By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Take Two is acquiring Zynga in deal worth $12.7 billion

Holy cow, that's alot of money!

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:

Saw this somewhere else too, It makes it more expensive than Bethesda and Minecraft combined. Also , offtopic, Roblox being worth 41 billion in 2021 I wonder how much Microsoft made their money back from Minecraft?

Microsoft does not monetize Minecraft nearly as aggressively as Roblox is monetized. It’s actually to their credit that to this day the only thing they charge for is the box price of the games. 

Roblox is extremely exploitative 

Daaaaaaaaaamn! Who would've thought a mobile and social network developer would be worth so much lol

Ouch, my Take-Two shares fell 20% :(

Hopefully it was a good business decision in the long run.

gtotheunit91 said:

Daaaaaaaaaamn! Who would've thought a mobile and social network developer would be worth so much lol

There's big money to be made in mobile gaming. Last year Zynga was on track to making close to $3 billion revenue.

Here's one report showing comparing different platforms revenues https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/the-next-generation-of-high-fidelity-mobile-games-is-coming-and-pc-console-publishers-are-on-board/?utm_campaign=Mobile%20Market%20Report&utm_content=170678566&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&hss_channel=tw-802413265

Also with NFT's garnering large interest from corporations, I guess Take Two wanted a slice of that pie.

12.7B is an insane amount though.

Around the Network

I'm surprised Zynga is even worth that amount of money.

You would think if you would spend 12 billion dollar in a video game company, you could buy a bit more/buy something better.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Since nowadays I apparently have to voice my opinion about every acquisition regardless of whether I have a strong opinion about it or not much of an opinion to be able to criticize acquisitions, I'll just add that this is the kind of an acquisition that I don't think hurts too much. It's not very promising in terms of what kinds of developments the future might hold for Take Two's games, but this also isn't a very exclusive move.

Massive purchase from Take Two. Zynga is one of the largest mobile publishers out there. Also can't forget they were looking to pick up Codemasters right before EA swooped in.

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 10 January 2022

Better they than Sony, and well perhaps that will prevent T2 from buying devs I care about.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."