By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT7 state of play 2nd feb (30 min deep dive)

Tagged games:

So is a 30 min gameplay of GT7 or a State of Play of 30 min that will dedicate some time to GT7 and the rest to other games as well??

Around the Network

Does the car go vruum vruum in this one?

twintail said:

I'm hoping they demo some VR footage. Will continue the hype for PSVR2 while we wait for the headset and release date reveals.

As the PSVR2 will probably launch like 9 months later, I don't really expect to have any VR footage ready for this and they might not even talk about VR capabilities at all. Still, just a small confirmation that all modes will work in VR later on would be very very welcome.

I`m ready.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The time of day and weather simulation far exceeded my expectations, yet there some glaring omissions for me:

- Nothing about VR, I guess it's saved for later when PSVR2 comes out. I assume no VR for the ps4 version.
- Nothing about a racing school. Driving school is there again as always but what GT Sport really lacked was teaching people the rules of racing, how to over take, what corner rights are, effects of dirty air and braking in slipstream, one move rule, when to leave room. As well as strategies how to catch up to the front, how to manage tire wear and fuel consumption in the race.
- Nothing about an overhauled rating and matchmaking system, not even mention of a penalty system. I did see the SR up arrow is back , but is it going to be another wreckfest what GT Sport turned into last year or are will GT7 have consequences for dirty driving.
- Nothing about grid sizes, is 24 still the limit? (which was only used in FIA races)
- Nothing about whether all my liveries from GT Sport will carry over.

Music rally seems like a try a few times then forget about it. At least for me, I turn the background music pretty much off while racing.

Looks great anyway, and quirky and a bit cheesy, just like Gran Turismo has always been. Most excited about the adaptive triggers, feel the ABS struggling, feel the rumble strips, feel the front tires losing grip, that's going to improve the experience a lot.

One question answered
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-7-will-allow-you-to-import-liveries-and-decals-from-gt-sport.403986/

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 02 February 2022

Around the Network

It sucks the PS5 doesnt support 3dtv as my pstv with simulview would be perfect for this. It is awesome on gt5.

darthv72 said:

It sucks the PS5 doesnt support 3dtv as my pstv with simulview would be perfect for this. It is awesome on gt5.

Unfortunatelly 3D TV died long ago

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Btw, this is rain currently in GT Sport (bit washed out due to HDR conversion)

It's static (3 presets, this one being heavy rain) and lacking puddles, dry lines etc. But this is what PD has been building from. I already thought it looking great, now it also gets dynamic with actual effects on driving physics, gonna be awesome.

SvennoJ said:

It's static (3 presets, this one being heavy rain) and lacking puddles, dry lines etc. But this is what PD has been building from. I already thought it looking great, now it also gets dynamic with actual effects on driving physics, gonna be awesome.

How many weeks do you expect it will take you to Platinum it?

2? 3 weeks?

@Everyones else: This guy is an insanely good racing game pilot.

Hynad said:
SvennoJ said:

2? 3 weeks?

Hynad said:
SvennoJ said:

2? 3 weeks?

I know. I had the pleasure of asking Svennoj to join my DriveClub Club and it was insane how fast he racked up miles and unlocked everything. 

If they allow us to build clubs in this, I'm joining his :p