By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VR2 | OT | PC support 2024

Tagged games:

Conina said:

Which PSVR2 games are you most interested in?

So far I want

• Horizon: Call of the Mountain
  • Resident Evil Village
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • The Dark Pictures: Switchback
  • Star Wars: Tales From the Galaxy's Edge
  • Moss 2
  • Low-Fi
  • Firmament (backed it at Kickstarter, maybe I can choose between PCVR and PSVR2)
  • Tin Hearts

Oh, an I can fully recommend "Pistol Whip", but I already have that for PC VR.

Looking promising:

• Aliens
  • Behemoth
  • Engram
  • Project Lousianna
  • The Guy VR

Moss 1 / Moss 2.  Call of the mountain.

Then anything else I see clips of. But it also competing with a ton of VR games.  So maybe it depends on if you can play non-VR games with it in any way worth it.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

Around the Network

I would not get to happy with GT7 for PSVR2 just yet. If sport is any indication it probably going to be a scaled down version like it was on the PS4 or even something like Horizon.

I'm most (and so far only) interested in:

1. GT7
2. RE8
3. RE4R
4. Behemoth
5. Moss 1 and 2
6. Firewall Ultra
7. Horizon Call of the Mountain
8. Kayak VR: Mirage
9. The Last Worker

As for GT7's VR, I'm expecting it to launch with maybe most modes supported, then slowly patched to support almost the whole game.

Kayak VR looks great, but the gameplay is probably boring after 5 minutes.

PlayStation VR2: 13 new titles and launch lineup revealed – PlayStation.Blog

New titles announced for PSVR2:

Before Your Eyes

Kayak VR Mirage (officially)

Pavlov VR

Puzzling Places

Song in the Smoke: Rekindled

Synth Riders: Remastered Edition

Thumper

NFL Pro Era

What the Bat?

Rez Infinite

Tetris Effect

Creed Rise to Glory: Championship Edition

The Last Clockwinder

Also, GT7 appears to be the full game sans 2 player split screen mode.

Around the Network

We’re thrilled that Gran Turismo 7 will be a PS VR2 launch title! Through a free upgrade, for those who have already purchased Gran Turismo 7, players will experience all cars and tracks in VR like never before. GT7 in VR takes full advantage of PS VR2’s next gen features. With eye tracking and foveated rendering, players will experience stunning visual fidelity while racing in any of the 450+ cars. While 2-player splitscreen races are not supported in VR, all other races, including online races, will be available. From the Nürburgring to Tsukuba, tracks can be experienced exactly as they are in real life.

Great stuff.

And I am ashamed that Twintail beat me by 10's of minutes. 

What a time to be a Gran Turismo fan again, GT5 was my last.

I predicted 20 million PSVR2's sold lifetime but if Sony keep including VR modes (partial or whole) in the majority of their relevant future games, and pay select major 3rd party titles for VR integration, my high expectations may easily be exceeded.

The "hybrid" approach will do for this generation, full length AAA exclusives should start landing in the late 2020's. All that is left to accelerate console/PC VR adoption is Nintendo joining. I can also see Xbox supporting a 3rd party headset (I'm thinking Quest 3) rather than build their own, which would help too.

Last edited by Kyuu - on 19 January 2023

Kyuu said:

I predicted 20 million PSVR2's sold lifetime but if Sony keep including VR modes (partial or whole) in the majority of their relevant future games, and pay select major 3rd party titles for VR integration, my high expectations may easily be exceeded.

The "hybrid" approach will do for this generation, full length AAA exclusives should start landing in the late 2020's. All that is left to accelerate console/PC VR adoption is Nintendo joining. I can also see Xbox supporting a 3rd party headset (I'm thinking Quest 3) rather than build their own, which would help too.

Do we know how many units the PSVR1 has sold this far?

The only data I could find was 5 million, but I think that was back in 2019.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Kyuu said:

Do we know how many units the PSVR1 has sold this far?

The only data I could find was 5 million, but I think that was back in 2019.

We've never got an update since but I'm guessing around 7 million so far? idk.