By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VR2 | OT | PC support 2024

Tagged games:

^ The DF review did mention that the headset is comfortable with glasses. I'll try it with glasses, contacts, and 'naked' and see what works best for me.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:

^ The DF review did mention that the headset is comfortable with glasses. I'll try it with glasses, contacts, and 'naked' and see what works best for me.

Beat Saber definitely worked best 'naked' with the original PSVR ;)

Another review from Eurogamer's Ian Higton
https://www.eurogamer.net/psvr2-review-a-vr-enthusiasts-dream

All sounds amazing!

SvennoJ said:
TallSilhouette said:

Beat Saber definitely worked best 'naked' with the original PSVR ;)

Another review from Eurogamer's Ian Higton
https://www.eurogamer.net/psvr2-review-a-vr-enthusiasts-dream

All sounds amazing!

It's Beat Saber not Meat Saber, masturbatory gaming is something I would expect from Capt Yuri, so I'm shocked since unlike Yuri, and from his posts, the only time I can think of when something like this may happen it would involve SvennoJ becoming over excited about some new audio/visual stuff.

EDIT: Upon reflection if my hypothesis of the effect of AV excitement on SvennoJ's libido is correct, I should not have been surprised.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 19 February 2023

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Wanderer now confirmed to be heading to PSVR2.

mjk45 said:

It's Beat Saber not Meat Saber, masturbatory gaming is something I would expect from Capt Yuri, so I'm shocked since unlike Yuri, and from his posts, the only time I can think of when something like this may happen it would involve SvennoJ becoming over excited about some new audio/visual stuff.

EDIT: Upon reflection if my hypothesis of the effect of AV excitement on SvennoJ's libido is correct, I should not have been surprised.

It was to enhance my staying power while wildly flailing my sabers around, more surface area to disperse heat!

Oh god you had to mention it, new electronics smell next week!!! They should bottle that scent, are there massage oils with new electronic smell??? Oh wait wrong thread, I should be in the post while your high thread right now :p

Around the Network
twintail said:
TallSilhouette said:

The Digital Foundry review gets me very excited to receive my unit soon. Hopefully modders can get it working on PC, lots of people start using said mods, and Sony gets pressured into officially supporting PC VR.

Hasn't the original PSVR still not been 100% successfully modded for PC use?

But yeah... I think Sony will actually make it PC compatible eventually. I honestly don't think there's even enough units to go around anyways.

Sony would not be able to sell at that same price on the PC.  It would be a total loss.  I doubt we see this on the PC unless modders are able to make it work.  If Sony does come to the PC, that unit will probably be around the same cost as all the other high end cost VR headsets and the advantages there is not that great.

Machiavellian said:
twintail said:

Hasn't the original PSVR still not been 100% successfully modded for PC use?

But yeah... I think Sony will actually make it PC compatible eventually. I honestly don't think there's even enough units to go around anyways.

Sony would not be able to sell at that same price on the PC.  It would be a total loss.  I doubt we see this on the PC unless modders are able to make it work.  If Sony does come to the PC, that unit will probably be around the same cost as all the other high end cost VR headsets and the advantages there is not that great.

What PCVR are we talking about for $549?

Last edited by twintail - on 20 February 2023

twintail said:
Machiavellian said:

Machi is suggesting that it will have to cost more than $549 to come to PC, since Sony doesn't make money off PC software.

twintail said:
Machiavellian said:

Machiavellian probably means Sony will have to price it a lot higher for PC to sell the headset at a profit instead of banking on software sales to pay for the development and likely slight loss (at launch) on selling the headset. Selling it at launch on PC for $550 would be throwing money away on Sony's part.

Now there is a lot of wiggle room, a HTC Vive pro 2 kit still costs more than double that. Even used kits are listed for $1000+ on Ebay. So it would likely do fine at a $800 price point on PC and still give good value. But then of course you also expect more than just a driver for PC. Full support with help desk etc.

I imagine Sony wants to have a bigger presence on PC first and work on porting VR games to PC before bringing the headset there. Separate headsets for PC and PS5 (to price them differently) will be a headache. What if I bought it for PS5 and now want to play HL: Alyx but it's only available for the more expensive PC version of PSVR2... Plus on PC, why can't I use my Oculus touch controllers with the headset etc.

Hence let modders sort it out first.

the-pi-guy said:
twintail said:

Machi is suggesting that it will have to cost more than $549 to come to PC, since Sony doesn't make money off PC software.

SvennoJ said:
twintail said:

Machiavellian probably means Sony will have to price it a lot higher for PC to sell the headset at a profit instead of banking on software sales to pay for the development and likely slight loss (at launch) on selling the headset. Selling it at launch on PC for $550 would be throwing money away on Sony's part.

Thanks for the replies!

I get it now.