By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VR2 | OT | PC support 2024

Tagged games:

Bandorr said:

I can't figure out how to move the "cinematic screen" when playing 2D games. That was something I enjoyed with the VR 1.
Easier to see the screen up close some times, and it lets you use the VR but others use the TV.

Mine is slanted down some so I think over time my neck would hurt. But when I move my head around I see the controller picture and I believe the "option" button is highlighted. But pressing it does nothing.

Do I have to press it on a VR controller instead?

You have to hold it for a second or two to reset the position. You can change the scale (size) of the screen in settings.

Around the Network
JuliusHackebeil said:

Thank you for all the helpful responses. I get it better now :)
Super hyped for GT7. Last racing game I played was probably GT5 on the ps3. This in vr is going to be crazy!

Driveclub VR was a nice experience, GTS on VR is lukewarm to bad... but GT7 on PSVR2 is receiving great reviews.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Racing in Kayak VR is great as well, navigating through the ice canyons while chasing ghosts of other people is great fun. A lot more taxing than holding the throttle in GT7! Funny how it triggers the feeling you're still on a boat after taking the headset off. Same as getting back on land after sailing. I swear I feel my couch move while kayaking through the waves.

GT7 in VR is so much better than GTS. The scale was off for me in GTS like driving on 3/4 scale tracks in small cars. GT7 gets it right and you'll be amazed at the elevation changes in the tracks you hardly noticed before.

Conina said:

You need a PSVR2 version.

For some PSVR1 games (or PS5 games without a VR version) the upgrade is free (GT7, Resident Evil Village, No Man's Sky).

For some PSVR1 games you pay a small fee for the PSVR2 upgrade (Thumper, Rez Infinite, Tetris)

For some PSVR2 versions you have to pay full price, even if you already bought the PSVR1 version (Moss 1 + 2)

And the majority of PSVR1 games don't get a PSVR2 version (so far we know). But I hope that changes, if the PSVR2 is a success. Would be a shame if games like Astrobot: Rescue Mission, Farpoint, Blood & Truth and Resident Evil 7 are stuck on the low-res headset with often bad controls.

If Sony doesn't give patch their first party games to work on psvr2 that would be a big let down.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

SvennoJ said:
Bandorr said:

I can't figure out how to move the "cinematic screen" when playing 2D games. That was something I enjoyed with the VR 1.
Easier to see the screen up close some times, and it lets you use the VR but others use the TV.

Mine is slanted down some so I think over time my neck would hurt. But when I move my head around I see the controller picture and I believe the "option" button is highlighted. But pressing it does nothing.

Do I have to press it on a VR controller instead?

You have to hold it for a second or two to reset the position. You can change the scale (size) of the screen in settings.

Yep HOLD was the key. Odd it didn't tell me at one point but during another situation it did help me.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
SvennoJ said:

Yep HOLD was the key. Odd it didn't tell me at one point but during another situation it did help me.

Considering that was similar to how PSVR1 reseted I would have tried it.

motion sickness was a big issue for me with psvr1. Couldnt play games for more than 15 minutes. I wonder if the issue is resolved with psvr2.

SvennoJ said:

Racing in Kayak VR is great as well, navigating through the ice canyons while chasing ghosts of other people is great fun. A lot more taxing than holding the throttle in GT7! Funny how it triggers the feeling you're still on a boat after taking the headset off. Same as getting back on land after sailing. I swear I feel my couch move while kayaking through the waves.

GT7 in VR is so much better than GTS. The scale was off for me in GTS like driving on 3/4 scale tracks in small cars. GT7 gets it right and you'll be amazed at the elevation changes in the tracks you hardly noticed before.

BTW how does it sit with your glasses compared to PSVR1?

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
SvennoJ said:

BTW how does it sit with your glasses compared to PSVR1?

Better, more room for my glasses. The face shield edges touch my head now, not stopped by my glasses as with PSVR1. Also helps with the light bleed. (Very little in PSVR2, but some can still some in from behind my ears when the sun is out full)

Angelv577 said:

motion sickness was a big issue for me with psvr1. Couldnt play games for more than 15 minutes. I wonder if the issue is resolved with psvr2.

Considering the fov is about the same, as well as the refresh rate (60fps game reprojected to 120hz) I'm afraid it won't make much of a difference for motion sickness. The higher resolution might even make it worse :/

Start with stationary games, Tetris effect is the safest. My wife got back motion sickness from Call of the Mountain with all comfort settings on. Unfortunately the only way to overcome the motion sickness part is to slowly train your mind to 'deal with it', or rather build up experience so your mind knows what to expect when doing certain things. The only times I feel that nausea lingering is when I accidentally push the analog stick while reaching for something. Unexpected movement is the problem.

However if you can't get used to (physically) walking around in VR, room scale style, it might not be for you :/