By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Scholz is such a coward, I don't blame any Germans here, I mean no offense to anyone here, but Scholz is making Germany look so pathetic and weak on the world stage.

I really hope "won't stand in the way" and these "export licenses" don't take weeks/months of dragging their feet at least, hopefully other countries step up and send tanks but we'd be leaving Scholz behind...Germany is meant to be a leader of Europe, Scholz should start acting like one.

Please tell me who the countries who were "against" are? Cause we know America, Estonia, UK, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Denmark, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Slovakia, etc. aren't against tank deliveries and even France is considering sending MBTs so who is against? Hungary? Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 January 2023

Around the Network

Just do it. I'm so sick of this tank drama. Someone do something. Well...UK has but we don't have many Challenger 2's and it doesn't seem like it did anything to break a taboo for others...Though I'd fully support sending a lot more, it isn't like we need them right now, or buy the Challenger 1's from Jordan and send them to Ukraine, Idk man.

Please give Ukraine some more modern tanks, Goddamn.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 January 2023

Bit of a segway here, but reading all these updates of permissions required, run down equipment and how long this stuff takes to produce (even bullets), I hope we never invaded by aliens.

Looking on google, F-22 Raptor as an example, only 195 were produced in 15 years before they stopped making them. That is 13 a year. Crazy how slow.

F-35s apparently they are built at about 2-3 a week, You would think with the enhancements in manufacturing we have today they could scale up during a war (like the one we have now) to do 10 a week, but yet they plot along at their 2-3 a week rate.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

Bit of a segway here, but reading all these updates of permissions required, run down equipment and how long this stuff takes to produce (even bullets), I hope we never invaded by aliens.

Looking on google, F-22 Raptor as an example, only 195 were produced in 15 years before they stopped making them. That is 13 a year. Crazy how slow.

F-35s apparently they are built at about 2-3 a week, You would think with the enhancements in manufacturing we have today they could scale up during a war (like the one we have now) to do 10 a week, but yet they plot along at their 2-3 a week rate.

The F-22 was a massively overbuilt fighter and extremely expensive.  It didn't really have a clear purpose given how stupidly over the top its capabilities as an air dominance platform were.  That's why it faded out in favor of focusing on the F-35.  Which, while not as capable as the F-22 in air to air operations, it's still the second most capable such craft in the world by a comfortable margin.  

Also, atm, F-35 production really has no need to scale up.  The US is literally the only operator of a Gen 5 fighter force of this scale in the entire world.  The next closest is China with their J-20 but not only is their force far smaller, the J-20 is substantially less capable overall.

So it's not that we can't produce them faster, more that we don't have a pressing need to do so.  

Scholz.......it's also kinda "funny" how conspiracy theorists in Germany are always like "we are 100% under USA's control since WWII and no sovereign country" and Scholz says no Leos before USA sends Abrams as if you can't decide shit on your own...there are leaders and then there is Scholz.

I will also never understand the logic of sending Panzerhaubitze 2 to Ukraine which can destroy everything 50km away but Leos are a no go for him. I just don't get it

Last edited by crissindahouse - on 21 January 2023

"We are giving all of our 155mm howitzers to Ukraine and we want to set a precedent in this way so that other countries don’t have excuses why they can’t give Ukraine the weapons to win the war,” Estonian Ambassador to Ukraine Kaimo Kuusk said.

Estonia Donates All Of Its 155mm Howitzers and Other Weapons to Ukraine