By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Lukashenko: Crocus Attackers Went to Ukrainian-Russian Border Section Because They Could Not Enter Belarus, Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has questioned the Kremlin's and Russian propaganda's claim that the attackers in the Crocus City Hall attack were preparing to retreat to Ukraine in advance.

"They couldn't go to Belarus. Their handlers (we have suspicions about some of them, I'll call Putin and tell them my suspicions) understood that they couldn't enter Belarus. Because in the first minutes, as in Russia, part of the region switched to an enhanced security regime, so in our country," BelTA quoted Lukashenka as saying.

According to the President of Belarus, the forces of the Ministry of Internal Affairs were involved, posts were set up on the roads, including with Russia, "the forces of the KGB, the State Border Committee, and some military units were involved."

"That's why they couldn't enter Belarus. They've seen it. Therefore, they turned their backs and went to the section of the Ukrainian-Russian border," Lukashenka said.

His words contradict what Russian President Vladimir Putin said. "They tried to hide and moved towards Ukraine, where, according to preliminary data, a window was prepared for them from the Ukrainian side to cross the state border," Putin said in a televised address on Saturday.

On Tuesday, the thesis of Ukrainian participation, which Kiev rejects as absolutely false, was developed by the Secretary of the Russian Security Council, Nikolai Patrushev, and the director of the FSB, Alexander Bortnikov.

Lukashenko is such a fucking moron, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 26 March 2024

Around the Network

I wouldn't want Lukashenko on my team for anything even if he wasn't a piece of shit, Lol.

Dude is straight dumb.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time he has accidentally contradicted his master.

So, they were going to Belarus and only tried to go to Ukraine instead because they couldn't go to Belarus? Not sure how this is even bad news against Ukraine. Belarus was their preferred destination and Ukraine only an emergency solution. And since they didn't reach Ukraine it's also illogical to say that Ukraine would've let them in. Because such a speculation about people who didn't even reach the country is just weird.

I'm sure Putin will find a new fantastic story. 

crissindahouse said:

So, they were going to Belarus and only tried to go to Ukraine instead because they couldn't go to Belarus? Not sure how this is even bad news against Ukraine. I mean, he tells us that Belarus was their preferred destination and Ukraine only an emergency solution. And since they didn't reach Ukraine it's also illogical to say that Ukraine would've let them in. Because such a speculation about people who didn't even reach the country is just weird.

It's also a weird destination considering Ukraine's border would have a high concentration of Russian troops, they'd more likely get shot before they even touched the border, unless Russia is that poorly defending the border, it feels more like a panic move, they couldn't get into Belarus so they panicked and fled to the next closest country which is Ukraine but it would have also been the most risky move.

Around the Network

Man. Lukashenko is good for comedy sometimes though.

Who does Lukashenko think he is? How many wars has Belarus even won?

Honestly...Does he seriously believe Belarus stands a chance against Poland? Lmao.

Ukraine is pushing to strengthen its alliances with African countries through an expansion of its grain shipments program, roughly doubling its embassies in Africa, and President Volodymr Zelenskyy making his first state visit to the continent in the coming months.

Now in the third year of a brutal war, following a full-scale invasion by Russia in February 2022, Ukraine faces an existential battle to build geopolitical ties globally as its key ally in the United States wavers in its support.

The move to ramp up the grain program coincides with broader moves to foster closer ties with African nations. A Ukrainian government spokesperson, responding to Semafor Africa’s questions about plans to expand its diplomatic reach, said Kyiv intends to roughly double its 12 embassies in Africa by adding between 10 and 12 more this year.

It comes as news emerged that Zelenskyy plans to visit the continent. “In the next few months, I believe President Zelenskyy will be coming to South Africa because he’d like to strengthen and expand the engagement,” South African Foreign Minister Naledi Pandor said during an event last week in Washington D.C. at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace think tank.

Ukraine’s Zelenskyy plans Africa visit in push for wider support | Semafor

France will soon deliver 78 howitzers to Ukraine to meet Kyiv's urgent needs, defense minister says | AP News

Ryuu96 said:
Biggerboat1 said:

Random question. With the shit-show that is US politics resulting in recent momentum swinging in Russian's favour, will the extensive minefields they laid to thwart Ukraine's counteroffensive actually prove a major obstacle to themselves taking more territory?

Not really because the Russians should roughly know where they didn't place them and routes forward, also some areas aren't riddled with minefields, they're just soldiers shooting on soldiers or artillery on artillery, Ukraine doesn't have the ammo and so they'll be forced to move back, likely we'll see them lose a lot of ground in the Avdiivka area because the next defensible position is quite far back.

Thanks. Was kinda hoping for a silver lining... Maybe a Russian advance would at least allow Ukraine to track where Russia had left paths through the minefields. Though that would only prove useful if Ukraine are ever in a position to themselves advance again, which is unfortunately looking increasingly unlikely.

I found this video informative - https://www.youtube.com/live/kJUPhhShFP4?si=ZSjfLaUZFI5T26XE

Destiny & co-host interviewing : 'Ryan McBeth is an intelligence analyst, software architect, cybersecurity guy, and YouTube content creator specializing military, intelligence, disinformation and programming'

Lots of info re. specific military equipment being used in Ukraine (and Gaza), as well as lots of logistics talk.