By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Strikers: Battle League Announced for Switch

I'm insanely excited for this, especially because I did not see this coming. Holy shit!

Around the Network
cycycychris said:

I am incredibly excited for this game as I loved the previous titles. I am also super interested to learn who the developer is for this title and I did not get the same Next Level Games feel from watching the trailer. I really hope this game ends up being good. I also hope this makes a come back, lol

According to Wikipedia, it is Next Level Games. 

Looks great, I do hope for some challenge mode.

It's been 15 years and it's finally back. I'm really excited for this one.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Now make a mario football game

I almost peed myself (from happiness) when I saw that. This is one of those gems from the past that you've given up on a long time ago.

Around the Network

I popped when i saw this announced! So excited! Been waiting a decade + for this

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

Kristof81 said:

I almost peed myself (from happiness) when I saw that. This is one of those gems from the past that you've given up on a long time ago.

same here man hahah

it's the forgotten dream of a lifetime that just got real! and at a perfect timing, this can actually be a huge hit on Switch

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

this made me so happy! Now that I actually have Nintendo human people friends i can play with them! :D

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

One of my favorite GameCube games all time was Strikers. Let's go!!!!!

cycycychris said:
anonymunchy said:

According to Wikipedia, it is Next Level Games. 

Looks great, I do hope for some challenge mode.

I think that is still speculation right now, I have not seen anywhere that Nintendo or Next Level has posted that. Only really seen 2 or 3 articles claim they are the developer without sourcing it. But looking at when Luigi's Mansion got released, I would have to say it would make sense that this would fit into there development timelines. So this very likely is Next Level.

https://www.givemesport.com/87971284-mario-strikers-battle-league-release-date-developer-football-pre-order-and-everything-you-need-to-know

This article claims that was made in-house by Nintendo. If so I'd ask myself what NLG has been doing.