Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Console of All time

IMO so far:

Technically: PS3 by far.
Most diverse games library: PS2
Best games for all ages: Snes
Best new 'casual' innovation: Wii-mote

Best 'casual' gamer handheld: DS
Most powerful and best multi-featured console handheld: PSP

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

i like N64 for now but possibly Wii in the future

SNES without a doubt. I mean Earthbound. EARTHBOUND!

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Instant_Karma said:
@fkusumot Yeah, seeing how the only PS3s on the market right now are without B/C. Though, I wouldn't worry about that too much as Eric Lempell has said that it's possible to have complete software emulation for all models (including the 40GB) which could be easily fixed through a firmware update. If the rumors for PS2 Classics to be offered via PSN are true, then it will come to the 40GB model via firmware update.

What is your point? I said that it's ridiculous to include a console because of the emulation that it's capable of. Did you understand that's what I was saying? That's why I mentioned the PSP and the PC. 

N64.

Quality over quantity.

Around the Network

SNES+Genesis (inseparable)

Why? I haven't had as much fun as I had in those days :)

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

Best console of all time for me goes to Xbox1 for all of its features & potential due to hacking & modchips. XBMC has completly changed my life!

Besides a hacked Xbox1, Best console of all time is PS3 by far in my opinion...Just as the TC stated... And its only getting better and better

3rd goes to Sega Master System, most likely because i was just a kid, give me any console when im 10 and its the best console of all time!

anyone who doesn't say snes never experienced it.

@fkusumot The purpose for our tangent from the original post was more along the lines of basing an opinion on what could make a console great is more than just its own generational library but also its versatility. I read your posts and fully understood your position and was reinforcing mine why a system's capabilities, even if it is mere emulation, just add to the console. While in its current state, I wouldn't herald the PS3 as the greatest system of all time, since twice already I gave that award to SNES, but it's a rather young system and its potential for both library and innovation won't disqualify it from becoming the best. I apologize for straying from the original topic, but hope our interactions at least brought more depth to the topic at hand.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

i would say one of nintendo console(snes, n64 or gamecube) or sega dreamcast, because those consoles still have the best games. if we're talking about handhelds i would say gameboy color or advance for now and probably ds in the future. in this generation definitely wii because quality of many 1st party and 3rd party exclusive games.