By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All digital people, what was your final physical purchase?

If you're still buying physical games, this thread isn't for you!

For those of us who've gone all digital (console, PC, even Switch) and intend to stay that way, what was your final ever physical disc/cartridge?

Around the Network

I thought mine might have been Gears of War 3.

But upon review I discovered that I'd actually purchased Jillian Michaels' Fitness Adventure a couple of months later (think Tomb Raider, but you actually jump and dodge and weave in front of the TV rather than use the controller...  it was actually a pretty cool idea, but with some flawed implementation sadly). So that was my last physical purchase, and it came out in 2011.

Last edited by scrapking - on 23 January 2022

Could be Diablo III on PC. Really nice box.

I might buy Ring Fit at some point though.

The one that sticks out in my mind is GTAV on 360, though I've probably bought a couple legacy collections for the ol' PS3 since.

Recore for Xbox One

Around the Network

I'm not even certain, something on Switch from years ago. I'm sure I haven't bought physical since probably no later than 2018. Maybe Dragonball Xenoverse 2? Which I still haven't played because I find the idea of unboxing it and putting a cartridge in too inconvenient (LOL).

Breath of the Wild on Switch.

Before that, I made the switch to full digital in like 2015. 

Breath of the Wild for Switch and Red Dead Redemption 2 for Xbox One X.

I bought them both shortly after the respective console launches in 2017.

If Breath of the Wild 2 launches this holiday, it will be my first physical purchase in more than 5 years.

EDIT: Oh wait, that‘s wrong. I just remembered that the - still unopened and pretty big - box of Ring Fit Adventure is standing literally just 5 meters away from me, haha. According to the vendor E-Mail I bought it on 19-Nov-2019 for 71,94 €. I don‘t regret the purchase, someday I will play it.

Last edited by okr - on 23 January 2022

I've got almost everything digitally on my Switch (even Ring Fit Adventure), but maybe once or twice a year at most something on Amazon is so cheap that I can't but buy it. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition was the last physical game I bought myself in 2020. Got SMT V as a present for Christmas physically. Must say it's rather inconvenient.

Here's the thing. I wouldn't say I've gone digital, as I fully intend to buy a disced PS5 at some point. Prices alone are forcing that as PSN don't exactly compete with UK pricing wars.

This said, I haven't bought a disced game since maybe 2018 personally but I've been given disced games since, GoW was the last I think.

Hmm, pie.