By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 8, 2022 - (14th Feb - 20th Feb)

just a thought approaching the acnh and mhr sales spikes the coming month.. how do y'all think this year is gonna go around w12-14? will kirby manage to keep the deficit down? and if so, by how much?

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:

How much Forbidden West sold compared to Zero Dawn ? 

HZD sold 109k first week.

Kakadu18 said:

Last week was the Switch's strongest week 7 ever and this week is it's strongest week 8 ever.

Once again, thanks to Hiska-kun from Installbase for these graphs.

Nice chart.

I expect Switch 2022 will go something like this:

Slownenberg said:
Kakadu18 said:

Last week was the Switch's strongest week 7 ever and this week is it's strongest week 8 ever.

Once again, thanks to Hiska-kun from Installbase for these graphs.

Nice chart.

I expect Switch 2022 will go something like this:

5mil is a reasonable expectation.

Pokemon still strong in the chart and a new Pokemon presents is in a few days.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

How much Forbidden West sold compared to Zero Dawn ? 

So it's in line with the UK decrease in sales. Thanks

Horizon Forbidden West opened higher on PS4 but the PS5 version will probably stay in the charts longer and sell more in the long run. 

PS5 SKU for Horizon FW is getting pretty close to the PS4 SKU. It will be interesting to see if this is the new normal for this year for the next few releases.

Also gotta say, if someone had told me a year ago that the next big Warriors title after Age of Calamity would be Touken Ranbu Warriors, I would have said, "What the hell is a Touken Ranbu Warrior?"

Mar1217 said:

Switch coming in with a more than good week for the expectations were prolly. Combo of Pokémon Arceus and Touko game helped most likely.

Also a big week for the PS5 which reaches similar numbers to last year with arguably it's biggest release this financial quarter. PS4 physical sales still above the PS5 version though.

In Japan GT7 should be bigger

IcaroRibeiro said:
Kakadu18 said:

So it's in line with the UK decrease in sales. Thanks

It actually faired better than the the UK decrease, but bare in mind the UK had a major storm last weekend (and probably has a higher digital share)