony doing anything wrong here. We get info on games. A spectacle isn't needed. The problem is many people want mini E3s and not only is this never promised, but shouldn't have been expected to begin with. 

Thus, in my eyes, nothing is wrong with their State of Plays. 

CGI-Quality said:
PotentHerbs said:

The issue is more that people hype State of Plays more than they should versus Sony doing anything wrong here. We get info on games. A spectacle isn't needed. The problem is many people want mini E3s and not only is this never promised, but shouldn't have been expected to begin with. 

Thus, in my eyes, nothing is wrong with their State of Plays. 

Yes it's Sony v Human nature and we know who wins that war, despite State of Play's ongoing attempts to keep the optimists in check by way of precisely worded declaration's aimed at preparing us to expect mediocre announcements so lowering expectations all this along with history showing the veracity of those low expectations.

but in the face of all that overwhelming down playing,those high expectations have not diminished instead the expectation rates are high, and rising on a tide full of sickly sweet optimism powered by a never ending number of overly optimistic or delusional human naturists (take your pick) I'm for the later ,that await to pick up the baton every time a colleague succumbs to reality Sony can't win.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 08 March 2022

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I think State of Play's as they are positioned are a perfectly valid avenue for making announcements. But yeah, I think it should also be apparent to almost everyone that you shouldn't go in expecting major stuff: while there'll be the occasional big surprise, these are not the norm for Sony's format.

But that said, I personally see no issue being hyped for each one as long as it's understood that your hype is most likely not going to be matched. And that wouldn't be Sony's fault.

But that said I don't think FF16 or RE4 remake are out of the question. It is technically Spring in Japan, which is when FF16 was meant to reappear, and RE4R could still very easily get it's official announcement with a more concrete showing later.

From what I can tell, previous 20 minute SoP's have included 10 games total (very consistently actually - the Deathloop SoP was 30 mins with 20 mins dedicated to 10 other games, as well).

Around the Network

Expecting FFXVI to get delayed.

Hoping for FFIX remake or FFTactics remaster news due to recent rumors.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Project Eve update maybe? Doubtful probably too soon and this says Japan. Stranger in Paradise was a nice surprise so I hope we get something cool.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Project Eve update maybe? Doubtful probably too soon and this says Japan. Stranger in Paradise was a nice surprise so I hope we get something cool.

Most are, not all. So, Project Eve is still possible!

Last edited by twintail - on 09 March 2022

I think a MHW2 announcement would be nice.

I'm pretty sure they will have a new trailer that shows the new release date for Forespoken, so I would imagine that taking up about 3 minutes or so.