By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game from Activision/Blizzard will you miss if they go full exclusive?

ironmanDX said:

I'd miss diablo the most.

This thread is quite telling of how mismanaged the IPs under Activision have become. It's all about cod. Most of us, myself included haven't cared for cod in a long time if ever.

Bethesda would seem to be a larger loss to the more gaming enthusiast forum goers.

Was blizzard under Activision when they craped all over diablo 3? I thought blizzard did that all on their own. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

Crash
Spyro
Diablo
Guitar Hero
Overwatch

The other like Warcraft and Candy Crush weren't on PS4 anyway

DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:

I'd say Spyro, but Spyro hasn't been good since Insomniac was working on them. How ironic. Don't care about Call of Duty or the FPS genre in general (Outside of the recent Doom games and TitanFall). Crash Bandicoot 3 and 4 were pretty good but not enough to miss. I don't care about Warcraft or StarCraft or Diablo - and if I did I'd get them on PC - and Overwatch is another online only FPS. No thanks.

It's not about ME that I'm upset at the Activision-Blizzard acquisition, it's the idea that a company can just...buy up such a company without actually earning shit. Make good games, Microsoft.

Yep, that is one red herring. Xbox haven't done the profits to buy mohjang, zenimax nor activision. That is basically like rich father buying the way for the sun. But it took them 4 generations to see the son had no talent and needed papa money to succeed.

You both heavily underestimate how much Xbox rake in via Xbox Live and GP subs over the years. MS wouldn't allow so much money to be spent if Xbox wasn't profiting.

The Halo franchise alone has generated over $5b to date.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 22 January 2022

If Sony brought Activision Blizzard instead of MS, i would miss all of the Blizzard games. I am a huge Blizzard fan and in their prime, Blizzard use to be the best in multiple genres. They conquered the RTS, FPS Arena, Card Game, MMO and Retro RPG genres. They couldn't do no wrong. I am also a huge ex Sierra fan, i loved their old titles and whatever they release/reboot id miss. Activision i am not so much of a fan of however Crash and Spyro are definitely great IPs i would want to continue playing. I was burnt out of COD since Advance Warfare so COD isn't a loss however for a business standpoint, i am the minority since COD carries a lot of the revenue in the gaming space.

Pretty sure Guitar Hero III is the last game I bought from Activision.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Yep, that is one red herring. Xbox haven't done the profits to buy mohjang, zenimax nor activision. That is basically like rich father buying the way for the sun. But it took them 4 generations to see the son had no talent and needed papa money to succeed.

You both heavily underestimate how much Xbox rake in via Xbox Live and GP subs over the years. MS wouldn't allow so much money to be spent if Xbox wasn't profiting.

The MS board has been keen to cut the Xbox division for years, since it was at one point not deemed profitable enough and they have never made money off of hardware sales. But it has slowly turned around and the Xbox division has more confidence and support now, especially with Live and various GaS titles raking in dough, as well as some good software figures.

On to the OP:s question though; there is nothing I would miss as Activision and Blizzard haven't really made what I deem worthwhile games for over a decade and have continually fallen deeper and deeper into a downward spiral. And even if there was something to be missed, I play mainly on PC, so anything big MS have their hands on will come to me as well (I even have an Xbox One S). I can't imagine having only a single gaming platform and sticking to that, to be honest.

Mummelmann said:
Azzanation said:

The MS board has been keen to cut the Xbox division for years, since it was at one point not deemed profitable enough and they have never made money off of hardware sales. But it has slowly turned around and the Xbox division has more confidence and support now, especially with Live and various GaS titles raking in dough, as well as some good software figures.

On to the OP:s question though; there is nothing I would miss as Activision and Blizzard haven't really made what I deem worthwhile games for over a decade and have continually fallen deeper and deeper into a downward spiral. And even if there was something to be missed, I play mainly on PC, so anything big MS have their hands on will come to me as well (I even have an Xbox One S). I can't imagine having only a single gaming platform and sticking to that, to be honest.

Only the Hardware side of the business because if you combine the OG and 360 Hardware losses, it's around $10b loss for the buiness. The Software and Subs made that all back and more. Why do you think they are trying to extend there Subscription model by adding GP? Keep in mind Sony lost $5b on PS3 hardware and there were also talks of Sony selling out when Sony were in such a bad spot.

Also what GaS titles are you referring to that Xbox relied on? I can only think of one with Sea of Thieves which released midway through the X1 life cycle.

eva01beserk said:
ironmanDX said:

I'd miss diablo the most.

This thread is quite telling of how mismanaged the IPs under Activision have become. It's all about cod. Most of us, myself included haven't cared for cod in a long time if ever.

Bethesda would seem to be a larger loss to the more gaming enthusiast forum goers.

Was blizzard under Activision when they craped all over diablo 3? I thought blizzard did that all on their own. 

Yup.

Thankfully from what I've seen of diablo 4, looks to be returning to a darker, more Gothic vibe. 

I'm low-key expecting a return to form for the series. I enjoyed diablo 3 but was quite a step down from diablo 2. 

Only Diablo 4, which I will play on PC anyway.

Diablo