By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Console of All time

I wonder what your best console is of all time?

My answer is the PS3. It has the best games, Blu-ray, 99% reliable hardware, excellent online, great exclusive games to be released in next 24 months.

Around the Network

Oh I can't wait to see how this one turns out.

edit 

In the interest of the actual thread though (before this turns flamy), I'd have to say SNES or N64.

No offense OP but I think labeling the PS3 the best console is a joke...

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

I dont think the PS3 is there yet but it will be by the end of this generation. For now Igo with PS2

Play B3yond

I'd have to say my GBA Micro. That thing has an awesome screen (albeit small) and great battery life. It only does one thing but does it superbly. Plus it feels great to hold for extended periods of time whereas the DS cramps my hands (so does the PSP). For non portable console PS3 but only because of all the features and quality of the engineering.

This certainly won't devolve into a fanboy flame thread. Based on my game collection I would have to say the DS is my favorite. For a home system it would appear that it has to be the Wii. Despite having it for far less time than my other consoles, I already have more games for it than anything besides the DS.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

due to high quality in engineering I would say PS3 since it's the best console that sony has ever created

as for the games I am sure it will get there

I'd have to go with the N64, since what defines a console are the games.

I was in heaven with titles such as Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart, Star Fox, Smash Bros., Conker's Bad Fur Day, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, and the list goes on and on.

Good times on that console. Good times indeed.

I'm also surprised to find that Wii is closing in on that title. The amount of fun I've had playing this console is sheer madness, and the fact that this is the first console since Genesis that my family has been having fun with is testament to how fun Wii can be. Good stuff.

PS2 followed closely by the N64.

PS1, the console that got me hooked on games.
Next would be the PS3.
It's a great music player, Blu-ray player, divx player, photo viewer and game console. Each feature I use regularly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

SNES

OP: Saying the PS3 is the best console ever must mean it's your first, right?
Otherwise I really wonder what games you've been playing that trounce systems like PS2/PS1/SNES/NES.

But your comment: "great exclusive games to be released in next 24 months" probably says it all.
There are a lot of strange fanboys on this site, but you must be one of the very few that prefers being a fanboy over playing great games.