By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - It's 2025, You are CEO of Microsoft Games...Go!

Emotional Reactions to this thread...

I shall let my creativity flow forth! 3 25.00%

I have 3 jobs, no thanks! 0 0%

I will report you because... 1 8.33%

You want me to put down my Switch? 1 8.33%

I have 10 RTX 3090's... hehehe 1 8.33%

Why isn't the game I LOVE THE MOST on here? 1 8.33%

Guys... 0 0%

what if Dulfite.... 1 8.33%

is secretly.... 1 8.33%

............Reggie....?! 3 25.00%

Total:12

The year is 2025. Every game each studio has been working on before Microsoft purchased them has been released. Papa Phil has been promoted to CEO of Microsoft and he has chosen YOU to become the new head of Microsoft Gaming Division. Below is a list of every studio you now control and another list of various intellectual properties you control. But you own so many more. So… many… more!

You get to choose which studio does which game with which intellectual property. And… go!

(let me know if I forgot any studios LOL or any worth-mentioning ips…)

Bethesda Game Studios - 

ZeniMax Online Studios - 

Id Software - 

Arkane Studios - 

Machine Games - 

Tango Gameworks - 

Alpha Dog Games - 

Roundhouse Studios - 

Blizzard -

Treyarch - 

Infinity Ward - 

High Moon Studios - 

Toys for Bob - 

Raven Software - 

Sledgehammer Games - 

Beenox - 

Radical Entertainment - 

Rare - 

343 Industries - 

The Coalition - 

Mojang - 

Playground Games - 

Undead Labs - 

Compulsion Games - 

Double Fine - 

Ninja Theory - 

Obsidian Entertainment - 

InXile Entertainment - 

Intellectual Properties:

The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Dishonored, The Evil Within, Ghostwire, Redfall, Starfield, Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Diablo, Hearthstone, Overwatch, StarCraft, Warcraft, Candy Crush,, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater, Guitar Hero, Skylanders, Spyro, GoldenEye 007, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Viva Pinata, Sea of Thieves, Battletoads, Everwild, Halo, Gears of War, Minecraft, Hellblade, Project Mara, Forza, Fable, State of Decay, Contrast, We Happy Few, The Outer Worlds, Grounded, Avowed, Wasteland, Psychonauts

To get us started, here’s my list:

Bethesda Game Studios - The Elder Scrolls 1-2 Remake

ZeniMax Online Studios - Tony Hawk Online (Open World Online Game)

Id Software - First Person horror action game facing the flood from Halo universe.

Arkane Studios - Dishonored/Prey-like game set in the Wasteland universe.

Machine Games - GoldenEye 008

Tango Gameworks - New IP to attract Japanese gamers.

Alpha Dog Games - Mobile Gears of War Game.

Roundhouse Studios - I really don’t know?

Blizzard - A gritty RTS game set in the world of Fallout with numerous factions and stories.

Treyarch - A new shooter ip with plenty of innovations.

Infinity Ward - Call of Duty (it would be stupid to not have SOMEONE making this at all times).

High Moon Studios - Call of Duty set in medieval time period with arrows/crossbows/swords/maces. catas and trebs instead of tanks. Boiling oil instead of nukes, etc.

Toys for Bob - Banjo Threeie (direct sequel to Banjo Tooie)

Raven Software - Brand new ip based on team’s desire and creativity. Take a chance!

Sledgehammer Games - Merge with Treyarch to speed up the main CoD’s production and improve quality. The rest of the developers get scattered to whichever team they’d like to be on.

Beenox - Support role with whichever studio is having a hard time.

Radical Entertainment - The Simpsons: Hit & Run sequel (if they have the rights?)

Rare - Brand new ip. Everwild looks promising, Sea of Thieves was amazing. Let’s keep the new-concept momentum going! Get creative, get artful, make something new!

343 Industries - Halo Infinite: Chief and Cortana get reunited somehow. Atriox goes to the past and prevents things from happening (for his own purpose) that ultimately prevents Cortana from going coo-coo for Coco puffs and we can finally have Chief and Cortana (the one in love with him) reunited.

The Coalition - Diablo: Tactics - You command an army of humans trying to fight various armies dozens of maps in this rich story set before Diablo 1.

Mojang - Minecraft 2. No more minor upgrades. Take advantage of DLSS being everywhere by 2025 and make this giant leap forward we’ve all been wanting from Minecraft.

Playground Games - Every other game can be Forza, but the other “other” game should be their answer to Mario Kart. Make Microsoft Kart, or wherever you want to call it, with crossovers from all MS’s ips.

Undead Labs - Survival Horror/Comedy game set in The Outer Worlds universe. You are part of a group on a mostly destroyed world. The corporation keeps sending employees to kill you all and take some valuable resource you have. You must defend, build up defenses all over the planet to shoot down ships and fight land invasions. Defend your world and discover the truth about the resource you have!

Compulsion Games - Contrast 2

Double Fine - Warcraft First person Action/Adventure game. Lots of humor.

Ninja Theory - New ip like god of war. Focus on cinematography, story, voice acting, visuals instead of gameplay innovations like gow 2018.

Obsidian Entertainment - A ship fighter/exploration game set in the Outer Worlds universe.

InXile Entertainment - Brand new ip, whatever the studio feels like doing. They’ve earned it!

Last edited by Dulfite - on 21 January 2022

Around the Network

When I read the title, I thought this was going to be guess which major game company MS buys in 2025.

As for the proper OP, I can't do all studios. But I would like some studios to focus on certain games for sure.

Blizzard- World of Warcraft 2, the key here is some sort of MMO innovation in a fantasy setting.

Rare- Banjo 3, A proper Banjo 3 would be amazing with the correct development.

Bethesda- Fallout 5, since ES6 took so long, it is already time for Fallout 5.

Farsala said:

When I read the title, I thought this was going to be guess which major game company MS buys in 2025.

As for the proper OP, I can't do all studios. But I would like some studios to focus on certain games for sure.

Blizzard- World of Warcraft 2, the key here is some sort of MMO innovation in a fantasy setting.

Rare- Banjo 3, A proper Banjo 3 would be amazing with the correct development.

Bethesda- Fallout 5, since ES6 took so long, it is already time for Fallout 5.

Got to pick a catchy thread title ;)

I too want Banjo 3, but I think Toys for Bob would do a better job at it than RARE at this point. Or Microsoft could buy Playtonic and fully fund them!

I am bumping before bed, but I hope to see fun ideas tomorrow!

just for fun.

Bethesda Game Studios - Elder Scroll

ZeniMax Online Studios - Elder scroll Online

Id Software - Halo and Doom (Halo Slipspace Engine is no more)

Arkane Studios - Horror Starcraft FPS game

Machine Games - Doom and Halo (Halo Slipspace Engine is no more)

Tango Gameworks - Mobile game based on Doom

Alpha Dog Games - Mobile game based on Elder Scroll

Roundhouse Studios - Mobile game based on Fallout.

Blizzard - classic War Craft, Diablo and starcraft games. Also, all mobile games from these 3.

Treyarch - CoD

Infinity Ward - CoD

High Moon Studios - CoD

Toys for Bob - new Skylanders and Mobile Skylanders. ( Banjo-Kazooie and conkers are on skylanders)

Raven Software - CoD

Sledgehammer Games - CoD

Beenox - CoD

Radical Entertainment - support studio

Rare - new Skylanders and Mobile Skylanders.( Banjo-Kazooie and conkers are on skylanders)

343 Industries - Halo and Halo mobile. (Halo Slipspace Engine is no more)

The Coalition - Overwatch

Mojang - Minecraft

Turn 10- Forza

Playground Games - Forza Horizon and Elder Scroll 3rd person action game.

Undead Labs - Support studio / small mobile games.

Compulsion Games - Support studio / small mobile games.

Double Fine - Original new IPs, a creative studio.

Ninja Theory - Diablo 3rd person action game.

Obsidian Entertainment - Fallout

InXile Entertainment - Fallout

The Initiative -  new IP? perhaps more Overwatch?

Last edited by Manlytears - on 21 January 2022

Around the Network

That is way too many studios for me to think about in a meaningful way.  For most of them, I think I'd ask the head developers of each studio to submit some ideas, and then we'd discuss which ones would be the best fit for both the studio and Gamepass.

The two things that I think need the most immediate attention would be WoW and CoD though.  For CoD, I think I'd have one team develop a really robust game engine, and then have other teams that would add new maps, weapons, etc... every few months.  Essentially, it would be like getting some DLC every few months, but there wouldn't be a whole new game every year.  I personally suspect that is what the CoD fanbase is looking for anyway is just new content to essentially the same old game.  Maybe release a new game like every 3 years, but each game has like 6-10 DLC packs worth of content included free with Gamepass, spaced out evenly during those 3 years.

As for WoW, it actually used to be a bigger money maker than CoD, but it isn't nearly that big anymore.  It is losing players fast.  I'd see if I could get back as many of the developers as possible that developed the original game.  Get them to fix what is wrong with WoW and get the fan base back.  The main problem with WoW is that the fans no longer have any faith in it.  However, with Microsoft buying them, that is a chance for them to win back the trust of the fans.  Each time there is new content, it needs to be tested so that it is fun and polished before it's released.

Bristow9091 said:

@Dulfite I'm giving you a warning via this post that if your poll options aren't updated to be more civil then this thread will be closed and you'll be receiving a moderation of some kind. Things such as "Salty Playstation fan here, BOOOOO!" as an option clearly aren't acceptable and you absolutely know this, kinda' obvious that you made the poll with ill intent. Get it changed otherwise I'll be taking action.

Um, what? It was made in jest. There are multiple silly options in that poll that show it isn't a serious poll. I doubt anyone here has 10 RTX's, and I also implied Switch owners are too self absorbed to put their Switch down to want to do this, and I even have representation for the person who is so arrogant they think their game should be on the list. It's a sarcastic poll, I won't be changing it.

Now, I'm giving you a warning about taking things too seriously, about coming into a silly thread meant for the laughs and creativity, and coming out guns blazing against me as if you were already upset about something in your life. If you don't take down your warning, I'll be taking action by posting less/no threads that earn the site clicks.

You have one day.

I put all available studios on COD. I lobby Papa Phil to change the name of the company to CODSoft. Other products become Call of the Office, Callzure, CODing, Callype, and the like.

VAMatt said:

I put all available studios on COD. I lobby Papa Phil to change the name of the company to CODSoft. Other products become Call of the Office, Callzure, CODing, Callype, and the like.

So we would all be perpetually doomed from Microsoft without even getting Doom?

Dulfite said:
Bristow9091 said:

@Dulfite I'm giving you a warning via this post that if your poll options aren't updated to be more civil then this thread will be closed and you'll be receiving a moderation of some kind. Things such as "Salty Playstation fan here, BOOOOO!" as an option clearly aren't acceptable and you absolutely know this, kinda' obvious that you made the poll with ill intent. Get it changed otherwise I'll be taking action.

Um, what? It was made in jest. There are multiple silly options in that poll that show it isn't a serious poll. I doubt anyone here has 10 RTX's, and I also implied Switch owners are too self absorbed to put their Switch down to want to do this, and I even have representation for the person who is so arrogant they think their game should be on the list. It's a sarcastic poll, I won't be changing it.

Now, I'm giving you a warning about taking things too seriously, about coming into a silly thread meant for the laughs and creativity, and coming out guns blazing against me as if you were already upset about something in your life. If you don't take down your warning, I'll be taking action by posting less/no threads that earn the site clicks.

You have one day.

+1  This couldn't be a more obvious joke. If people are reporting it, they need to......I dunno, chill or something.