By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT7 state of play 2nd feb (30 min deep dive)

Tagged games:

It sucks the PS5 doesnt support 3dtv as my pstv with simulview would be perfect for this. It is awesome on gt5.

Around the Network
darthv72 said:

It sucks the PS5 doesnt support 3dtv as my pstv with simulview would be perfect for this. It is awesome on gt5.

Unfortunatelly 3D TV died long ago

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

I`m ready.

Was for this SoP.

Most definitely am for GT7's release. 

This looks too good; can't wait to get back into GT again. 

Btw, this is rain currently in GT Sport (bit washed out due to HDR conversion)

It's static (3 presets, this one being heavy rain) and lacking puddles, dry lines etc. But this is what PD has been building from. I already thought it looking great, now it also gets dynamic with actual effects on driving physics, gonna be awesome.

SvennoJ said:

It's static (3 presets, this one being heavy rain) and lacking puddles, dry lines etc. But this is what PD has been building from. I already thought it looking great, now it also gets dynamic with actual effects on driving physics, gonna be awesome.

How many weeks do you expect it will take you to Platinum it?

2? 3 weeks?

@Everyones else: This guy is an insanely good racing game pilot.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
SvennoJ said:

2? 3 weeks?

Hynad said:
SvennoJ said:

2? 3 weeks?

I know. I had the pleasure of asking Svennoj to join my DriveClub Club and it was insane how fast he racked up miles and unlocked everything. 

If they allow us to build clubs in this, I'm joining his :p

The SoP was great, it's really exciting to see the amount of passion they put in everything about the game, how they explained the systems and features with such care was amazing, sometimes it even felt like I was being given a small lecture to be able to properly understand what they were trying to pass on within the game xD

But... the replays definitely had some issues, almost all of the time they were shown, normal ones and the new music ones, all had several "quick freezes" which were likely big frame drops.

I'll be waiting for DF take on it, but it definitely breaks a lot of the fluidity, not good, at all.

BraLoD said:

The SoP was great, it's really exciting to see the amount of passion they put in everything about the game, how they explained the systems and features with such care was amazing, sometimes it even felt like I was being given a small lecture to be able to properly understand what they were trying to pass on within the game xD

But... the replays definitely had some issues, almost all of the time they were shown, normal ones and the new music ones, all had several "quick freezes" which were likely big frame drops.

I'll be waiting for DF take on it, but it definitely breaks a lot of the fluidity, not good, at all.

For what it's worth, the game hasn't gone gold; will most likely have a day 1 patch; and GTS was constantly updated as showings were done. 

I don't think there's any cause for concern just yet, but you never know I suppose.

That said, I loved the enthusiasm as well.  The cloud talk was the best lol. Loved it

BraLoD said:

I`m not really bothered with a decrease in framerate count or even framedrops for replay mode if used to make it look even better since well I`m not playing at that moment =p

But yes I saw several glitches here and there.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hynad said:

2? 3 weeks?

I got the platinum for GT Sport on Feb 1st, game released October 17th. It took a while due to the grinding needed to get to lvl 50. The other 2 hard ones, 65 pole position online and 91 victories online I completed on Januari 4th and 6th. Unlocked the ending movie on October 24th lol (all single player content done and gold as well). So a week for finishing the single player content GT Sport game with :) (Of course a lot more was added afterwards)

PD got the musical rally idea from me :p I've been setting replays to music for years. You tube objects most of the time though :(

Building up to a crescendo on the final straight from the 17 minute mark, hope music replay does that to.
And that's 13 replays mixed together, best bits interwoven into one race, GT8 ;)

My stats definitely show GT Sport is my most played game last gen

I've been video game track racing since 1988, first Grand Prix Circuit :)

The big decision, do I wait to get a physical copy or pre-download the digital version. I'll probably get both, one to play, one to keep. That 25th anniversary edition looks great.