By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play - 9 March (PS4/ PS5 updates)

CGI-Quality said:
PotentHerbs said:

That's true, but based on how Sony handles State of Play's since the launch of the PS5, I think its best to temper expectations. 

The issue is more that people hype State of Plays more than they should versus Sony doing anything wrong here. We get info on games. A spectacle isn't needed. The problem is many people want mini E3s and not only is this never promised, but shouldn't have been expected to begin with. 

Thus, in my eyes, nothing is wrong with their State of Plays. 

Yes it's Sony v Human nature and we know who wins that war, despite State of Play's ongoing attempts to keep the optimists in check by way of precisely worded declaration's aimed at preparing us to expect mediocre announcements so lowering expectations all this along with history showing the veracity of those low expectations.

but in the face of all that overwhelming down playing,those high expectations have not diminished instead the expectation rates are high, and rising on a tide full of sickly sweet optimism powered by a never ending number of overly optimistic or delusional human naturists (take your pick) I'm for the later ,that await to pick up the baton every time a colleague succumbs to reality Sony can't win.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 08 March 2022

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Project Eve update maybe? Doubtful probably too soon and this says Japan. Stranger in Paradise was a nice surprise so I hope we get something cool.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I think a MHW2 announcement would be nice.

I'm pretty sure they will have a new trailer that shows the new release date for Forespoken, so I would imagine that taking up about 3 minutes or so.

I've never seen a State of Play, but I'd like to. Is it the same as a Nintento Direct? Same format and pace? Or is it slower and with less ads per minute?

Around the Network

Honestly Sony went from having the most amazing E3 shows to this state of play garbage, that somehow manages to make absolutely everything seem bland and boring. No expectations what so ever and somehow I am still going to be dissapointed.

Edit: Two weeks later Sony will announce the PS6 via blogpost. Geniuses.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Greenfox said:

I've never seen a State of Play, but I'd like to. Is it the same as a Nintento Direct? Same format and pace? Or is it slower and with less ads per minute?

State of plays are a little bit slower paced then a nintendo direct

In a 20 minute ND you get around 10 games rapid fired with 2 to 3 minute trailers and a bit of gameplay before moving on

With a SoP Sony show fewer games but go into greater detail about those games (sometimes criticised for spending too long on a single game)

Problem is people believe in the rumors and leaks and them don`t like when those don`t come true.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Shinobi-san said:

Honestly Sony went from having the most amazing E3 shows to this state of play garbage, that somehow manages to make absolutely everything seem bland and boring. No expectations what so ever and somehow I am still going to be dissapointed.

Edit: Two weeks later Sony will announce the PS6 via blogpost. Geniuses.

These State of Plays aren't meant to be the high profile shows with the exception of dedicated showings. A better comparison for E3 would be the PlayStation Showcase. 

Capcom just announced Warframe Earth Defense Force with Dinosaurs.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!