By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

I remember that Germany sent Poland some Patriot systems last year even though Poland was asking to send them to Ukraine instead. But Germany didn't want that back then. So maybe Ukraine will get those now as well.

Around the Network

27 Artillery, 15 Tanks.

The latest Russian museum tank to roll into combat is the T-72 Ural, the original model of the tank type that has been standard across the Russian and allied armies for five decades. The Uralvagonzavod factory in central Russia manufactured Urals for just a few years before switching to improved T-72 models in the late 1970s.

As Tank Losses Top 2,000, Russia Is Deploying T-72s From 1974

The proliferation of volunteer battalions has begun to unsettle Prigozhin, the head of Russia's largest and most notorious private military company, Wagner. The caterer-turned-warlord in April released a foul-mouthed 26-minute rant against rivals he accused of attempting to steal his thunder — and his funding. Prigozhin name-checked Potok and Fakel in the speech and claimed such groups, which were little-known at the time, wanted "to dilute Wagner" so that there would not be "one big force that can play a role in domestic politics".

"Everyone is saying that there will be a power struggle at some point, and everyone needs their own army," Prigozhin said.

Swiss Parliament Votes To Block Indirect Arms Exports To Ukraine

Comes after The Netherlands wanted to buy dozens of Leopard 1 Tanks to then give them to Ukraine, they'd have to have been purchased from a Swiss company so Switzerland had to give permission.

Cabinet Plans to Buy Dozens of Leopard Tanks for Ukraine

Spineless. If Switzerland wants to destroy their defence industry though then that's on them, no country after this should want any part of Switzerland's military industry and I hope it backfires, defence companies should leave Switzerland and other countries should stop buying from Switzerland. I hope Switzerland enjoys the death of their arms industry.

Denying tools for self defence isn't being neutral, it's being a coward and aiding the aggressor. You're either against genocide or you aren't, there is no sitting on the fence, there is no neutrality, you don't have a moral high ground by sticking your head in the sand and ignoring things. Even worse that Switzerland is surrounded by very powerful allies, it's complete cowardice.

Around the Network

I never understood why Switzerland is praised so much around the world for their neutrality. If we would all think like them, guys like Putin would already "own" most parts of the world. In this war Ukraine wouldn't be anymore without help. Moldova, Estonia and so on? Nope...Next would be Poland, then Germany and then the rest of Europe if we would all just look at how other countries should fight on their own. But I guess the money of dictators and billionaires from around the world will always be priority nr. 1 to stay such a rich country.

Feels sometimes as if I would go through a park and see someone raping a woman. But I would say "I don't care" because it's not me, right?

crissindahouse said:

I never understood why Switzerland is praised so much around the world for their neutrality. If we would all think like them, guys like Putin would already "own" most parts of the world. In this war Ukraine wouldn't be anymore without help. Moldova, Estonia and so on? Nope...Next would be Poland, then Germany and then the rest of Europe if we would all just look at how other countries should fight on their own. But I guess the money of dictators and billionaires from around the world will always be priority nr. 1 to stay such a rich country.

Feels sometimes as if I would go through a park and see someone raping a woman. But I would say "I don't care" because it's not me, right?

There is a reason why there flag is red with a white cross, it represents their economy relies on blood money (maybe nazi gold and blood diamonds too) from other countries. As long as they don't know the name of the person with the account they can turn a blind eye.