By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Do it. Tired of waiting for Germany's permission.

The French are also considering sending their own Leclerc tanks to Ukraine in a bid to provide Berlin with a joint framework for tank shipments.

"The subject is complicated and hasn't been settled yet in Paris. But we are thinking about it," a French official told POLITICO, before nodding to an upcoming meeting on Sunday. "We'll see what gets decided at the joint French-German Cabinet meeting."

Western officials fear Ukraine has little time left before Russia launches a new, broader offensive against Ukraine, possibly necessitating late-in-the-game tank shipments to bolster Kyiv's defenses.

"For months now, Scholz has warned against going it alone with regards to arms deliveries to Ukraine," said Katja Leikert, a German lawmaker on the foreign affairs committee from the center-right Christian Democratic Union, the country's main opposition party. "But now he is doing exactly that: His hesitancy to let European allies deliver Leopard 2 tanks to Kyiv is a dangerous solo action."

She told POLITICO: "Germany should take a leading role in a European coalition of states delivering Leopard 2 battle tanks to Ukraine.

Tanks, No Tanks: Scholz Holds Key to Leopards for Ukraine, But Waits for Biden – POLITICO

Around the Network

Sorry my German brothers but this was funny, Lol.

Noice.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 January 2023

Not even had Ramstein meeting yet...This Spring offensive is going to be a major point in the war.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 January 2023

Around the Network

I hope chancellor Scholz realizes that Ukrainian soldiers need training as well before they can use the Western tanks and that Russia is already on a little upswing in some areas so that even yesterday was a little too late to agree to tank deliveries. We complained about Switzerland not allowing us to send Swiss-made ammunition for Gepards to Ukraine but then he does this shit with the Leopards...

Come on Germany...Leopard's to top it all off.

Crazy amount of support coming.

But I heard Europe was on Putin's side!

the-pi-guy said:

But I heard Europe was on Putin's side!

Everyone in charge of Europe is part of a big conspiracy aside from Orban. Wake up sheeple.

Got to say that relative to their size, a lot of countries in Eastern/Northern Europe really are doing a remarkable job in support because they absolutely hate Russia and for good reason, but apparently we forced them into NATO, Lol. We should have listened to them long ago.

crissindahouse said:

I hope chancellor Scholz realizes that Ukrainian soldiers need training as well before they can use the Western tanks and that Russia is already on a little upswing in some areas so that even yesterday was a little too late to agree to tank deliveries. We complained about Switzerland not allowing us to send Swiss-made ammunition for Gepards to Ukraine but then he does this shit with the Leopards...

Wasn’t it reported that the vast majority of Germany’s Leopard tanks are essentially derelict and it would take about a year to get sufficient number into a condition suitable to be deployed in combat?

Even so, it does make me question why Germany kelt them in that condition. If there was a scenario where they required at short notice to fend off an invasion of German territory they would be as good as useless. And if the excuse if they were held back until such a time that ‘we had advance warning then we could get them into fighting order’, well shouldn’t that time be now?