By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Take Two is acquiring Zynga in deal worth $12.7 billion

Take-Two to acquire all the outstanding shares of Zynga for a total value of $9.861 per share – $3.50 in cash and $6.361 in shares of Take-Two common stock, implying an enterprise value of $12.7 billion Transaction represents a 64% premium to Zynga's closing share price on January 7, 2022 Establishes Take-Two as one of the largest publishers of mobile games, the fastest-growing segment of the interactive entertainment industry

Around the Network

Saw this somewhere else too, It makes it more expensive than Bethesda and Minecraft combined. Also , offtopic, Roblox being worth 41 billion in 2021 I wonder how much Microsoft made their money back from Minecraft?

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Holy cow, that's alot of money!

SegaHeart said:

Saw this somewhere else too, It makes it more expensive than Bethesda and Minecraft combined. Also , offtopic, Roblox being worth 41 billion in 2021 I wonder how much Microsoft made their money back from Minecraft?

Microsoft does not monetize Minecraft nearly as aggressively as Roblox is monetized. It’s actually to their credit that to this day the only thing they charge for is the box price of the games. 

Roblox is extremely exploitative 

Daaaaaaaaaamn! Who would've thought a mobile and social network developer would be worth so much lol

Around the Network

I wonder how Taketwo can pay 12 billion when in 2021 Taketwo has 3 billion cash on hand, I wonder where the 9 billion comes from?

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Ouch, my Take-Two shares fell 20% :(

Hopefully it was a good business decision in the long run.

gtotheunit91 said:

Daaaaaaaaaamn! Who would've thought a mobile and social network developer would be worth so much lol

There's big money to be made in mobile gaming. Last year Zynga was on track to making close to $3 billion revenue.

Here's one report showing comparing different platforms revenues https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/the-next-generation-of-high-fidelity-mobile-games-is-coming-and-pc-console-publishers-are-on-board/?utm_campaign=Mobile%20Market%20Report&utm_content=170678566&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&hss_channel=tw-802413265

Also with NFT's garnering large interest from corporations, I guess Take Two wanted a slice of that pie.

12.7B is an insane amount though.

I'm surprised Zynga is even worth that amount of money.

SegaHeart said:

I wonder how Taketwo can pay 12 billion when in 2021 Taketwo has 3 billion cash on hand, I wonder where the 9 billion comes from?

They are giving Zynga stockholders $3.50 in cash per Zynga share and giving them $6.36 per share worth of their own Take-Two stock.