By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Well, never thought this would happen, but I got an xbox

I've always had a playstation, 1 through to 5. Never had any intentions to purchase an xbox, got many games to play and catch up currently. If anything I thought I would have got a switch, and was close. But then I thought,  i'll wait till botw2 releases, or bayonetta 3, but by then they might have annouced the new nintendo. So the switch is on hold, but I am a lover of tech lately and my phone provider was offering a good subscription offer on the series s/x with gamepass at a discount. I decided on the series s, as the ps5 will remain the console of choice, and I like the small form factor. Hopefully by friday it should arrive.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

So what games did you get?

Edit: oh gamepass, nvm

Hopefully hellblade 2 gets released 2022. I'll play through halo infinite campaign and then checkout flight simulator.

I did the same, just bought a series x before Christmas. I have to say I'm very impressed so far.

Enjoy

Nice, looks like you will be playing Elder Scrolls 6 and Fallout 5 afterall! ;)

But seriously, congrats. I hope you enjoy being a multi console owner as much as I do. Having the trifecta is always the best way to go if you can afford it. One will always be your preference, but you have access to everything.  And since you are new to XBox and have gamepass, there is a lot to catch up on.  Enjoy!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Nice, man. Owning all consoles is good. Never fun missing out on exclusive games, enjoy! The Xbox One generation was lackluster, but it seems they're gearing things up finally. All 3 companies are doing great right now :)

KratosLives said:

I've always had a playstation, 1 through to 5. Never had any intentions to purchase an xbox, got many games to play and catch up currently. If anything I thought I would have got a switch, and was close. But then I thought,  i'll wait till botw2 releases, or bayonetta 3, but by then they might have annouced the new nintendo. So the switch is on hold, but I am a lover of tech lately and my phone provider was offering a good subscription offer on the series s/x with gamepass at a discount. I decided on the series s, as the ps5 will remain the console of choice, and I like the small form factor. Hopefully by friday it should arrive.

Nothing to be ashamed about. the console itself is great and while they haven't lived up to their potential for me personally (yet), they've got the most room for improvement and a tonne of promise over this next generation. I hope they succeed more this generation than they did last so I can have an excuse to get one. 

also, if I could get a subscription model to get it with GamePass and XBLA, I would in a heartbeat. it's like 40 CAD a month for it, a price I could afford. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I recommend Gears 5, both Ori games, and Forza Horizon (any of them), in addition to Halo Infinite, as good games to check out. Even if you think you don't care about any of those games, the great thing about game pass is that you have nothing to lose in trying them out. I never played gears until game pass, and I probably wouldn't buy Forza Horizon if I had to pay $60 for it. But I've gotten tons of fun out of those games thanks to my game pass subscription.

Last edited by VAMatt - on 28 December 2021

Runa216 said:
KratosLives said:

Nothing to be ashamed about. the console itself is great and while they haven't lived up to their potential for me personally (yet), they've got the most room for improvement and a tonne of promise over this next generation. I hope they succeed more this generation than they did last so I can have an excuse to get one. 

also, if I could get a subscription model to get it with GamePass and XBLA, I would in a heartbeat. it's like 40 CAD a month for it, a price I could afford. 

It's 40 a month? Is that cheap or over priced?

VAMatt said:

I recommend Gears 5, both Ori games, and Forza Horizon (any of them), in addition to Halo Infinite, as good games to check out. Even if you think you don't care about any of those games, the great thing about game pass is that you have nothing to lose and trying them out. I never played gears until game pass, and I probably wouldn't buy Forza Horizon if I had to pay $60 for it. But I've gotten tons of fun out of those games thanks to my game pass subscription.

Hopefully i'll get a around to checking gears 5. I've got some catching up to do on ps5, and in that time several other big games will be releasing. But one day maybe.