By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play - 9 March (PS4/ PS5 updates)

axumblade said:

ExoPrimal is all of the things I like with all of the gameplay I am not a fan of…

I immediately got Anthem vibes from the gameplay lol

Around the Network

WHY DOES EVERY SHOOTER HAVE TO BE ONLINE ONLY..FUUUUUCK. I just want a fun single player TPS. A Even Gundam is just a shitty Overwatch clone

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Ok that last one was cool to see.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I wasn't expecting a new Valkyrie Profile (Well, Elysium). I love that franchise, since PS1/PS2 days. After Covenant of the Plume, they kinda forgot about the series.

The gameplay looks kinda generic, though. But not bad at all.

Very different state of play but a very solid one, around 8-9/10.

Will "fans" still going to complain??

Around the Network

With expectations in check, the showcase was a lot better than I expected, 7/10 all things considered.

A surprising Capcom announcement, Strangers of Paradise demo, Ghostwire Tokyo trailer, free campaign/multiplayer update on Returnal, & The Diofield Chronicle from Square Enix, which IMO is the highlight of the show.

For it me was average at best. Most of the showing was ganes we already new and a free update. Not a fan of online games multiplayer games. Wasted opportunity especially with capcom dino game.

Was nice seeing jojo adventures but that looked like it hasnt progress since ps3 era.

The highlight for me was the last 2 new ip from square enix especially the tactics game. Was hoping more Sony since they have alot of ps1 ips and ps2 ips that they couldd have brought back for remakes

Missed the show but saw the trailers.. it was just okay. Quite a few new games and IP's which was cool and one from Capcom. Not interested really in playing most of them though. Maybe Returnal DLC and Strangers of Paradise FF Origins.

Actually, Strangers of Paradise is the one that interests me the most :P Also, where's my Bloodborne Remaster at?

Last edited by hinch - on 10 March 2022

Loved this presentation, a lot of games, announcements, updates, great pacing but yes we could have more time for each,

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."