By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A New South Park VIdeo Game is Currently in development at Question Games (ex Bioshock Devs)

Tagged games:

"Question, the developer behind experimental game-making satire The Magic Circle, is next working on a South Park project.

The California and Virginia-based studio, which most recently released 2019 co-op horror The Blackout Club, revealed its South Park project via a new job listing.

Question's job ad notes that the studio now includes team members who previously worked on Obsidian's celebrated South Park: The Stick of Truth and Ubisoft's own follow-up Fractured But Hole. It also asks for applicants to have multiplayer development experience."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-01-07-the-magic-circle-studio-working-on-south-park-game

I absolutely loved the Stick of Truth and the Fracture But Whole. I can't wait to see what they are doing with this game. I hope that they are not going to go away from the turn based combat they had set up in the previous titles. I also hope that multiplayer does not mean a game as service type of experience, hopefully they are just adding in a co-op experience. Also, no Ubisoft on this title.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network

It'll be interesting to see where they go with this. The two previous games were excellent. Like the OP, I'm hoping multiplayer isn't a major factor in playing the game.

Was honestly tired of the turn based system, i prefer they would do what they want, I always liked the cancelled open world south park game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifgnTz1oN5I Gives a simpson no hit run vibe.

Hopefully it turns out well since they have former members of the Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole dev teams on their new team.

I find it super odd how Ubisoft seemingly abandoned their South Park series, considering Fractured But Whole seemed to sell pretty well. There was only a 3 year gap between Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole, but more than 4 years have passed since Fractured But Whole now and they haven't even announced a 3rd South Park RPG yet, let alone released one. I get the feeling they cancelled the series, which really sucks. Ubisoft's Summer/E3 2022 showcase is probably the last chance for a 3rd one to be announced, if it doesn't happen there it's safe to say they cancelled the series. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 08 January 2022

From Bioshock to Southpark.

What a change.

Hopefully it turns out good.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:

Was honestly tired of the turn based system, i prefer they would do what they want, I always liked the cancelled open world south park game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifgnTz1oN5I Gives a simpson no hit run vibe.

I could see how a simpson hit and run title could be fun with south park. Though It'd be weird for the kids to drive cars. Guess they could do something like they go around in toys. They would of course need to use the south park art style and not a 3d one.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

As someone who loved the previous South Park games this makes me happy. Hopefully this will be another RPG-esque game and with the usual shenanigans of the series.

For such a long time series I'm glad the games and episiodes are still coming. The latest long episode/s were hilarious.

BasilZero said:

From Bioshock to Southpark.

What a change.

Hopefully it turns out good.

Look, I love BioShock, but going from it to South Park is like going from an amateur English club to Manchester City. Well, at least I see it that way. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

Look, I love BioShock, but going from it to South Park is like going from an amateur English club to Manchester City. Well, at least I see it that way. 

I...cant really relate to that comparison but okay lol.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Hopefully it's pretty similar to the previous two, or even a well-implemented open-world adventure. It would be cool if they went anime this time like "Good Times With Weapons". They've already done fantasy epic/adventure and superheroes.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 144 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima