By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VR2 | OT | PC support 2024

Tagged games:

It's kind of amazing how much quality content there is for PSVR2 at launch and in months to come.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

Rez Infinite and Tetris Effect did have that option from my game library. Inconsistent, but all set!

Now  just got to go pick up the headset, store opens in 7 minutes :)

I also upgraded Rez Infinite... almost bought the wrong upgrade (digital deluxe dlc bundle) instead of the PSVR2-upgrade.

twintail said:

It's kind of amazing how much quality content there is for PSVR2 at launch and in months to come.

If sales do not pick up on the unit it might decline big time.

Any impressions?

Waiting for mine but I have a question.
I understand the "VR1" games require updates to use the news features of the VR2.
Can you actually even use VR1 games on the VR2?

Like I just found my VR Skyrim. And I thought what are the odds MS is going to put in time/effort/money into implementing features for a game that can only run on their rivals platform.

So even without the upgrades can any of them work?

Last edited by Bandorr - on 22 February 2023

You are bound to love Earthbound.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:

I understand the "VR1" games require updates to use the news features of the VR2.
Can you actually even use VR1 games on the VR1?

Like I just found my VR Skyrim. And I thought what are the odds MS is going to put in time/effort/money into implementing features for a game that can only run on their rivals platform.

I'm assuming this is a typo?

You can't play PSVR1 games on PSVR2. 

the-pi-guy said:
Bandorr said:

Can you actually even use VR1 games on the VR1?

I'm assuming this is a typo?

You can't play PSVR1 games on PSVR2. 

Indeed a typo. And that's disappointing. They had some good demo's.  Hope the PSVR2 comes with some. I think the PSvr came with a disc with some?

You are bound to love Earthbound.

You need a PSVR2 version.

For some PSVR1 games (or PS5 games without a VR version) the upgrade is free (GT7, Resident Evil Village, No Man's Sky).

For some PSVR1 games you pay a small fee for the PSVR2 upgrade (Thumper, Rez Infinite, Tetris)

For some PSVR2 versions you have to pay full price, even if you already bought the PSVR1 version (Moss 1 + 2)

And the majority of PSVR1 games don't get a PSVR2 version (so far we know). But I hope that changes, if the PSVR2 is a success. Would be a shame if games like Astrobot: Rescue Mission, Farpoint, Blood & Truth and Resident Evil 7 are stuck on the low-res headset with often bad controls.

Last edited by Conina - on 22 February 2023

Bandorr said:

Indeed a typo. And that's disappointing. They had some good demo's.  Hope the PSVR2 comes with some. I think the PSvr came with a disc with some?

There are some downloadable ones.

Horizon, Resident Evil and a few others.

Bandorr said:

They had some good demo's.  Hope the PSVR2 comes with some. I think the PSvr came with a disc with some?

So far there are five demos in the PS Store: