By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - STALKER 2 is getting NFT's........

Ryuu96 said:

Bold - The Studio Head of Double Fine would disagree with you, Lol.

He is on the record saying that Microsoft helped a lot, they were running low on funds and had to cut a lot of content (including the praised boss fights), Microsoft acquired them in 2019 and P2 released in 2021 which is 2 years of development under Microsoft, definitely not "at the last minute" and the extra funding and time allowed them to add back the cut content, including boss fights.

How Minecraft and Mojang taught Xbox how to buy studios | GamesIndustry.biz

"With Psychonauts 2, we could see the end of our budget coming up, and so we had cut a lot of stuff," Schafer explains. "We had cut our boss fights. Now we are able to put those back in, and we're like 'we think people would have noticed if we didn't have those boss fights'. Being able to complete the game in the way that it was meant to be was very important.

Oh crap, another game ruined for me by MS :p (I can't stand boss fights in general)

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Azzanation said:

You clearly haven't played Halo Infinite which makes your entire point invalid.

Lets look at the last 4 games published by Xbox and are all day one on Game Pass.

Forza Horizon 5 (92 Meta, Racing GOTY)

Halo Infinite (87 Meta, Players Choice Award 2021)

Psychonaunts 2 (87 Meta, GOTY Contender)

Age of Empires 4 (83 Meta, RTS GOTY)

Now i don't give a damn about Meta and awards but proof shows that if anything, since Game Pass launched, Microsoft games have overall improved based on critics and awards given.

If you don't like GP than don't use it. Its a service not a developer that makes games. MTX's and Lootboxes were a problem way before GP and its still a problem now. Shifting the blame on a consumer friendly optional service does nothing for anyone and wont fix this issue.

Oh no. I must be the first person to coment on a game I havent played. My gamer badge must be taken away.

Not really. Those games are in average what the previous entrys got. MS had nothing to do with psychonaughts. They just bought the studio at the last minute.

Of course complainimg works. Did you not read the thread? The devs droped the nft on this game after people complained. Our voices and our wallets are what dictate what these companies do. Gamers already lost the lootboxes and cosmetics fights cuz they just keep buying them and saying its not important. Lets please stand now. 

Average games? Last minute buy out? It MS that helped delay the game. I believe someone has already addressed you on this. All titles mentioned were in the best games of the year categories. Far from average games, maybe not your type of games. Anyway lets digress.

How can someone who hasn't played a game, complain about it? Its like if you didn't watch a movie, yet cast judgement on it and have an opinion, Sorry zero experience does not validate an opinion, you can only assume which is never the smartest way. I understand that you can look up the reviews, yet all i see is mainly praise for majority of the recent Xbox games. Halo Infinite went through development hell and they surfaced with a very satisfactory game. How come you cant point out complaints with other MS titles? Did Forza Horizon 5, Age of Empires 4 and Psychonauts 2 miss content at launch or offer these bad business practices, considering they are Game Pass Approved games?

You are blaming everything on Game Pass and on games that aren't even 1st party, yet knowing that these anti consumer practices have existed in games way before Game Pass was even an idea.

I agree that complaining works to help straighten companies out.. BUT Complaining ONLY works when you AIM your arguments at the source of the problems. What you are doing is blaming something that has nothing to do with game development. 

Companies will always do what they want, regardless of the service. The problem with your entire argument is you want them to drop a service which has nothing to do with the problem, and if they dropped the service, these problems would still exist just like how the problems existed before GP.

SvennoJ said:

I have played Halo Infinite campaign, finished it already. It's great at what it does but I prefer the variety and pacing of Halo 4's campaign which I played through twice. I have no intention anymore to play Infinite's campaign in co-op when it arrives.

Whether it's gamepass' influence or because everything has to be open world nowadays I don't know, probably a bit of both. It launched unfinished (no co-op, no mission replay, no weather, rather short campaign without the open world padding)

I don't know what exactly is going on with the multiplayer (won't touch that regardless) but I have seen the reddit get locked for days over all the backlash and the complaints about missing modes, not letting you choose what to play, people leaving matches or sitting them out because of that. Plus all the stuff about season pass progression. All of the news surrounding the f2p model is only confirming my stance not to touch multiplayer.

In the end, F2P and fixed pay per month require other revenue streams to keep the games going. Whether it's shorter campaigns opening the door for DLC, Season passes or more MTX, it simply is nothing like how the landscape was when Halo 4 launched.

Halo's Multiplayer is F2P and has zero to do with GP. Unfortunately that's the price we have to pay for F2P games since you actually don't have to pay for the game at all. Compared to whats out on the market, Halo's MP is far beyond what BF 2043 and COD Vanguard offer, and those games you have to pay full price for. 343 is giving you a better MP experience for free and if you want to spend money on a Season Pass which is standard across majority of MP games than the choice is up to the consumer.

I just finished the Campaign last night and loved it. I ended up free roaming to find all the hidden secrets and the game was an experience for me. Its exactly what i wanted in a Halo game. The open world design is what suits the genre in my opinion. Halo needed to revert back and needed to find its identity again rather than play like everything else. It feels like Halo and its 10 to 20 hour campaign was a lot bigger than Halo 4's 10 hour and Halo 5's 5 hour campaign. Obviously these times depend on the player.

Halo Infinite MP MTXs are all cosmetics and many people don't even bother with the shop. A lot just play it for the casual gameplay mechanics and fun. Modes are missing however its far from the end of the world. Their is enough game their to keep you busy.

Azzanation said:
SvennoJ said:

I have played Halo Infinite campaign, finished it already. It's great at what it does but I prefer the variety and pacing of Halo 4's campaign which I played through twice. I have no intention anymore to play Infinite's campaign in co-op when it arrives.

Whether it's gamepass' influence or because everything has to be open world nowadays I don't know, probably a bit of both. It launched unfinished (no co-op, no mission replay, no weather, rather short campaign without the open world padding)

I don't know what exactly is going on with the multiplayer (won't touch that regardless) but I have seen the reddit get locked for days over all the backlash and the complaints about missing modes, not letting you choose what to play, people leaving matches or sitting them out because of that. Plus all the stuff about season pass progression. All of the news surrounding the f2p model is only confirming my stance not to touch multiplayer.

In the end, F2P and fixed pay per month require other revenue streams to keep the games going. Whether it's shorter campaigns opening the door for DLC, Season passes or more MTX, it simply is nothing like how the landscape was when Halo 4 launched.

Halo's Multiplayer is F2P and has zero to do with GP. Unfortunately that's the price we have to pay for F2P games since you actually don't have to pay for the game at all. Compared to whats out on the market, Halo's MP is far beyond what BF 2043 and COD Vanguard offer, and those games you have to pay full price for. 343 is giving you a better MP experience for free and if you want to spend money on a Season Pass which is standard across majority of MP games than the choice is up to the consumer.

I just finished the Campaign last night and loved it. I ended up free roaming to find all the hidden secrets and the game was an experience for me. Its exactly what i wanted in a Halo game. The open world design is what suits the genre in my opinion. Halo needed to revert back and needed to find its identity again rather than play like everything else. It feels like Halo and its 10 to 20 hour campaign was a lot bigger than Halo 4's 10 hour and Halo 5's 5 hour campaign. Obviously these times depend on the player.

Halo Infinite MP MTXs are all cosmetics and many people don't even bother with the shop. A lot just play it for the casual gameplay mechanics and fun. Modes are missing however its far from the end of the world. Their is enough game their to keep you busy.

By adding Ubisoft style open world design? I thought the open world was the weakest part of the campaign. The map felt pretty small by the end, lacking variation. It did have some cool set pieces but overall felt generic. My screenshot collection reflects that, not a lot of shots of the open world. The Nexus and Repository were my favorite levels. The opening and ending were great as well.

I ended up getting frustrated while free roaming with all the limits around. Most of my deaths were from getting timed out "return to the battlefield", venturing a tad too low (instant death) or the grapple hook failing in places you're not allowed to go I guess. I did collect all cores, fobs, squads, targets, propaganda towers, maybe that's why it started feeling repetitive. Capture another copy paste FOB, more icons sprout on the map.

The campaign was certainly fun to play but in the end, I enjoyed Halo 4's campaign more. But since a lot of people didn't like Halo 4, perhaps I'm simply not part of the target audience for Halo. As far as FPS goes, Half Life 2 > Resistance 3 > Wolfenstein New Order > Halo 4 > Max Payne 3 are my favorite campaigns.

What I meant is subscription services sit between F2P on the one end of the spectrum, and full price games at the other end. Gamepass sits in the middle and its games don't need to be as 'predatory' as F2P, but let's not pretend subscription services don't prefer the GAAS model with MTX, DLC and Season passes to keep the money coming in.

eva01beserk said:
Shiken said:

Lack of co op is really the only complaint there has been on the campaign (which is fair), but that got washed out when the game came out and was really a lot better and more polished than people expected.  But I guess if you were looking for reasons to complain, cherry picking one topic and ignoring all the praises would be the logical thing to fit the agenda.

He never said Halo was perfect, he said that MS just dropped two of this years most praised games on gamepass day 1, which is true.  You do not get an 87 meta score with a high user score to match by not being a good polished experience.

Depends what you like. If you like the type of game you will ignore the bad. If you dont like these types of games you will focus on the bad. Im one of those that cant see what people like in online shooters.

No he dint. He said quality was not afected. Wich I showed where it was. I never said the game sucked or anything. I said there where complains with the game going free to play amd I atrubuted the decision to gamepass. Having content cut to stretch the life of the game is a definete drop in overall quality. That the game is still viewed in a good light overall does not take away that it could have been better.

The quality isn't bad, it is a very polished single player experience.  Also Halo Campaign is not an online shooter.  It is a single player shooter, so not sure what your stance on multiplayer shooters has to do with it.  It is sold on its own, and stands on its own as a very polished, complete, and quality experience as a single player game.  Lack of co op is really the only true complaint, which has nothing to do with gamepass and still does not take from the core single player experience.

Also gamepass has nothing to do with Infinite multiplayer, as you do not need gamepass or gold to play it.  They have no connection to eachother, which demerits your entire argument and hurts your credibility when it comes to any subject involving gamepass in general the more you keep trying to connect the two.

You are reaching far too hard on this, and it shows.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Azzanation said:

By adding Ubisoft style open world design? I thought the open world was the weakest part of the campaign. The map felt pretty small by the end, lacking variation. It did have some cool set pieces but overall felt generic. My screenshot collection reflects that, not a lot of shots of the open world. The Nexus and Repository were my favorite levels. The opening and ending were great as well.

I ended up getting frustrated while free roaming with all the limits around. Most of my deaths were from getting timed out "return to the battlefield", venturing a tad too low (instant death) or the grapple hook failing in places you're not allowed to go I guess. I did collect all cores, fobs, squads, targets, propaganda towers, maybe that's why it started feeling repetitive. Capture another copy paste FOB, more icons sprout on the map.

The campaign was certainly fun to play but in the end, I enjoyed Halo 4's campaign more. But since a lot of people didn't like Halo 4, perhaps I'm simply not part of the target audience for Halo. As far as FPS goes, Half Life 2 > Resistance 3 > Wolfenstein New Order > Halo 4 > Max Payne 3 are my favorite campaigns.

What I meant is subscription services sit between F2P on the one end of the spectrum, and full price games at the other end. Gamepass sits in the middle and its games don't need to be as 'predatory' as F2P, but let's not pretend subscription services don't prefer the GAAS model with MTX, DLC and Season passes to keep the money coming in.

I dunno, I can see slight similarities but I don't get that vibe at all.  I have played a lot of Ubisoft games and Halo felt like a breath of fresh air to me.  Spiderman Remastered is closer to Ubisoft's design and I definitely feel the lack of variation and small world there.  I am enjoying the game, but it is now on hold 3/4 of the way through because I am having more fun with Halo Infinite, partly because it feels LESS like an ubisoft clone.

To each their own, this is your opinion so I cannot bash that.  I am just stating mine by comparison.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:

I dunno, I can see slight similarities but I don't get that vibe at all.  I have played a lot of Ubisoft games and Halo felt like a breath of fresh air to me.  Spiderman Remastered is closer to Ubisoft's design and I definitely feel the lack of variation and small world there.  I am enjoying the game, but it is now on hold 3/4 of the way through because I am having more fun with Halo Infinite, partly because it feels LESS like an ubisoft clone.

To each their own, this is your opinion so I cannot bash that.  I am just stating mine by comparison.

Different people, different experience. I did enjoy Spiderman's openworld, which felt less repetitive to me than Infinite's open world.
To each their own agreed.

eva01beserk said:
Shiken said:

I guess you missed the part where Halo multiplayer has nothing to do with gamepass.

He is refering the Halo Infinite Campaign, which is indeed fantastic, and Forza Horizon 5.  I get you don't like gamepass, but at least try to keep your examples relevant lol.

I suppose that makes them 2 separate games. I see now. So lets talk about the campaing. You do know that the complains where not only about the multyplayer? People where also complaining of the missing modes like coop. 

Driving sims where always service like so forza was gona be what it was always gona be. Wich is why I only mentioned halo wich was at least 50/50. 

If you want to attack Gamepass you need to come up with a better example. Halo Infinite is an awesome game.

GAME AWARDS People´s Choice. 

sundin13 said:

I'm not sure why I should care one way or the other.

If someone wants to pay for this, why should I care?

eva01beserk said:

And why would you need funding after the game releases? Dosent add up. 

DLC, patches, any form of continuing support and maintenance of the online infrastructure, and just generally the desire to continue to exist and be able to pay your employees. 

How about selling the game?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Ryuu96 said:
eva01beserk said:

Now you are just ignoring what i said and arguing with yourself. I already said now twice that gamepass is not the root of this. Now I'll say again so you can ignore it again, services like this make it easy for companies to try to implement waye to monetize. If not nft then something else. 

And why would you need funding after the game releases? Dosent add up. 

Yet you're still finding a way to blame Game Pass and bring it up into this thread, your first comment was literally blaming Game Pass, Lol.

To quote: "Game Pass seal of approval."

Game Pass is irrelevant to this thread.

Also Stalker 2 hasn't released yet, the bidding was set to take place before release.

Because you keep confusing something being the root cause of something and something finding a home in something. Like an open window dosent create flys but a fly will find its way in throw the door.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.