By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game from Activision/Blizzard will you miss if they go full exclusive?

That list hurts, they were so much better in the early days!

All those old games will remain accessible on PC anyway, and their current console outings don't interest me at all. I have yet to finish the last Diablo, gave up twice after losing interest. Last CoD I finished was CoD 2 on 360...

Around the Network

You know what's funny? Prior to this I didn't give a shit about Activision or Blizzard, as both were on my shit-list of devs/publishers I won't buy from. Them and EA, with a handful of exceptions (I did get spyro Reignited and the Crash n-Sane trilogy, as well as stuff like It Takes Two and Unravel and even Jedi Fallen Order from EA). But now? Now I'm just pissed because of this. I won't miss anything of theirs, I don't personally care, but it still feels wrong.

and as usual, bringing it up on Twitter has morons going 'but sony does this toooooo!' not realizing there's a world of difference between Sony buying Bluepoint and Housemarque and Insomniac and Sucker Punch (All companies that heavily and almost exclusively worked with Sony prior) and Microsoft buying Zenimax and Activision-Blizzard, two companies that sell better on Ps4 and prior to this almost exclusively did multiplatform games. (Yeah, Morrowind was Xbox exclusive, but that was what, 2003? That's a whole different scenario.)

I just don't like the idea that a company can just throw money at their problems to BUY existing franchises instead of investing in developers and naturally growing their portfolio. It bugs me, becuase it means a company that's just in it for the money will have more influence on the market, and that's how we get shit like loot boxes and microtransactions and having to pay for online.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I wasted my life in the early 2000's on diablo 2. After the massive disapointmnet thats was diablo 3 I can honestly say I have zero interest on this list. I will keep an eye on diablo 4 but I'm not hopefully. Both blizzard and Activision are just empty husks of what they used to be.

Honestly say Bethesda was a more worthy purchase and cost them 9x less.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Unless I get a new computer not sure what I can use to play: use my Switch and before the full S@ht hit I had gotten Crash and OVerwatch (Pre-ordered Overwatch as I had said to myself I would get it on Switch to prove a point a few days before it really started with China n stuff). While something with Battlenet's been bugging my use of it, I can say I would miss Overwatch.

...Kind of been hoping some of these runaway Overwatch devs would work with Nintendo and maybe they could make Nintendo Overwatch. Splatoon's shown that there could be market for it.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Well, i only play diablo on PC. ( Damn, imho, it's a crime to play diablo on a Controller).
Same goes for overwatch, so...
Yeah, nothing for me.

Around the Network

CaptainExplosion said:

I wonder if the acquisition will give us a humorous cross over between Halo and Crash Bandicoot.

Manlytears said:

CaptainExplosion said:

I wonder if the acquisition will give us a humorous cross over between Halo and Crash Bandicoot.

he should be riding Spyro

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

None, to be honest I have never liked their games. Their not my type. Tried diablo, didn't like it, overwatch neither. Call of duty, not a fan. So not really worried for this acquisition. Either way I'm really considering in getting XBS because it's very cheap. I'm being really tempted to buy for the first time an Xbox.

Only played Blizzard games and those are still gonna be on PC so no loss for me.

I'd miss diablo the most.

This thread is quite telling of how mismanaged the IPs under Activision have become. It's all about cod. Most of us, myself included haven't cared for cod in a long time if ever.

Bethesda would seem to be a larger loss to the more gaming enthusiast forum goers.