By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - STALKER 2 is getting NFT's........

Shiken said:
eva01beserk said:

Depends what you like. If you like the type of game you will ignore the bad. If you dont like these types of games you will focus on the bad. Im one of those that cant see what people like in online shooters.

No he dint. He said quality was not afected. Wich I showed where it was. I never said the game sucked or anything. I said there where complains with the game going free to play amd I atrubuted the decision to gamepass. Having content cut to stretch the life of the game is a definete drop in overall quality. That the game is still viewed in a good light overall does not take away that it could have been better.

The quality isn't bad, it is a very polished single player experience.  Also Halo Campaign is not an online shooter.  It is a single player shooter, so not sure what your stance on multiplayer shooters has to do with it.  It is sold on its own, and stands on its own as a very polished, complete, and quality experience as a single player game.  Lack of co op is really the only true complaint, which has nothing to do with gamepass and still does not take from the core single player experience.

Also gamepass has nothing to do with Infinite multiplayer, as you do not need gamepass or gold to play it.  They have no connection to eachother, which demerits your entire argument and hurts your credibility when it comes to any subject involving gamepass in general the more you keep trying to connect the two.

You are reaching far too hard on this, and it shows.

Already adrresed what you are saying.

Dint claim halo is bad.

Dosent make them 2 sparate games.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
chakkra said:
eva01beserk said:

I suppose that makes them 2 separate games. I see now. So lets talk about the campaing. You do know that the complains where not only about the multyplayer? People where also complaining of the missing modes like coop. 

Driving sims where always service like so forza was gona be what it was always gona be. Wich is why I only mentioned halo wich was at least 50/50. 

If you want to attack Gamepass you need to come up with a better example. Halo Infinite is an awesome game.

GAME AWARDS People´s Choice. 

Now again never said it was a bad game. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Shiken said:

The quality isn't bad, it is a very polished single player experience.  Also Halo Campaign is not an online shooter.  It is a single player shooter, so not sure what your stance on multiplayer shooters has to do with it.  It is sold on its own, and stands on its own as a very polished, complete, and quality experience as a single player game.  Lack of co op is really the only true complaint, which has nothing to do with gamepass and still does not take from the core single player experience.

Also gamepass has nothing to do with Infinite multiplayer, as you do not need gamepass or gold to play it.  They have no connection to eachother, which demerits your entire argument and hurts your credibility when it comes to any subject involving gamepass in general the more you keep trying to connect the two.

You are reaching far too hard on this, and it shows.

Dint claim halo is bad.

What makes them two separate games is that the Campaign is sold by itself at full price (and worth it) or requires gamepass.  It is its own entity.

The multiplayer is F2P and a seperate download on its own, without even needing gamepass.  It is also monetized on its own and does not require you to own or even install the Halo Campaign.  They are two seperate products, and function as such.

Just because they are part of the same IP and released at relatively the same time, that does not make them the same game.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Ryuu96 said:

Have to say, publishers considering implementing NFTs would love if discussions regarding NFTs went as this thread has gone, Lol.

The NFT issue <----------------------------------------------------------> The current conversation in this thread.

👏

I should probably stop. 

In my defense, im at work on a Saturday and half assing everything so I got to much time on my hands. 

Shiken said:
eva01beserk said:

Dint claim halo is bad.

What makes them two separate games is that the Campaign is sold by itself at full price (and worth it) or requires gamepass.  It is its own entity.

The multiplayer is F2P and a seperate download on its own, without even needing gamepass.  It is also monetized on its own and does not require you to own or even install the Halo Campaign.  They are two seperate products, and function as such.

Just because they are part of the same IP and released at relatively the same time, that does not make them the same game.

Since I said I'm gona stop derailing this thread I'm just gona say. No.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

By adding Ubisoft style open world design? I thought the open world was the weakest part of the campaign. The map felt pretty small by the end, lacking variation. It did have some cool set pieces but overall felt generic. My screenshot collection reflects that, not a lot of shots of the open world. The Nexus and Repository were my favorite levels. The opening and ending were great as well.

I ended up getting frustrated while free roaming with all the limits around. Most of my deaths were from getting timed out "return to the battlefield", venturing a tad too low (instant death) or the grapple hook failing in places you're not allowed to go I guess. I did collect all cores, fobs, squads, targets, propaganda towers, maybe that's why it started feeling repetitive. Capture another copy paste FOB, more icons sprout on the map.

The campaign was certainly fun to play but in the end, I enjoyed Halo 4's campaign more. But since a lot of people didn't like Halo 4, perhaps I'm simply not part of the target audience for Halo. As far as FPS goes, Half Life 2 > Resistance 3 > Wolfenstein New Order > Halo 4 > Max Payne 3 are my favorite campaigns.

What I meant is subscription services sit between F2P on the one end of the spectrum, and full price games at the other end. Gamepass sits in the middle and its games don't need to be as 'predatory' as F2P, but let's not pretend subscription services don't prefer the GAAS model with MTX, DLC and Season passes to keep the money coming in.

I didn't get any Ubisoft vibes playing Halo. Infact most open world games operate in very similar ways. Horizon Zero Dawn, GoT, Spiderman, Zelda BOTW etc. They all require you to either climb a tower or capture bases. That's not just a Ubisoft style, that's just a style. What i liked about Halo was how fast it was. It doesn't require you to capture the bases yet if you did, wont take you long. It doesn't feel like a chore. Halo Infinite awards the players quite quickly. Maybe that's just in our difference in tastes.

I enjoyed the wonder the Halo ring offered. Everything looked great and always made me wonder whats over there, i also enjoyed the size of the map. I know that's a little out of left field but hear me out. Big maps don't mean better games. Halo felt like a suitable size for what it was trying to do. It felt big enough yet easy to explore if you decided to go off course. Maybe its my age and i don't have the patience for massive open worlds anymore as it just takes too long to get to point A to point B to achieve the same objective you did 15mins ago. Halo might have had similar objectives like the FOB bases but they were easy to get to, quick to claim and the benefits of accessing Fast Travel (Don't need to unlock it) made the game flow. 

I don't agree with the service models being blamed for predatory actions. As mentioned before, these predatory actions are not new. They have been happening way before these services. I feel its just an easy target for those that just want to blame something. What about all the Sport games? EA Battlefronts? Was that GamePass's fault? No, it didn't exist. Predatory actions will always exists because that's dependent on the companies not the services. Games are not built with GamePass in mind, they are built the same as all the other games. Weather it ends up on GP during development or after release is any ones guess and depends if MS want it day one. 

The Ubisoft style isn't just climbing a tower, it's after climbing the tower you get icon litter. BOTW just reveals the map but no icons. You still have to discover on your own. Icon litter is shit. Takes the fun out of exploring. Instead, people just go from point to point. That defeat's the idea of an open world.

Last edited by Leynos - on 19 December 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Azzanation said:

I didn't get any Ubisoft vibes playing Halo. Infact most open world games operate in very similar ways. Horizon Zero Dawn, GoT, Spiderman, Zelda BOTW etc. They all require you to either climb a tower or capture bases. That's not just a Ubisoft style, that's just a style. What i liked about Halo was how fast it was. It doesn't require you to capture the bases yet if you did, wont take you long. It doesn't feel like a chore. Halo Infinite awards the players quite quickly. Maybe that's just in our difference in tastes.

I enjoyed the wonder the Halo ring offered. Everything looked great and always made me wonder whats over there, i also enjoyed the size of the map. I know that's a little out of left field but hear me out. Big maps don't mean better games. Halo felt like a suitable size for what it was trying to do. It felt big enough yet easy to explore if you decided to go off course. Maybe its my age and i don't have the patience for massive open worlds anymore as it just takes too long to get to point A to point B to achieve the same objective you did 15mins ago. Halo might have had similar objectives like the FOB bases but they were easy to get to, quick to claim and the benefits of accessing Fast Travel (Don't need to unlock it) made the game flow. 

I don't agree with the service models being blamed for predatory actions. As mentioned before, these predatory actions are not new. They have been happening way before these services. I feel its just an easy target for those that just want to blame something. What about all the Sport games? EA Battlefronts? Was that GamePass's fault? No, it didn't exist. Predatory actions will always exists because that's dependent on the companies not the services. Games are not built with GamePass in mind, they are built the same as all the other games. Weather it ends up on GP during development or after release is any ones guess and depends if MS want it day one. 

I'm 47 lol, with age comes patience, I'm far more patient than I used to be. And maybe that's why Halo objectives felt undercooked to me. All the FOBs, Squads, Cores, Targets feel like fodder because they're over so quick. That makes it feel like a check mark on a to do list instead of anything meaningful adding to the game. The purple colored objectives were fun extras, since they take you a lot longer to complete, require a little bit of strategy and exploring. (The objectives were a bit unimaginative, but at least it felt substantial)

I like exploring and while Infinite's open world chunk was fun to explore, it did feel cramped. Everything could have been spread out quite a lot, these rings are supposed to be massive in scale. And the invisible walls stopping further exploration were a bit disappointing.

I didn't enjoy the icon mess in Ghost of Tsushima either btw. Far far too much repetitive fodder. (Thanks GoT I can't stand Haikus now) I played the PS5 version and ran away from the extra content when I was allowed off the island again. Didn't complete that part, just too much. I rather explore and find something without icons all over the place. (The wind directing you mechanic was good though, brilliant alternative to HUD clutter)

The best to explore openworld imo is Death Stranding's chapter 3. So rewarding just to set out and explore the environment, building routes along the way (And yep, that game requires a lot of patience and time lol)

As for predatory actions, no service models are not the be blamed for them. If anything, it's more the other way around. Predatory actions fit better with service models. As I said before, on one end of the spectrum you have f2p that needs to survive on 'predatory actions', on the other end you have the now endangered, full price complete game at release. Service models sit in between. Sure complete games without extras are on these services, yet the cash cows are those with ongoing DLC and predatory actions.

If you want to launch NFTs in a game, day 1 on gamepass like service, is the way to sneak them in. You saw it here already. NFTs are bad in Stalker. "Well I'll get it on Gamepass anyway, won't affect me" Service models lower the resistance to introducing more predatory actions, that's my view.

Leynos said:

The Ubisoft style isn't just climbing a tower, it's after climbing the tower you get icon litter. BOTW just reveals the map but no icons. You still have to discover on your own. Icon litter is shit. Takes the fun out of exploring. Instead, people just go from point to point. That defeat's the idea of an open world.

Even that was too much for me. I left the tower climbing to after I was done exploring each area. Same in Halo Infinite, don't touch the FOBs until exploring the area since they drop icons on it. Same again in Death Stranding, played it off-line first, explored the entire map first before doing the missions, soiling the map with icons.

These games need a option in the menu, Exploration:
- Tower style (complete objective and reveal surroundings)
- Fog of war style (only color in map / add icons after finding them)
Second one for me every day. Let me explore and actually find things!

Fog of war style is always better since you can see where you haven't been yet. GoT got that right, just not all the icons everywhere and hundred fox dens and what not all over the map. (But I do finally know what the fox says!)

SvennoJ said:

As for predatory actions, no service models are not the be blamed for them. If anything, it's more the other way around. Predatory actions fit better with service models. As I said before, on one end of the spectrum you have f2p that needs to survive on 'predatory actions', on the other end you have the now endangered, full price complete game at release. Service models sit in between. Sure complete games without extras are on these services, yet the cash cows are those with ongoing DLC and predatory actions.

If you want to launch NFTs in a game, day 1 on gamepass like service, is the way to sneak them in. You saw it here already. NFTs are bad in Stalker. "Well I'll get it on Gamepass anyway, won't affect me" Service models lower the resistance to introducing more predatory actions, that's my view.

Stalker 2 would have had the NFT's regardless if it was day one on GP or not. The problem is games are getting more expensive to make and developers are seeing how much money other games like Fifa and mobile games rake in per year and are wondering, why cant they do the same. That's the source of the problem. A service where a company gets royalties for having their game added for a couple months isn't what convinces them to add in predatory business practices.