By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Console of All time

For me its the PS2, so many great gaming memorys. Such a rich libary.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

PS3 huh? Interesting choice for sure.

For me it's definitely the SNES. It might not have any exclusive games coming out in the next two years, but the selection it has now contains a ton of my favorite games of all time.

Just out of curiosity, am I the only one who had their SNES turn green on them?

CIHYFS?

BCrayfish said:

For me it's definitely the SNES. It might not have any exclusive games coming out in the next two years, but the selection it has now contains a ton of my favorite games of all time.

They only turn green if you drop bread crumbs on it and let it grow mold :3 lol just kidding, but yeah, that thing went through a lot of wear and tear eh?

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

bobobologna said:
BengaBenga said:
SNES

OP: Saying the PS3 is the best console ever must mean it's your first, right?
Otherwise I really wonder what games you've been playing that trounce systems like PS2/PS1/SNES/NES.

But your comment: "great exclusive games to be released in next 24 months" probably says it all.
There are a lot of strange fanboys on this site, but you must be one of the very few that prefers being a fanboy over playing great games.

Considering that my 60 GB PS3 can play almost every PS2/PS1 game, and with a linux install, every SNES/NES game, I am inclined to say that yes, the PS3 is in fact, the best console ever.

Game library wise, it's a different story. Console-wise, the PS3 is hard to beat.

That's has to be one of the most ridiculous reasons I've ever seen given for why a console is "the best". If you want to go in that direction then the answer for right now would be the PSP or a PC. 

PS3 LOL that is just crazy. Its the SNES without a doubt!

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network
Tokoro said:
BCrayfish said:

They only turn green if you drop bread crumbs on it and let it grow mold :3 lol just kidding, but yeah, that thing went through a lot of wear and tear eh?

Yeah, it was those 2 foot long controller cords. If you moved too much the SNES would go careening off whatever it was on and come crashing to the ground.

CIHYFS?

@fkusumot Not necessarily. The PS3 is still young and has great titles, but you've also got to take into account that it plays PS2 and PSone games on top of Linux-based emulators for practically any game system released. With that in mind, it's great for being not only a powerful system, but versatile. However, when it does come to a system just based on its own personal generation library, hands-down, it's the SNES.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

Instant_Karma said:
@fkusumot Not necessarily. The PS3 is still young and has great titles, but you've also got to take into account that it plays PS2 and PSone games on top of Linux-based emulators for practically any game system released. With that in mind, it's great for being not only a powerful system, but versatile. However, when it does come to a system just based on its own personal generation library, hands-down, it's the SNES.

What's not necessarily? It's certainly not necessarily so that if you have a PS3 you have a machine that plays PS2 games. With that in mind you would have to check out which model you're referring to.

@fkusumot Yeah, seeing how the only PS3s on the market right now are without B/C. Though, I wouldn't worry about that too much as Eric Lempell has said that it's possible to have complete software emulation for all models (including the 40GB) which could be easily fixed through a firmware update. If the rumors for PS2 Classics to be offered via PSN are true, then it will come to the 40GB model via firmware update.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

As a 3 system owner only, I'll go with

N64> Wii > GC

For handhelds:

GBC>GBA=DS

For systems I have played a lot at friend's houses, but haven't owned

SNES > PS2 > Xbox

For everything combined

N64 = GBC > Wii > GBA = DS = SNES = GC > PS2 > XBOX

Pretty Nintendo heavily topped, I know. I simply prefer the 1st party games, that's why. Of course, I might be a bit harsh on Ps2/XBOx/SNES as I haven't played them nearly as much as the others.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS