By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

We should send Ukraine an extra Challenger 2 for each attempted insult and watch them cry some more

Loving the sheer hatred Russia has for UK and I'm even more loving that they don't do shit except cry and shit themselves as UK sends strong equipment despite all the threats. First to send Western MBTs, now lets be the first to send Western Jets and Long-Range (300km) Missiles (Rumoured).

It's the only thing I can be proud about with this country right now, Lol.

*Just to clarify, I don't eat squirrel

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 March 2023

Around the Network

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 March 2023

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Ryuu96 said:

The old lady (the second interviewee) would even have made Hitler and Himmler blush with her total extermination plan

Yes, that video was a disturbing watch.

Ryuu96 said:

While there probably are some places in the UK that serve squirrel on some sort of hunt/game menu, I've never seen it, let alone eaten it, myself (Brit here). There is absolutely no shortage of any other meat.

If they're going to do propaganda, they could at least make it somewhat believable. I mean, just last month we had Theresa Coffey's 'let them eat turnips' moment so why they went with squirrels and not turnips I don't know.

Last edited by SecondWar - on 08 March 2023

SecondWar said:
Ryuu96 said:

While there probably are some places in the UK that serve squirrel and some some sort of hunt/game menu, I've never seen it, let alone eaten it, myself (brit here. There is absolutely no shortage of any other meat.

If they're going to do propaganda, they could at least make it somewhat believable. I mean, just last month we had Theresa Coffey's 'let them eat turnips' moment so why they went with squirrels and not turnips I don't know.

Definitely doesn't sound appetizing to me but I had a friend once who ate squirrel and said it was nice

It's apparently a proposal from an animal rights group to encourage restaurants to serve grey squirrels on the menu to encourage hunting them down because they're an invasive species which has decimated the red squirrel population.

But yeah, Russia dumb as shit.

Around the Network

A odd note from the Guardian's live feed.

'The chief of Russian mercenary group Wagner, Yevgeny Prigozhin, has said he will not appeal against EU sanctions against him, and that they are justified.

“As for contesting sanctions against me and sanctions against PMC Wagner, I am not going to contest them and I believe that at the moment they are imposed quite reasonably,” he said in a statement, reported by Agence France-Presse.Prigozhin is an ally of Russian president Vladimir Putin, and his recruits have been fighting for months to capture the battle-scarred city of Bakhmut in eastern Ukraine.

He made the statement after a European court earlier Wednesday cancelled EU sanctions imposed on his mother, Violetta Prigozhina (see 11:36am), ruling that Brussels had not proved she was linked to her son’s actions in Ukraine.

In a statement, the EU general court said even if Prigozhin was responsible for illegal acts in Ukraine, the evidence presented against his mother when the sanctions were applied last year was insufficient'

Not quite sure what angle he taking to make that statement. That he doesn't care, that he can use the removal of sanctions on his mother to his own ends, or (less likely) some rebuke towards the Kremlim.

SecondWar said:

A odd note from the Guardian's live feed.

'The chief of Russian mercenary group Wagner, Yevgeny Prigozhin, has said he will not appeal against EU sanctions against him, and that they are justified.

“As for contesting sanctions against me and sanctions against PMC Wagner, I am not going to contest them and I believe that at the moment they are imposed quite reasonably,” he said in a statement, reported by Agence France-Presse.Prigozhin is an ally of Russian president Vladimir Putin, and his recruits have been fighting for months to capture the battle-scarred city of Bakhmut in eastern Ukraine.

He made the statement after a European court earlier Wednesday cancelled EU sanctions imposed on his mother, Violetta Prigozhina (see 11:36am), ruling that Brussels had not proved she was linked to her son’s actions in Ukraine.

In a statement, the EU general court said even if Prigozhin was responsible for illegal acts in Ukraine, the evidence presented against his mother when the sanctions were applied last year was insufficient'

Not quite sure what angle he taking to make that statement. That he doesn't care, that he can use the removal of sanctions on his mother to his own ends, or (less likely) some rebuke towards the Kremlim.

I think Prigozhin knows that if the Special Military Operation fails, Putin's days are counted. As such, he following a dual strategy: Fight in the war and reap the rewards if they win, and set himself up a strongman successor of Putin if it fails. Putin desperately needs the Wagner Group right now, so there's not much he can do about it, either.

Ryuu96 said:

We should send Ukraine an extra Challenger 2 for each attempted insult and watch them cry some more

Loving the sheer hatred Russia has for UK and I'm even more loving that they don't do shit except cry and shit themselves as UK sends strong equipment despite all the threats. First to send Western MBTs, now lets be the first to send Western Jets and Long-Range (300km) Missiles (Rumoured).

It's the only thing I can be proud about with this country right now, Lol.

*Just to clarify, I don't eat squirrel

Why do Brits eat squirrels? Are they out of hamsters?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-64891212

Twat.

Sorry.

McCarthy Rejects Zelenskyy’s Invitation to Ukraine - POLITICO

Twats*

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 March 2023

Ryuu96 said

So essentially saying he’d negotiate on Putin’s behalf with a Russia-fabouring deal? Well, this is essentially the position I always figured he’d take. You got to remember how vindictive Trump is and Ukraine and Zelensky were the catalyst behind his first impeachment. Like hell would he do something for their benefit.