By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Strikers: Battle League Announced for Switch

Hyped for this
Hope it's as fast and chaotic as the wii game

I had a love/hate relationship with that one level that had no barriers and random junk flying in and knocking you off the platform

Around the Network

I've been waiting for a new Mario strikers forever now!
Cannot wait and.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

cycycychris said:
Kakadu18 said:

https://www.givemesport.com/87971284-mario-strikers-battle-league-release-date-developer-football-pre-order-and-everything-you-need-to-know

This article claims that was made in-house by Nintendo. If so I'd ask myself what NLG has been doing.

I would not put much of any credibility to that no name website, making what appears to be click bait articles would know anything beyond what anyone else does. 

Of course, it was just the first result when googling. Idk

BasilZero said:

Really cool - never played the previous release - will get this one.

I had Mario Strikers Charged on Wii and loved it.  It was especially fun to get 3 friends together to play 4 person same screen co-op and make a run for the Strikers Cup.

SegaHeart said:

2 Generations later Mario Strikers comes back , I saw a reaction video from a fellow youtuber and he thought Mario Strikers on Switch is a new IP?

It's not like the previous two games were huge hits but Mario Strikers Charged was the best selling Mario Sports game back then. It took way to long to bring it back.

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:
Kakadu18 said:

It's not like the previous two games were huge hits but Mario Strikers Charged was the best selling Mario Sports game back then. It took way to long to bring it back.

Yeah , It took very long . at 1:58 mark I mean. Friend from youtube never heard of Mario Strikers before.

That's just sad. Directs give games way better visibility nowadays.

Hell yeah! This announcement was definitely a pleasant surprise for me, Figured that if anything Mario baseball would be coming well before another Strikers game. I believe I mentioned this in a couple articles I wrote involving "Wii games that need sequels/Switch renditions." Guess Nintendo listened to me haha :P.

Charged was one of my all time favorite Wii games. Was ahead of its time (at least by Nintendo standards haha) by actually having some solid online play. So many good times playing with my friends & cousin.

Seems like they're catering towards the Rocket League/Esports angle with the game so I'm anticipating some pretty good online support/features.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden