By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Eighty percent of Ukraine-Israel bill will be spent in U.S. or by U.S. military - The Washington Post

Around the Network

Former UK Defense Secretary Ben Wallace accuses German Chancellor Scholz of weak leadership.

Scholz must decide whether he wants Ukraine to win the war or not, Wallace said.

"It’s easier than saying, ‘no, I won’t send them,’ but to say, ‘We are constantly monitoring the situation, and if Russia continues, we will consider this option."

Wallace noted that indecisiveness and hesitation on such issues only plays into Putin's hands, and Scholz does not seem to understand this.

"He's the wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time. He doesn't understand deterrence, he doesn't understand ambiguity."

NATO allies have not provided Ukraine with promised support in recent months - Stoltenberg

The NATO Secretary General said that Ukraine suffered setbacks on the battlefield against Russian forces precisely because of a lack of ammunition and weapons.

At the same time, he noted that Ukraine has every chance of winning, because now there will be more support and assistance on our way.

Tusk Rules Out Sending Patriots to Ukraine

Spain, Greece, Poland all refusing.

How fucking hard is it to just put a Patriot in Lviv? IT WOULD STILL COVER POLAND'S BORDER!!!

Ryuu96 said:

Western nations need to be investing rapidly into anti-drone technology, I believe that drone warfare is sadly the future, tanks are being taken out by a few thousand $ drones, an entire naval fleet is crippled by drones, etc. It's not like drones are the only important thing but as the technology advances they'll only become more and more deadlier.

Need to be shoving anti-drone technology on board every MBT, IFV, etc. 

Either that, or light AA guns (20-40mm) will become much more fashionable again. As such, vehicles like Germany's Gepard would be exactly what is needed to fight against those threats.

Ryuu96 said:

Tusk Rules Out Sending Patriots to Ukraine

Spain, Greece, Poland all refusing.

How fucking hard is it to just put a Patriot in Lviv? IT WOULD STILL COVER POLAND'S BORDER!!!

Poland actually doesn't employ Patriots themselves, the one they have technically belongs to the US army protecting one of their bases. So no wonder Poland won't send that one. They ordered a couple batteries for their air force, but those haven't arrived yet

Poland is also expanding their air defense capabilities with 2 different CAMM systems, plus their own home-made Poprad. With the latter now being in full service, they could send their old 9K33 Osa and 2K12 Kub air defense systems to Ukraine instead. While their performance is certainly lower than that of the Patriot and only short-to-medium range, they got over 100 of them, which would mean broader coverage.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 26 April 2024

Ryuu96 said:

Eighty percent of Ukraine-Israel bill will be spent in U.S. or by U.S. military - The Washington Post

Those russians fight the dirtiest wars ever.  They don't mind throwing away countless lives or equipment.  Here's to a victory in 2025!

Around the Network

F16 news!

- F16's from Belgium will be delivered to Ukraine before summer https://euromaidanpress.com/2024/04/19/belgian-pm-says-first-f-16s-to-be-delivered-to-ukraine-by-summer/

-Netherlands is sending three more F-16s to Romania for training the ukrainian pilots, they obviously want a large force as possible and as soon as possible, very generous of them

https://euromaidanpress.com/2024/04/17/netherlands-sends-3-more-f-16s-to-romania-for-ukrainian-pilot-training/

-Ukraine is also getting help training its maintenence and tech crew that will be taking care of the F-16's. This is great, because the F16 is difficult to maintain.

https://euromaidanpress.com/2024/04/03/air-force-ukrainian-f-16-pilots-hone-skills-technical-crew-preps-for-peer-training/

- "Canada commits $ 60 mn to support Ukraine’s future F-16 fleet
According to the Defense Ministry, Canadian funds will purchase spare parts, arming stations, avionics, and ammunition for Ukraine’s future F-16 fleet."

https://euromaidanpress.com/2024/02/14/canada-commits-60-mn-to-support-ukraines-future-f-16-fleet/

I can definitely see the Russians as wanting to reconsider the war if the summer offensive isn't met with a great success. Ukraine has had too much aid coming in. The artillery shells supplied and F-16s will be arriving soon. The Russians will really start the offensive very soon, and it's going to cost many lives. They have to capture a few major and several good sized cities for this war to be something that they might be able to win.

I can't really talk much about it let alone I don't actually know very many details but with that awkwardly stated caveat.

I know the owner of a ballistic and blast mitigation company that had about $2million worth of inventory that was part of the funding package. He thinks they have have found a way to stop drones attacks or at least greatly reduce the severity of the attack. The first $2 million is just for testing but if successful could be a big deal.

My Real Redneck friends